Semi-finals Mexico vs Costa Rica 23 July – Chicago

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by M3gatron redded, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cristian Bolaños

Cristian Bolaños New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    Costa Rica
    Re: Semi-finals Mexico vs Costa Rica 23 July – Chicago

You can check it here,

http://www.nacion.com/ln_ee/2009/junio/04/deportes1985935.html

Starters not present vs Mexico
    - Michael Umaña - CB
    - Junio Diaz - LB
    - Walter Centeno - CM
    - Bryan Ruiz - LF
    - Esteban Sirias - LM

Present vs Mexico
    - Celso Borges - CM
    - Freddy Fernandez - CB
    - Harold Wallace - RB (played versus US because Roy Myrie (KAA Gent - Belgium) was injured)
    - Andy Herron - F
    - Alvaro Saborío - F
    - Keylor Navas - Keeper

So we can say that about 50% of our starting team is missing.

2. Titan 7

Titan 7 Member

Feb 17, 2003
    Tres Rios, CR

Trinidad & Tobago has facilities, Central America as a whole.

3. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense

A few CA countries. Nicaragua and Belize don't have anything resembling facilities, and Guatemala/El Salvador/Honduras have big crime problems.

4. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León

sorry about this.. im on my iphone.. but I din't want the starters in mexico.. i wanted the gold cup call up list.

how many starters from the US games our not on the Gold Cup list.

5. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006

The players that didn't come to the Gold Cup that will be in the HEX unless suspension or injuries occur are...

Bryan Ruiz
    Cristian Bolanos
    Carlos Hernandez
    Gilberto Martinez
    Roy Myrie
    Carlos Johnson
    Junior Diaz
    Michael Umana
    Andy Furtado
    William Sunsing

6. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

your kidding right??

T&T has a rotten stadium that is in terrible condition

In central america there is one stadium that is considered to be decent and up to standards which is the ricardo saprissa

san pedro sula has a terrible pitch and very old

cuscatlan...same and in worst conditions

anything else is way worse than them

..T&T please dude:cool:

7. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

cr sucks ass... mexico will beat em at saprissa

8. cacique

cacique New Member

Nov 21, 2001
    Austin

Very good game. I think Costa Rica could of taken it if we had finished a bit better, but it could have gone either way.

The defense didn't move up the field quickly enough and that left the mexican player onside for the goal. But I was pleasantly surprised by Dario Delgado.

The Costa Rican man of the match had to be Saborio, he was a nightmare for the Mexican defense and midfield. He won every divided ball. I had never liked him much, but if he continues to play like this I'm 100% convinced he should remain a starter.

I think players like Saborio and Ledezma are a big problem for the Mexico defense because of their size and power, maybe with Rafa Benitez back the issue will be solved, but Mexico will have to be very careful against the US and with Ching up front.

9. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

:confused:

10. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

lol

Take a deep breath, breath in, breath out....

fyp

You're the only Costa Rican on the planet that actually thinks this win was controversial....well you and your grandpa Cristian Bolaños.

11. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

i saw henrron start the last 2 qualifyers with you guys, he even scored a goal . :rolleyes: gotch ya

12. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

William Sunsing is still around! I remember this guy from 2001

13. Tiburoneuras

Tiburoneuras New Member

Jul 18, 2009
    Queretaro
    Club:
    TR de Veracruz
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Looking at it without passion, if possible at all, Costa Rica really got our number during the first 202-25 minutes. When my son asked me "Is Mexico playing well daddy?" I could only answer "Were they playing Brazil I would say they are playing great, but we are playing one of our supposed-to-be equals and we are getting dumped"
    Later on Gio made some good moves and we got back in the game. I hated the PK because I though Mexico did not deserve to be winning at that point. I wanted them to run over CR in order to make the first goal.
    So I loved the first OT when Mexico resembled the old times, oh were Ticos trying to get some breath.
    If Aguirre insists in people like Gringo Castro, Ismael Rodríguez and Topo Valenzuela, we do not stand a chance against the...spazzos you call them? (what the heck does that mean?)
    I however salute the Costa Rica team (except for #9 who reminded me of a couple of Panama guys) for what they showed on the field. I hope all CONCACAF had the level showed in this semifinal.

14. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006

Really?

You're mad at the Mexican press??

Join the club.

You're absolutely right.

I don't need to remind you of the winning streak, do I?

Obviously you haven't improved that much if you can't beat this "sorry" Mexico team, eh?

:rolleyes:

Whatever man, I don't know why you need vindication from the Mexican press when any rational guy will tell ya that Costa Rica has an awesome team. There's a reason why you're the Hex leaders.

Hell, I think Costa Rica is the best team in CONCACAF right now.

15. rjxsapri

rjxsapri New Member

May 15, 2005
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

For the first time in a long time, I'm angry not because my team played like crap, but because my team finally played (somewhat) well and were really unlucky.

Also, I'm pissed at myself for having wished for PKs. I kept telling myself that Mexico sucks at PKs and look what happened...

Anyways, congrats to Mexico. Either team could have won. It just pisses me off that CR didn't win in the best game we have played against Mexico in a long time.

And one last thing, it kinda pissed me off that Torrado didn't intervene to calm the fans down. I Fernandez would've done that if it had been Costa Rican fans throwing crap at the Mexicans; and Torrado's excuse was that they weren't in his country? What does that have to do with anything? I think Torrado showed poor sportsmanship here, but that's just me. Other than that, good game by Mexico.

16. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

The players have nothing to do with what the fans do.The stadium security should've taken care of that,obviously they didn't.

And don't think I'm defending the people throwing trash to the players,that really pisses me off and having to see that was disgusting.

17. Don Nino El Dios

Don Nino El Dios Proud to be White

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I just want to say, in closing, that I am proud that many of you, including the Mexicans, rate Costa Rica so highly and have said so many flattering things about us. I, for one, don't know how most rate Los Ticos in CONCACAF/around the world, but I don't think am alone when I say we'd like to think we are consistently in the top 3 of the confederation.

However, I always feel we generally fall a bit short of the likes of United States and Mexico. But, then around World Cup time, we have recently found form and have generally been able to hang with the big boys which always makes me proud, being that we are such a small, humble nation. That many of you think we are the best right now makes me proud. :)

On the other hand, I don't take anything I said back, and what I want to make clear is that when I was pissed at the Mexican fans and talking shit, I wasn't talking about you Mexican posters (not until I was a bit harshly attacked), who were really gracious in victory, but I was irate at the assholes at the game throwing shit at our players during crucial corners, and your captain, for example, who wouldn't even help use his influence to try to stop that. That was very dishonorable for both parties. You guys should understand that I don't like to see my compatriots treated so disrespectfully, and it only makes my blood boil more.

I would've been less pissed if you guys won 3 - 0 without all that dirty shit going on. That's what made me post what I posted, and if you guys had won without all that shit going on (I know you can't control your fans), as well as the late and/or unpunished stomps/kicks/grabs/dives/pushes, I'd be the first to congratulate you, although nobody likes to lose. Try seeing it my way first before you guys say immature and unnecessary things, especially the idiots making idle threats. And btw, if any of you ever said that to my face, you'd be getting helped up by your friends directly afterwards, let me assure you.

But, respect to the fans that have been giving credit where it is due on both sides of the game. I expect a U.S. victory Sunday, but who knows, let the best team win. ;)

18. lvsl

lvsl Member

May 16, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

[​IMG]

19. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

All of Mexico needs to thank Club America and Pumas. :)

20. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

WHat is the beef about? I think everyone here pretty much said that CR was playing the best football throughout the tournament. You guys have a decent squad, and it's showed because you've gotten to the WC a couple times now.

21. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl4QMvgCdUs"]YouTube - Costa Rica 1 - Mexico 1 Copa de Oro Teletica[/ame]

The stars of this game were really the keepers.

22. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

CR and Mexico played the best/entertaining game in this whole gold cup no doubt.

23. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

You were saying?

24. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

sorry but Mexico's final takes the cake for me

25. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

lol agreed.:p

The game with Costa Rica was still very entertaining.