News: Seleção General Discussion 2023 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Ombak, Jan 20, 2023.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Richarlison was benched today. And Spurs have scored 5 goals.

Ombak repped this.
  2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I hope not. Bremer is going to be starting regularly all season in that Juventus defense.

I think it's too early to tell what our defense will look like even for Copa América.
    Yeah, his start to the season has bene underwhelming, on a team that has started really well.

I thought it might be better to drop him in June and let him focus on the club season. His coach is a very no-nonsense guy and has given him a chance, but he has not responded.

Let's see how Diniz lines up. If Richarlison gets the starts and doesn't score, we may not see him in October.

News for the U23 today: Danilo left the Nottingham Forest match injured at half-time. Let's see if it's just a precaution or if he will miss this week's U23 matches.

3. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    I saw the last 10 Minutes of Burnley vs Spurs and Richarlison coming on. How can he be on the Brasil team? He should have never left Leeds. Maybe they would have never been Relegated.

Agreed. Drop him and let him figure it out. Give a chance to a non-European based player.

4. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Caio Henrique with 2 assists today, continues to put in strong performances as an "ala", with Vanderson on the right, for Monaco.

A few other players in action today, including Ederson, Joelinton, Bruno Guimarães, Rodrygo. Lots of players in action tomorrow as well, before the national team gets together starting Monday.

5. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    I am certainly not calling for his return but Felipe Anderson was a 2-headed monster today for Lazio at Napoli. We'll see if that ghost Antony can do just half of what Felipe Anderson did as the #7.

Ombak repped this.
  6. brasileiragem

brasileiragem Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    May 21, 2018
    Richarlison used to play for Everton. I think you are mistaking him for Raphinha

AGomes repped this.
  7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Jesús came in late in the game today to score the 3rd goal against ManU..

8. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Jesus will definitely be called up in October. Bad timing for September because of his surgery, but he came on with less than 10 minutes last week and less than 15 minutes left today so clearly they are easing him back in slowly.

Excellent goal though, great composure to dribble the defender and tuck the ball away neatly.

9. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Galera,

Keep your ears open for the name Carlos Agusto. He was on the U20 team in 2019 so he knows the setup. He made the move from Monza to Inter and he has publically stated that playing for Brazil is a goal of his.

Watch this space.

Ombak and celito repped this.
  10. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Gol Danilo.

Forza Capitano!

11. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I've had my eye on Carlos Augusto for a while now. If he develops, it would be nice to have him as an option similar to Caio Henrique - assist man, usually plays as an ala for his club - with Arana/Ayrton Lucas/Lodi as the more typical up and down the field options.

News for the U23: Danilo and João Gomes have been cut due to injury. Moscardo and Alexsander have been called in as replacements.

12. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Players and coaching staff will meet in Belém tomorrow, with training schedule for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

https://ge.globo.com/pa/futebol/not...sta-segunda-feira-confira-a-programacao.ghtml

Brazil x Bolivia will be at 9:45PM Brazil time on Friday.

It will be the first qualifier of this cycle, and also the first match of the "year of Diniz".

For those of us in the US, I don't think there's any official US broadcast yet. Last cycle all matches were on beIN sports and fuboTV. So far this cycle I have seen that Bolivia will broadcast all of there home matches via youtube, but only rumors about PPV for other matches (again, specific to the US). If anyone knows otherwise, please share.

13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #289 celito, Sep 4, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2023
    Many journalists (and social media) started bringing up the hypocrisy of not calling under investigation Paqueta but calling up under investigation Antony saying it's a symbol of misogyny and CBF caved.

Although I think there is a case for both being called up (they are after all innocent until proven guilty), I can rationalize Antony being called up but Paqueta not. Paqueta's supposed action, while not worse than Antony's case by any means in a general context, puts in check his honesty on the field and therefore compromises him as a player and could theoretically affect the result in a match while Antony's problem is off the field and unrelated to football.

Oh well. Won't miss Antony. I don't rate him much at this point.

MerlinRM and Ombak repped this.
  15. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So let me get this straight .... we've built how many stadiums for the WC and we are playing at the .... Mangueirão ??? I guess they just remodeled it (God only knows why), but still can't help to find it a bit funny. Oh yeah, and it still looks butt ugly.

17. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    This Antony story gives me second hand embarrassment. Might be a blessing in disguise for another player to emerge.

18. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  19. manimal

manimal Red Card

Dec 23, 2018
    Iam pretty hyped.... Not gonna lie

20. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  21. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
  22. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If you want to watch training, with commentary, TNT covers it daily:

If you're watching later, you can go to 1hr 10min + to see some "saída de bola" training.

23. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #298 Ombak, Sep 6, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2023
    brasileiragem, celito and Century's Best repped this.
  24. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    This is good stuff. The results may not be what we want, but for many years, CBF struggled tremendously in securing friendly matches against the better UEFA teams.

As for U.S.-based friendlies, that's pragmatic. Brazil always draws a crowd when it plays in the U.S.; I've seen Brazil play live a few times and the stadium was always packed.

Ombak repped this.
  25. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The players at the press conference today are Casemiro and Veiga.

Usually the press conference before the match is attended by the coach and captain, which suggests Casemiro might not be captain.

Marquinhos or Neymar would be the likeliest candidates if Casemiro is not captain (nor Danilo, who attended yesterday's press conference along with Lucas Perri).