Selected posts from Antonio Valencia's early days in Europe

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Emelectric15, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is the official Antonio Valencia thread.

2. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Antonio Valencia

I didn't know Valencia was a forward. He;s not that good and out of place in Europe

3. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Being Argentino has nothing to do with playing in Europe or being good. Hell, There are gringos, chinese, koreans playing in europe.. Valencia is not that good and just because the first goal he scored against Paraguay was the keepers fault. Worst goal ever and a couple of DEFLECTED shots that happened to go in and that little tap in Peru does not make him a european player.. Now if he would have scored a couple goals like Edison mendez than that would be a different story.

4. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

all three goal from errors....If he was from argentina. His futbol career would be over and he's best go to school and pick a different profession. Edison mendez is way better then him. If you think Valencia is superb than that just shows you what kind of futbol you are used to.

5. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

Oye loco,I know that there are a ballers in Europe from all over the globe.Yes I know that gol against the paraguas was a ************ one,but have you seen this kid actually play. This kid has it all offense, defense,speed remate,everything you name it.I'll put my ********ing dick on the line to tell that this kid is the next ecua star.Did you see him in the under 20 this year, huh.The Europeans scouts when to check out Brasilians,Argentinians,and Uruguayos. And they left with the Tony Valencia in mind.The only thing was that Villareal jumped on him first.I know that the Ecuadorian league is mediocre, but Tonys game should have not been wasted there.I respect that you say that he is not that good,OK. I only want to see him lined up together with Forlan,Senna,and Juan Roman,just once. Pelligrini is killing this wonderful talent by benching him.I knew that by him going to Villa,this was going to happen.I would have liked for him to go to a smaller team,look what happen to Riquelme when he went to Barca. I call it how I see it,Im not just defending him because he is Ecua and he is representing us in Villareal.Let me tell you that I think that the majority of Ecua ballers suck,they should not even be call profesional soccer players,but has a team thay click.This kid Valencia is special,these types of Ecua players don't come around very often.Just check him out In WC,then come back to me. bye the way, was with the angry monkey!

6. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005

The first time I saw Antonio Valencia play, i believe it was against Liga de Quito, I thought to myself where in the hell did this player appear from... He was so visible on the field with his speed, movement and skills...I told my father do they let brazilian players on el nacional...My father laughed and told me no this kid is one of ours...He said this with so much pride...It was funny because he kept repeating as if he were disbelief, this kid has to be Ecuadorean because he plays for el nacional...I then asked him why hasn't he been called up to the NT...A couple of weeks later...There he was wearing the tris' colors... There was no doubt that this kid was going to impress the mass... then we watch the elimination games and he scores for the NT...then the next thing you know he is drafted by Villareal...I believe there is more good things to come for this young man...He is extremely talented and needs for his agent to make the right moves for him...I wish him luck...

7. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

well put. Valencia is still young and has so much more to offer, and still has room to grow. he will be our future leader.

8. Ciclon_Ecuatoriano

Ciclon_Ecuatoriano New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Toronto

He just needs to play more, and i am happy to see that Villarreal still consider Valencia an important component to their future, but they want him to get euro-futbol experience. he will most certainly be loaned to a smaller club, and then Valencia will show what he can do. he is a complete player, and like others have said, he does it all.

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Luis Antonio Valencia, news & comments (r)

"Luis Antonio Valencia: No hubo noticias por el ecuatoriano del Villarreal de España pero está cerca de llegar a River."

Can you tell me a little about how he plays?

- Thanks.

10. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

he is one of Ecuador's best all around players. he is most comfortable one the side of the midfield, any side is fine. he tackles really well, marks, can hold the ball and is really fast and strong. Valencia has a thunderous shot from distance. he moves well into the box and makes precise passes. he can help any team he joins, and i hope he will play for this club! which player will he potentially replace if he joins River?

11. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

he joined a La Primera (second division) spanish team, but one that has a good chance to move up. it is just a loan move, but he is likely to be playing more regularly in this league, and that is very important detail to Ecuador's success in the WC as he is one of our top performers.

12. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Antonio Valencia interview

http://www.wiganlatics.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10429~901272,00.html

13. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

According to our local newspaper today, Valencia wants to tay, our manager whants him to stay, and there is an agreement in place with Villareal for him to sign for Wigan perminantly.

Thats all providing we dont get relegated.

14. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Roumours that LAV has signed with Wigan for the next four years.

15. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Finally -

16. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!

Yo veo a Tonito como el proximo,Spencer or Aguinaga.

17. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Valencia is going to have a break through year.

18. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

LAV has been super so far in pre-season. The manager has tried playing him in the middle of the midfield, rather than on the wing, for a few games and he seems so much more effective playing there.

There was a little interview in one of the newspapers here today and LAV sounds very positive about the season ahead. :cool:

19. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Steve Bruce wants to sign LAV permanently in January -

http://www.wigantoday.net/latics/Bruce-wants-to-tie-up.3598998.jp

20. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

He was easily Wigan's most exciting player. Everytime he gets the ball on the right he seems like he will take on defenders and make something happen.

The chance he missed was bad luck, he was running too fast and pushed the ball too far ahead of himself. If he gets some goals he will gain confidence and be hard to stop.

21. batch

batch New Member

May 27, 2005
    Wigan
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

http://www.wiganlatics.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10429~1218415,00.html

22. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Liverpool's coach Rafael Benitez wants to buy Antonio Valencia.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ando-Torres-and-targets-Antonio-Valencia.html

23. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    07/10/2008 19:15 United Still Chasing Valencia

Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan has revealed that English and European champions Manchester United continuing to chase star winger Antonio Valencia.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=901161

It's going to be a gruesome battle between the two rivals.. who will win this tug of war for Luis Antonio Valencia Mosquera ??? ManU or Liverpool ??

I am not a fan of niether.. but I would love to see him in any of the two .. but somehow Man U. has a better sound to it.. it's like saying .. hey I got into Harvard!... To say one of ours is in the most popular, wealthiest, most fan base, one of the most winningest teams in the world with world champion players as teammates is really something to be proud about when it comes to our futbol and what class of players the country can produce.

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

One thing is saying "I went to Harvard and I gratuated bottom of my class", the other thing is to say "I went to the University of Syracuse and I graduated top of the class".

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Valencia will "fail" at Man U or Liverpool, but the competition might not allow him to reach the great opportunity to reach and continue his growth as a player. He might not play in a top team, but he plays against them all the time. He meets his competition on the field and by playing 90 minutes he gets to play top futbol.

My interest is not in Man U or Liverpool to become better teams with Valencia (I'm a Chelsea fan :p) and my main concern is what Valencia brings back to Ecuador.

I would like to see Wigan do better in Europe for Valencia's sake.

For now, Wigan has suffered a bit from the scoreboard but they are a good team. With the Spurs, Everton and Pompey not doing as well as expected and ewith a whole season still ahead, I hope Wigan makes it into the top 8 teams and hopefully, next season, with Wigan, we can see Valencia do more and play more competitive football.

I don't think it says much of Ecuadorian players that players play in top teams, it says much more what Ecuador can do as a NT.

I don't know...my two cents!

25. nenito

nenito New Member

Jan 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Wigan's Valencia now interesting Real Madrid
    22.12.08 | Ian Ferris
    Spanish giants Real Madrid have emerged as shock contenders for Wigan winger Antonio Valencia, claims The Mirror.

New coach, Juande Ramos, has given the Bernabeu board a list of Premier League targets.

The 23 year old is a surprise name on that list and could provoke a bid of £14m in the transfer window.

http://tribalfootball.com/wigans-valencia-now-interesting-real-madrid-217757