Seleccion Sub 20 en los Juegos Panamericanos (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by RiverGaucho, Oct 11, 2011.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Sub 20 will try and right the ship after the unfortunate collapse against a far inferior portugal side in the panamerican games starting the 18th of October In Guadalajara. We open the group on the 19th against none other than Brasil.

Here is the list of players called up:

Rodrigo Rey, Germán Pezzella, Ezequiel Cirigliano y Leandro González Pirez (River Plate); Sergio Araujo, David Achucarro y Franco Fragapane (Boca Juniors); Lucas Villafanez y Lucas Kruspzky (Independiente); Esteban Andrada (Lanús); Hugo Martín Nervo (Arsenal F.C.); Adrián Martines (San Lorenzo); Carlos Luque (Colón de Santa Fe); Fernando Coniglio (Rosario Central); Michael Hoyos (Estudiantes de La Plata); Matías Laba (Argentinos Juniors); Leonardo Ferreyra (Gimnasia y Esgrima de Jujuy) y Alan Ruiz (Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata).

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  3. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    We're doing awful right now. Perazzo need to leave!

Update: Just as I say that, we score a goal. HAHAHA!

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Araujo with a red, lol.

I mean yeah he threw his hands but the Brazilian acted like a complete punk going down.

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When I saw the line up i know we were doomed. He did this in the U20 world cup when he would take off Ferrerya and put on Iturbe, and tonight he started Araujo and had no #9

the guy has no sense of how he wants the team to play or the identity. He just pulls 11 names from a hat and hopes for the best. THe player selections are bad, but the worst is how badly the team plays together, how there is no idea. Most of these kids have been playing and training together consistently since early 2010 and a year and a half later there is no improvement, no identity, no style of play... luckily we have individual talent or we wouldn't have done half as well as we have under this clown

We tied Brasil which is a good result on the surface, but Argentina was FAR better. With a proper coach we would have won the sub 20 world cup and would have thumped this brasil 3 or 4-0

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentina up 2-0 on Costa Rica Fragapagne scored right before half time and German Pezzella just scored the 2nd

7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    GOLAZO DE ARGETNINA!!!!! Kruspzky after a great pass from Coniglio

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So now Perrazo is trying to make a 4th substitution the announcer can't figure out if the rules are different in the panamerican games this its very strange...

Hoyos comes on for Fragapagne maybe the rules are different in this tournament which is incredibly stupid... or leave it to Perrazo to make 4 changes and have the points taken away after

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    OK so now the announcers say there were only 3 changes made but the idiot announcers on ESPN Deportes thought Martinez had entered, but he hadn't and had in fact start the game, and they thought he was a different player... so stupid ESPN announcers and their substitution graphics actually proved to be more incompetent than Perazzo, which is saying something

Argentina wins 3-0 easily in spite of their pathetic coach, now comes an even easier game against Cuba

Man of the match was Pezzella he bossed the game at the back and got on the score sheet.

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Cubanos held Brasil 0-0. Pretty much a victory for them.

11. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_Zih-WGbJM"]Argentina 3 Costa Rica 0 - Juegos Panamericanos 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Pezzella stand's out again. Lovely finish a striker would be proud of. Very technically correct. :)

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Albiceleste2010... since when i say i will be called biased, do you believe Pezzella and/or Pirez should be called up for the full national team?

i mean argentina plays bolivia next and these two pibes wouldn't do any worse than demichelis and burdisso, who have quite frankly taken argentina as far as they can.

that is my one gripe with sabella is that he has yet to call one player from the sub 20 for the national team even though the team is obviously super talented, but really held back by the incompetent perazzo. he didn't even call any up to the local nt that played brasil

13. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well I am a River fan too so what I say may also be said to be biased. ;)

But no. I would have no qualms about calling him into the side along with the likes of Andrada, Tagliafico for instance.

These kids have a certain grittiness about them that I am willing to get stuck in. They do all the basics correctly for their respective roles and they are also mobile.

Pezzella organizes well and sometimes you see a player and you know they have that extra ingredient which makes them stand out which simply is not the skill level alone but other factors like temperament and leadership qualities.

Perazzo is clueless yet the talk that Tocalli would be recalled to this extremely vital role seems to be just that. Nonetheless despite his abject direction the talent in the u20 and that with Lamela not even fit, is there.

Other teams seem to have no problem in identifying talent and promoting it into the senior ranks. Germany for instance with the likes of Gotze and Schurrle.

In other sports like rugby the same process of identifying the right player regardless of age ie Wales with George North after just a few club games.

The defence we currently have is experienced but is so slow and ponderous that it affects the rest of the side. It needs to be overhauled and Sabella needs to be bold.

As I said Pezzella has it all and I would love to see him replace someone like Dimichelis who is really another converted defensive midfielder who was failing in 2009 and whilst formerly a very good player is past it (and that should settle any bias as a former River player). ;)

And with Pirez as they have played so many times together that would also be a bonus though I might tend more towards someone like Silvestre at present or Federico Fernandez.

Ansaldi being two footed could come in as right back. All of a sudden the speed of the backline for one thing would increase significantly and the sitting midfield could push up higher and consequently the front three/two as well.

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know it's just Panamericanos, but we are playing Uruguay. Should be fun!

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes Uruguay played today and drew 1-1, which gave them enough to go through.

16. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np8LzNkUmKs"]Gol Matias Laba - Argentina 1 Cuba 0 Panamericanos 2011 Guadalajara - YouTube[/ame]

Another nicely worked goal.We qualify top of the group. This u20 team has a great spirit about it. Shame about the manager.....

17. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Golazo.

I don't remember the last time we wore our dark blue jersey twice in the group. We wore it against Costa Rica and Cuba. Next up is Uruguay.

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The team is looking good, what i missing is a 9... Its understandable that Ferrerya was held back by Banfield, they need him... but this lack of 9 is made even more confusing by Perazzo's substitutions, even when he had Ferreyra in the sub 20 he pulled him out around 55 minutes every game... now he takes off the attacking players and puts on midfielders even if we aren't winning, which makes no sense

So without a true 9 and without a good coach, I see Mexico as favorites playing at home, but Argentina has by far the best defense and midfield so we will see what happens.

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not playing well at all, but lead 1-0 with 45min gone.

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Great game so far from Pezzella (with the goal), Gonzalez Pirez, and Cirigliano... Andrada strong in goal... Fragapagne and Laba look decent... awful game from Araujo and Luque just damn awful

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sounds about right, and you have something really special with Pezzella, Gaucho.

Araujo, what a headless chicken he is. Not only did he have a chance to make it 2-0, but he just had a chance to make it 3-0.

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    its just frustrating this coach didn't take a single 9 to the tournament- luque and araujo are just terrible... neither can finish a play for their lives

and Araujo just missed AGAIN one on one with the goalie!!!! this guy is really a shit footballer

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In the last 4 minutes, we probably had 3 chances to get another goal, everybody was standing around, really strange. Uruguay nearly tied it in the dying seconds, but onto the final.

24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    good, albeit unimpressive win.

Pezzella will be player of the tournament if argentina can beat mexico, but it won't be easy...

A victory over the hosts, Mexico, in the Omnilife Stadium where many of Mexico's players play for Chivas would be HUGE for building confidence and regaining prestige after all the failures at all levels the last 5 years, though unfortunately it would also mean Perazzo would keep his job :eek:

25. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ9OQL967Bs"]Argentina 1 Uruguay 0 Semifinal Futbol Panamericanos 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

:)