Seleccion de PARAGUAY (r)

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by efernandez9, Jul 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Justo Villar played his farewell game with Newell's yesterday in the 2-2 draw with Gimnasia de Jujuy, after the qualifiers he's going straight to Spain to begin playing with Valladolid.

SaSa also scored both goals for Newell's in that game, he really deserves a call up to the NT he's been on fire.

2. NicoCasal

NicoCasal New Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Alguien me puede decir donde encontrar las alineaciones de las selecciones sudamericanas para los partidos de eliminatoria? En particular me interesa Paraguay.

3. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Celtic are willing to pay 2 million pounds for Paulo Da Silva.

Things seem to be looking good and we could be seeing Paulo in the Champion's League pretty soon :cool:

4. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    SaSa could be going to River Plate.

Getafe offered 2.5 million for Morel Rodriguez but Boca want no less then 4 million, and it seems like Monterrey is interested.

That would suck, I rather have Morel stay in Boca then go to such a mediocre club like Monterrey :mad:

5. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I told you Tata should have Roque and Cabanas together, they are an incredible duo up front.

I also think Haedo makes me a better midfielder then a striker, he's fast as hell and good at creating but can't score.

6. Zitor

Zitor New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Can't score? He scored against Uruguay!

7. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Cabanas and Santa Cruz are amazing together. Cabanas little flick on the first goal was class.

8. olimpia84

olimpia84 New Member

May 22, 2006
    Bosque de Para Uno
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    No solo somos el equipo que lidera las eliminatorias, sino que somos el equipo mas goleador y el menos goleado.
    Estamos pasando por un muy buen momento sin dudas.

Cabanas is top class, he's the man.

9. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks to some amazing work by Cabanas to feed him a perfect pass, usually hes not a goal scorer and will create fantastic chances but will miss most of them.

Also, seems like Roque won't play against Bolivia he already said that he can't play well at all in the altitude and the spot should be given to players that are more accustomed to it.

Cabanas is a sure starter vs Bolivia but who should partner him up? I would probably go with Haedo due to his amazing stamina and the fact that Bolivia's defense is very sloppy.

10. olimpia84

olimpia84 New Member

May 22, 2006
    Bosque de Para Uno
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I'd put Cabanas and Zeballos (plays in the altitude of Mexico as well) up front but leave Haedo Valdez as an attacking midfielder like he did against Brasil.

11. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Maaaann What a game , it was worth the trip for sure, Cabanias man of the match witouht a doubt, everyone played a pretty good game, even J.C Caceres, Santana played very good also he did a lot of the small things that wins games. Another thing to be pointed out here, it was the confindence that we were going to win, here in Asuncion I didn't here anyone say "I hope we can get a W" everyone was sooooo sure about wining , it is amazing I never seen us so confident about a win against Brazil.

Did you guys here the Chants "Gordinho" "Gordinho" when cabanias was subbed out jajaja I think that nickname is going to stick jajaajja

12. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
  13. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The first time I hear Cabañas speak.

[youtube]7VoHhUlhZWU[/youtube]

First Flamengo, then Santos, and now Brasil :eek:

14. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gladly the scores of Paraguay in friendlies clearly don't reflect what Paraguay can be in matches worth the points.

15. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Roque and Caniza are pretty much out for the Bolivia game, Dario is out due to the red card, and Justo Villar is doubtful due to a minor injury.

Luckily, we have enough depth to cover those players.

For Bolivia I would go with,

Justo Villar or Aldo Bobadilla (depending on Justo's condition)

Morel Rodriguez, Paulo Da Silva, Julio Caceres

Enrique Vera , Aureliano Torres

Cristian Riveros, Edgar Barreto, Victor Cáceres

Salvador Cabañas, Haedo Valdez

We contained France's attacks pretty well with this formation and their attack is 10x stronger then Bolivia's and we should play more defensive for this one as it is in high altitude and rely on the quick counters as I don't think Bolivia would be able to break our defense and their sloppy defense could have trouble with our quick counters.

Of course, lets hope our guys don't get too confident due to both team's results yesterday, remember Chile has places to train for high altitude and we don't and Bolivia is hungry for a win.

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    felicitaciones........

cada gol y tiro al palo salieron como puro jogo Bonito.

17. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ramón Diaz wants another paraguayan for América, the defender Carlos Baez, currently at Arsenal(on loan, his transfer belongs to Independiente).

18. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tata said this could be a probable lineup vs Bolivia

Villar o Bobadilla; Bonet, Cáceres, Da Silva y Morel Rodríguez; Vera, Barreto, Cáceres y Santana o Riveros; Haedo y Cabañas.

Bonet, Da Silva, Riveros, Cabañas, and especially Vera all play in high altitude.

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    que paso con Paraguay y cabanas hoy?

cual fue la alineacion perdedora en la paz?

raro.....mal parados o mal preparados para la altura?

Bolivia fue mas futbolisticamente o solo corazon de coleros?:eek:

20. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    None whatsoever really, Paraguay never does well in high altitude to begin with plus the team only arrived in La Paz a few hours before the game.

Roque was also complaining about how he's so terrible in the altitude but yet he was Paraguay's best player today.

21. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Damn it!!!! I was soooo mad when I heard that Paraguay was against the ban on Altitude , we never win there it always affect us big time, anyways we had nooo chance in this game we were lucky it was only 4-2, the team played as bad as I have seen them play in a long time, there really is no point on analyzing this game because everyone just sucked.

22. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Bolivia fue mas en todo sentido leeejos, los jugadores no se adaptaron a la altura todos caminaron durante el partido, no podian parar la pelota, los pases eran cortos o muy largos absolutamente inreconocible estubo paraguay hoy , y a los que digan que la altura no afecta jajaja miren el partido de Paraguay vs Brazil y luego Paraguay Vs Bolivia. Once again Altitudinho had a great game against Paraguay.

23. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And why in the hell did the team only arrive in La Paz a few hours before the game? They should have been there at least a day before to be able to practice in the altitude instead of waisting time in Santa Cruz.

24. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Because there is two ways to do this U either get there many days before the game(we couldn't) or hours before the game, to diminish the effects of altitude and as you can see, it didn't work out that well for us.

25. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And now their all complaining about it, they must be regretting that now :rolleyes: