Seleccion de BOLIVIA (r)

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by JRedknapp11, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am OK with Cabrera...cause he looks to be a unique physical specimen.

The guy is SHREDDED and takes care of his body like a temple. Guys like that can play DEEP into their 30s. Easily enough to make it through 2018.

I heard too Callejon will pursue playing for our NT too. MAN! With him on our side, probably switching with Arce, we'd be lethal.

MADPUPPY repped this.
  2. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, Martelli is 29 and Zenteno is 30 or 31... It's sad we don't have a younger decent promising CB

3. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I REALLY hope Callejon says "yes"!!

4. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Unfortunetly Callejón still has a few more months, until after Copa America...

5. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    All these names are wonderful and all, but I'm looking forward to Baldi giving the youth some playing time. Much needed playing time.

6. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    He has been

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  7. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Upcoming friendlies ?

8. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Big game tonight, I read somewhere that it's been 12 years since Bolivia beat Colombia. What better time than now to start a winning streak? It'll be a tough game because of the skill and speed Colombians have, however if we press'em at the right times and are accurate in the final third of the pitch we can put them on their heels, hope to get an early Bolivia goal to help our confidence.I would like to see Lizio out there and a combination of Arce and Ramallo, let's see what Baldi starts with. Vamos BOLIVIA!!!

dreyx2000 repped this.
  9. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Vamosss!! I'm going to watch the game w my Colombian girlfriend, so we better win!

10. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #2385 Dustyvinyl, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    Team played their hearts out and it seems like our defense is not at the quality we need.
    Colombia's 3rd goal came from a misplaced pass from and anxious to score Bolivia side. I think the idea is there, we just need to be a lot more calm so the ball does most of the work.

11. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    hey guys, i just bought all my tickets and paid for my accommodations for ca2016, And I saw todays game!!! SMDH!!!!!
    I wasn't expecting to beat Colombia but what Baldi did in the first half is crazy. its against his own logic, i am one of the many supporters that cheered baldi on when Quinteros was in charge, and then when Azkar. took over i still insisted with Baldi, I thought what they did to Villegas and M. Soria was political but i was excited to see Baldi take over the team. I'm done with him! Balidi is starting his usually soap opera about him being ready to leave the nt. if that was your attitude from the get go, why assume the responsibility, why take away 3 match days to decide that you don't need to be the nt coach. SELFISH!

I'm still excited about ca2016 even if Argentina kills us, because I like many of you in this forum like the torture that Bolivia brings.

On a quick side note: I really like that kid from Bolivar Saavedra the right back, he reminds me of the many great wing backs that Bolivia has produced ie Abdon Reyes, Gatty Rivero, Cristaldo, Ivan Castillio, many many that I can't recall at this late hour. However did you see the way Cuadrodo smoked him on that 50/50 ball in second half, Saavedra had about a 5 yard lead and out of nowhere Cuadroado comes from behind catches him and then shoulders him of the ball Nothing against Saavedra I don't think we have a player fast enough to stay with Cuadrado but it reminded me of what my friends and I call being "Bolivian fast". LOL! Of course, later on that "Bolivian fast" would kill us as, as it was on Saavedras side that the counter attack is ran and scored the 3 goal.

Finally, I would like to state that Vaca at this current time is playing better then Quinonez. That second goal would of never gone in with Vaca back there.

nanoGVSP repped this.
  12. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree on Saavedra. He's not fast at all. If he was, he'd be gone by now at a biger club. His biggest downfall as a player.

13. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    On Saavedra, I think he's a lot faster than that, he just got surprised due to his inexperience (he's still 18 years old). But I do know what you mean by "Bolivian fast" lol

Idk about Vaca, he messes up royally at times too. Unfortunately Quiñonez level is lower than usual in both the NT and Bolivar, I guess he's still getting back in shape after his long injury.

Yasmani Duk, is a freaking warrior tho. I want him starting in every game from now on.

14. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hellz yeah! From he's other cap, his time so far with the Cosmos, I knew this guy would and will do anything (score, pass, block, push, defend, slide, bleed, etc.) for his country. The Duk of New York is the National Team's Rock'n'Roll, Live or Die, leave on the field fighter.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  15. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I was able to only watch the second half, from what I hear Bolivia played like a totally different team in the first. That type of attitude IMO is on the coach, he's not motivating them to come out and earn the win. My thoughts on what I saw, as some of us have said Saavedra looked out matched, not sure if it was speed or if he was just flat out burnt out tired, maybe he needed to be subbed out for someone w more gas. I saw him a few minutes before the last goal commit a foul to stop a fats break, I thought that was smart because he was beat, he should have done the same or just stayed back on the goal. The guy who beat Saavedra had just come in I think. That's where Pekermam shows he's better than Baldi. I don't think Zenteno should be starting, let alone being the capitan, Duk should be starting, Chuma is the motha efen man. Not because he scored but because when the game was in the balance deep into the second half he was still going up and down pushing the team. The last 15 minutes we ran out of ideas the attack was not flowing. If Baldi doesn't choose the correct lineup we are gonna have a tough time in Argentina. I'd like to see Cabrera start at CB, Smedberg in the mid Duk up top.

16. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I work the night shift so no Bolivia vs Argentina for me. Why do I feel like Bolivia is going to show up today. Just when everyone gives up on them and they are doomed to get schooled it's when the Bolivian underdog spirit goes crazy and they shock the world. I DVR'd it so here is to an amazing gol from Smedlberg and 12 amazing shot stops from Quinonez. I don't think Chuma is playing so he can't score. Good luck boys.

17. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You can watch it using the bein app, that is if you are able to, considering what type of job activities you got going. :)

18. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just finished watching. Wasn't that bad, I really expected 4-0. Best player was Duk, I like his cheap shot at Messi, and his run at gol in the second half before he was cut down by Macherano. I also like the way that on his next play up he wacked Macherano back. Worst player goes to both Marvin Bejarano who looked like a random kid picked up off the streets and told to play left back. He gave away the foul for the first gol and he might of well being wearing an Argentina jersey he could not stop passing them the ball. I hope this is last game, but we don't really have many options on that side. Lampe couldn't keep the ball past half field without it going out of bounce and poor Chum messed up the opening game handshakes by not waiting for the national anthems to be done. It could of been worst. Now on to our friendly with USA, hopefully it turns out to be a real game and not just Internet rumermill.

19. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    nanoGVSP repped this.
  20. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  21. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    image.png
    Confirmed. Please don't lose to the US. We have never lost to them. That's the last thing I'm holding on to...

22. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I'm sorry but Bolivia shall lose!!! Lol this is a very special game to me and I'm sure most of you guys here, I'll be in attendance for sure. This might sound corny but it's one of those games I've been waiting all my life to see even though it's a friendly. I'm sure both teams will bring it right before the Copa America.

On another note anyone going to Orlando to watch Bolivia vs Panama? A friend and I will have a big Bolivian flag at section 125 front row. I read on Facebook that a lot of Bolivians from the northeast will make the trip down south, I'm wondering what section they're going to be in...

23. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  24. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'll be at both east cost games in Orlando I'll be in section 106 and in Boston I'll be in section 125. Anybody else know of any caravans or Bolivian team rally's, groups attending any of the games???

25. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I'll be at the Bolivia-Panamá game!