Seol at Fulham Part I + 2008-2009 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Uhm...no. I asked this other dude what the hell a "shaper" pick up line was. he never got back to me on that. The rest was for Vagina.

2. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I actually like the idea. Im sure its because he's become so slow and lazy. He's got a knack for the back of the net anyways. He'll be more productive as upfront than as a winger without a doubt. He can cherry-pick all he wants now.

3. cappuccino_kid

Oct 23, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    Actually didn't Coppell play him as a striker during one stretch at Reading?

4. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He did. Hes been up front for the KNT too I think.

5. SlackerMacker

SlackerMacker Member

Sep 23, 2006
    Club:
    Reading FC
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJzmHJNIO-Q

Glen Little took his spot as Winger, moved up and replaced Kitson.

O The Glory Days of Reading

6. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I appreciate your compliment, but I only speak the truth.

I wasn't trying to discredit Seol's goal against Hull City. I was actually surprised myself. But I'm merely suggesting the fact that Seol is likely to fade away as the season progresses. I've been a fan of Korean football for as long as I can remember, and I have a soft spot for all the players who contributed to our success in 2002, but I just don't see how Seol is going to turn things around and end his inconsistency.

Seol is easily one of the best wingers in PL when he's on his day, but that's pointless when he only has 5 good days per year. And it's been that way for quite some time. He played the best football of his career in 2002/2003 season when he was with Anderlecht, but even then, he still couldn't complete the entire season. And on top of that, the guy has history of getting into shite with almost every single managers he's been with.

I'm not completely writing him off either, but it is what it is.

7. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005
    ya this happened with him so many times... then they'll blame him for sucking as a striker as usual and he'll fade.

8. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005
    yimmy was being sarcastic because this was exactly what happend to seol in his previous two teams... god you are facking dumb.

for someone who has apparently followed football for 10 years you sure know how to not clue in to obvious football knowledge.

9. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Dumb is when you actually think Yimmy actually has one sarcastic bone in his hall monitor body. Low grade tongue and cheek maybe but you must be the only one to pick up on yimmy's "sarcasm." Are you like a dog that can hear very low decibel frequency sounds? Do your ears prop up and your head move suddenly when the postal truck is within 500 feet from your house? Id bet the farm it does.

But then again, you would know a lot about bones because your skull seems to be one huge one. A tiny peanut-sized brain encased in calcium

Can you even tell me what formation Seol was involved in with Wolverhampton when Glenn Hoddle was in charge?

I see that your on. Please answer before you take off like you normally do.

10. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Listen...dont get mad at me Vag.

Im simply doing the dirty work of about 10 people here who are too lazy to bother with your dumb ass.

11. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Everybody....I discovered Seol's striker talent about 2 months before anyone. Recognize.

Hodgson is so dumb for taking this long. Anyways, Im a football analyst god so bow down before me now.

12. dma36

dma36 New Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I was expecting him to disappear from PL this year based on his character and his history.. bad relationship with his manager and all. There was a rumor that he might start the game last weekend, but I really didn't expect him to start the game. I really believe that Fulham will drop him after the tour in Korea.

Where would he go after Fulham if it doesn't work out? He really didn't do anything last year with Fulham.

Somehow he fought his way to start the game and scores one. I think this is worth noting for Seol. Not because he had a good day ( we all know he will have some of those ), but he fought his way back.... instead of running from it.
    And I did notice that he said all the right things prior to the game.. things like playing defense, manager picks the players, team before the player

Here is what i love about Seol. He is so Korean and he loves it. He is so proud of it. To me, he doesn't play the Korean style football (high speed, endurance and high football IQ). To me Korean football is like the way Michael Chang used to play tennis. Seol plays like typical Euro players and looks good doing it... more of sport center stuff. So sheWonHae.

I am not saying he will be showing up to play every game. I expect him to fade away. That is the thing about Koreans. We love drama. We love to prove you wrong. And I am hoping that Seol will do just that.. prove us wrong.
    Did I say he is SO KOREAN?

13. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    are these forums your life?

14. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Aw cmon...the bullet-head can defend himself. If he wants to stop, thats all he really needs to do.

15. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Btw, if I remember correctly Seol was a striker for Korea back in 2002.

16. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Well, he played left winger in 3-4-3.

But he did start off his career playing up top as a striker. And he got to Europe (Antwerp) playing the same position. In AC2000, he paired up with Lee Dong-guk up front in 3-5-2. Probably would've played striker earlier that year in 2000 Sydney Olympics if it wasn't for his injury.

He's got the body, strength, touch and athleticism to play striker, but he has a poor understanding of shielding/holding the ball up top in order to be able to bring teammates into plays. He's better off playing on the wings, imo.

With that being said, he'd still be better in that position than JJJ will ever be. But I guess that's not really saying much.

17. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    That just means that Seol has a faint pulse.

18. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Let's start a new one over here