Semifinal #1 Germany vs Turkey [R]

Discussion in 'Knock-out Phase' started by sidspaceman, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

why is that?

is it hard to believe the point?.

2. sinan

sinan Member

Jun 25, 2008
    I did not have hope before match, even I said we will lose since we had missing 5 best players, so I have no reason to be biased,
    anyway no need to spend my energy, Russia will play football and win at the end, unless a referee is assigned to stop them.

3. Thatturkishguy

Thatturkishguy New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Even though I was unable to watch most of the second half (damn you technology) I don't understand how people say luck or the ref was one way or the other. From what I saw this was a hard faught game neither team had extremely bad breaks that absolutely decided the game. Calls are never going to be perfect but hey that's soccer (football, Give me a break I'm American). I didn't see any one team get any unfair advantage, I'd say Germany won fair and square.

4. sinan

sinan Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Sorry dude, that s the reason why dont you get it, cause Americans does not know soccer deeply yet, as Turks do not know about basketball yet, think about fouls against Shaq for example, similar to that, in Turkey basketball league, if you do such a thing, tactic , people will not get it.

we play with americans ever week, though they are physicall stronger , running twice as much as us, can shoot stronger, we always win, guess what?
    there is something called, vision, tactic.

5. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Well said points.

But, gues what?

Turkey vs Czech
    Turkey vs Croatia
    Turky vs Germany

all these games, the Turks saw yellow with utter way.
    But, smilar fouls/position in other games of other team plays;
    Ref didint show anything almost.

could be lobby.

like 2002 Rivaldo scene,
    or Ronaldo pk position at outside of area, refs gived inside present.

Turkey always get unfair referreing at tournaments;

anyway,
    with out NINE starters players , Turkey climp to semi finale....

And they deserv to get Thanks and prize from theyr Nation.

Congrats to the Germany in theyr win.

6. UEFA2008

UEFA2008 Red Card

Jun 21, 2008
    Conveniently, UEFA already assigned the referee for the final before the semifinals have even played. Who is it?

Roberto Rossetti and his team from Italy.

If I were Spain or Russia and made it to the final, I will be more worried about that referee then Germany.

7. Brehme

Brehme Member

May 16, 2006
    Germany played the semifinal for the third time in the last four big tournaments and reached the final for the second time.

They didn't play great, but hey, it's always like that in these games with Underdogs when they play against big teams. Rarely the big teams win clearly. However, Germany managed to score three goals vs Turkey today and win the game despite playing average, that's what big teams do. Teams like Netherlands or Portugal always lose these games when they have a bad day, Germany wins these games.

Congrats to Turkey for giving a good fight.

8. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoops, I forgot about Sweden '92.

Still, Germany has played in 12 World Cup or European Championship finals, and are about to play their 13th. That's 12 more than England has ever done. :D

9. Black Label

Black Label New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Utrecht
    Germans will be Germans thats all there's left to say.:cool:

10. Todorov

Todorov New Member

May 22, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well, first of all congratulations to Germany. They have reached the final and as the saying goes "gloria victoribus".

As for the game itself, I think Turkey excelled with their reserves. They proved decisively that they are quality side, even to the most skeptic ones out there who still thought they were in the semis out of sheer luck. I would like to see Spain, Russia, Italy or Holland play this way against Germany with such limitations. Bravo to them!

I was rooting for the turks and I still feel kind of bad they haven't got through. Rüstü's mistake (second in a row, after the one against Croatia) did cost them the game this time. It goes without saying that Volkan should've played today but UEFA is once again to blame on that: Schweinsteiger got 1 game, Demirel got 2. Football's justice is far from blind.

Anyway, their team has a lot of passion and some quality, especially up in front. I hope they can build up on this and have a strong presence in 2010's WC.

