News: Seleção General Discussion 2023 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Ombak, Jan 20, 2023.

1. brasileiragem

brasileiragem Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    May 21, 2018
    Another masterclass from Ancelotti tonight… please keep this man away from our Seleção

2. manimal

manimal Red Card

Dec 23, 2018
    Caio henrique has ACL injury

3. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fortunately it's not a tear, but it will still require surgery.

I imagine we'll have to wait until tomorrow to hear who replaces him since Diniz has to focus on Fluminense and Libertadores today.

manimal repped this.
  4. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  5. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Raphinha is likely out for up to a month and will have to be replaced. In other injury news, Joelinton came back today but was subbed out after a few minutes as he reinjured himself (or aggravated the injury).

Not sure who would be next in line at right-wing. If Martinelli had played for Arsenal today I might bet on him (with Rodrygo being able to play both wings and Gabriel Jesus can cover that area too). Paulinho at Atlético-MG has been in his most consistent form in a while and might be under consideration. David Neres has had recent starts, maybe he's back on the radar? And of course there are a number of U23 options.

A real longshot would be to bring in another midfielder instead, like Douglas Luiz (again, Rodrygo can handle the right-wing and Gabriel Jesus can also cover).

With Fluminense playing today and then again on Wednesday, I would expect Diniz to make his pick tomorrow.

6. manimal

manimal Red Card

Dec 23, 2018
    Douglas luiz is a must IMO

7. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was looking over this weekend's matches and noticed the Porto contingent (Galeno, Pepê) also had solid performances. (Wendell did ok too, the left-back.)

Sávio, who plays for Girona now, is getting a lot of praise. Didn't play a great match this weekend, but that was against Real Madrid. I'm not betting on any of the U23s/U20s to be called in, but you never know.

Bremer was injured today in Juventus' match. He left in the 84th minute, and according to the coach it was just cramps, shouldn't affect his call-up or even his next match.

No replacement announced for Raphinha yet. Maybe they wanted to evaluate this weekend's performances or even get some injury updates, but I have to imagine the decision will be made soon, so it doesn't bump up against Fluminense's Wednesday match.

manimal repped this.
  8. manimal

manimal Red Card

Dec 23, 2018
    I would like to see Samuel lino... He's like a winger / wingback hybrid. And he really played well yesterday and the games before

9. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He got 30 minutes off the bench yesterday, which suggests he might start again in UCL this week.

Definitely someone to watch. Essentially he's repeating Lodi's trajectory right now but if Simeone likes him and he sticks, that could mean he's a better defensive option (although, in a back 5).

manimal repped this.
  10. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  11. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #336 Ombak, Oct 6, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2023
    Two more updates due to midweek injuries:

https://ge.globo.com/futebol/seleca...para-as-vagas-de-vanderson-e-renan-lodi.ghtml

(EDIT: updated the article). Vanderson and Renan Lodi are out.

They will be replaced by Carlos Augusto and Yan Couto

Players will join the national team on Monday... hopefully no one gets injured this weekend.

12. manimal

manimal Red Card

Dec 23, 2018
    Yan couto was great against real madrid...... Iam curious to see him in the NT

13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  14. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Bremer took a knock to the head today in the 2nd Half. Returned with a bandaged head and protective covering. With the score at 2-0 Juve should have just kept him off. Maybe the player insisted to go back on, but whatever.

15. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Old message, but from what I understand it was an experiment and he admitted he got it wrong. Think we need to give Carletto a break for this one.

1) Most Managers will blame Referees or anybody else for miatakes. Ancelotti owned it.

2) They lost all of Benzema's goals with nobody to fill in. He had to try something.

16. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    This was from last window. Wanted to post it then but slipped my mind:

Gleison Bremer thanks Juventus after a ‘difficult’ first season and reveals the strikers he had the most difficulty with.

The centre-back first came to Serie A for Torino in 2018 and earned a huge €41m plus €8m bonuses move across the city to Juve in the summer of 2022.

“I arrived at Torino at the age of 21 and needed time to adapt, especially to learn the way of defending, which is very different in Italy compared to Brazil,” he told Rede 98.

“It’s the positioning of your body, marking in the box and man-marking, but the toughest challenge was learning the tactical aspects of defending.

“Walter Mazzarri assured me that I would gradually start to understand and it would be worth the trouble. He was right, I got better every year and now I am at Juventus after one of the biggest sales in Torino’s history.”

It was not an easy transition to the Bianconeri, especially as he had to replace Matthijs de Ligt and was coming off the title of Serie A Defender of the Year.

“It was a difficult year, but one where I learned a great deal and was called up to the Brazil squad for the World Cup, so I can only be grateful to Juventus.”

After five years in Italy, Bremer was asked for the toughest strikers he has ever had to deal with and chose two representing Juve’s arch-rivals Inter.

“Edin Dzeko was so tough both playing for Roma and Inter, while Lautaro Martinez is a striker out of the ordinary too. Duvan Zapata, who now is at Torino, was very dangerous for Atalanta.

“Plus my first Champions League game was up against Neymar, Kylian Mbappé and Lionel Messi

Ombak repped this.
  17. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Also with the Juve angle, Danilo is the first foriegn Captain since the 1960's after Leo Bonucci's move to Union Berlin.

18. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  19. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    manimal repped this.
  20. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lucas Paqueta doing really well this season. Guess the failed move to Man City motivated him for next summer.

Is he going to be persona non grata for the foreseeable future because of the case? Anyone see him getting called up next month?

Ombak repped this.
  21. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #346 Ombak, Oct 10, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
    He is expected to be on the list next month. The reason he wasn't called this month is that the FA has until this week (today I think) to present additional evidence and keep their case against him open.

Per a recent globo article (linked on the previous page) it is likely the case will not proceed and instead will be archived as the evidence so far not been closely linked to Paquetá and there doesn't seem to be more.

EDIT: Here's the article I was thinking of when I typed that out initially:
    https://ge.globo.com/futebol/seleca...r-parecer-de-investigacao-sobre-paqueta.ghtml

MerlinRM repped this.
  22. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  23. Al Gabiru

Al Gabiru Member

Jan 28, 2020
    Vini Jr is struggling in the national team:

23 matches, 3 goals and 2 assists (5 g+a, 0.21 average)

At Real Madrid: 232 matches, 63 goals, 51 assist (114 g+a, 0.49 average)
    Last season: 55 matches, 23 goals, 19 assist (42 g+a, 0.76 average)

24. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  25. Ombak

Ombak Moderator