As for Germany, well, it's the same old same. Kind of dull, kind of slow, kind of lucky, but they managed to deliver the result they needed once again. Still, if they are going to win this one, PLEASE, play a lot better in the final for the sake of the game. I don't think this German squad is a great team, far from that, but I think they can and must play better than this crappy football displayed tonight. Probably it was Low's strategy to bore Turkey to death and it eventually paid off, but for us out there, sometimes this kind of game is too painful to watch.

I'm still hoping for Spain or Russia to win this cup, really. And one can never hope too much. :cool:

11. sinan

sinan Member

Jun 25, 2008
    man my point is not this ref will support this, if Spain-Germany plays, regardless of who is referee, a referee can t do sth agains them, they have a good lobby,
    but if Russia-Germany, then you will see ref,
    I hope that will not happen, but as roxbury said, Turkey had always bad referees, ok, but this tournament was just simply unacceptable.

or do you think for example Portugal-Germany match, there was no fouls in goals? I think so in Ballacks goal at least,
    this thing happens all the time, referees are biased to big countries like Germany, Italy (remember last world cup agains australia) , Spain starts game 1-0 against countries like Turkey, Czech, Romania so on so forth.

12. Thatturkishguy

Thatturkishguy New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Haha my friend I don't think you can speak to what I get and don't get. I've played soccer my entire life my father came here when he was 18 from Turkey where he was scouted to play professionally when he was 14. He was an All American Striker in college and coached me my entire life, I played year round for 20 years including seasons for my college. I know the game of soccer. I understand your point and I agree to some extent, Turks seem to get yellows on reputation alone sometimes. However this is nothing that a team can not over come. The ref made mistakes both ways, Germans won. If that isn't Soccer (Football, Give me a break I'm American) I don't know what is.

O and I don't know anything about Basketball, just because I grew up in the states doesn't mean that I know Shaq's Favorite color...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Turks had a great tournament and played a great game, I'd say they came out a winner in this one despite today's result.

13. UEFA2008

UEFA2008 Red Card

Jun 21, 2008
    Do you remember the run by South Korea in 2002? How they "beat" Italy and Spain?

Think of that. Replace South Korea WITH England, have the opponents be Argentina, Portugal, and West Germany and you have the same thing. That is the only reason they "won".

14. Osnator

Osnator Member

Dec 3, 2005
    Osnabrück, Germany
    Wow, how great was that game from a dramaturgical point of view? Even the black-out was kinda great for the overall atmosphere and tension, at least in the bar where I was watching.

First of all, major kudos to both the turkish team and the turkish fans I met. We walked by a turkish bar waving flags and singing and no one was really bitter at all. Every turk I met congratulated us for the win and showed great sportsmanship. No sign of antipathie or even hate towards Germans at all. I'm really not sure that this would be the case with some of us Germans towards the turks as well if Turkey had won that match.

What a pity I have to go to work at 6 a.m., otherwise I would still be out there and have one hell of a time.

Man, I freaking love the Euros 08!

15. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    why can noone just accept that it was a tough game and the best strikers decided it?

16. sinan

sinan Member

Jun 25, 2008
    man ok, you seem to play football very much, may i ask you something
    1)Since when are you following major tournaments (WC, CL, EC)
    2)I watch the comments in ESPN after matches, excuse me , but they are like in elementary school level in Turkey, we were analyzing matches that way when we were in elementary school (excluding Andy gray of course)
    3)How many soccer matches do you watch weekly, how many post-match analysis over these issues?
    4)Do you know catanaccio,
    5) do you know notorious Austria-Germany match? The worst unfair thing in the history of soccer ?

football is not just football, do you know that?

17. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I want to make you president of FIFA ;)

18. sinan

sinan Member

Jun 25, 2008
    it was a tough game, and best strikers on the decided, not the best strikers team have, but on the pitch. (I dont think Germany has a skilled player at the level of Arda or Nihat)

19. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, trust me, I know that. There's no national team I hate more than Eng-er-land. :D

20. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan