seek chicago sting 1981 player statistics!

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by pinchyqat, Nov 10, 2004.

1. pinchyqat

pinchyqat New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    anybody have an old media guide, etc that has 1981 stats? if you can scan and fax, my email is pinchyqat@yahoo.com.

thanks!

2. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    I've found various player info by googling a name. Granitza and Margetic seem to have a lot on line, as did Ingo Peter. Some of the others I can't remember.

BTW, do you remember the name of that guy from Britain (I think) kind of looked like Phil Collins, and wore green boots? I think he was a midfielder but can't remember.

3. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Davey Huson. I think he was from Jersey in the Channel Islands

4. pinchyqat

pinchyqat New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    it was 1981... everybody looked sort of like phil collins, if memory serves! :p

5. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    Thanks.

6. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    1891....The greatest game in NASL. Ever. The Pele, Beckenbauer, Chignala Cosmos go down at Wrigley Field. I think the Cosmos made a video about it. Somewhere out there is a fisheye lense picture taken from the Wrigley scoreboard of the full house. Beautiful.

-----

628 H W New York Cosmos 6-5 SO W 12-7 104 35,501 Ingo Peter 2, Charlie Fajkus, Dave Huson, Arno Steffenhagen

-----

8. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    1891? Was this the National Amateur Stickball League? :)

9. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Nerdy Asperger Sticklers League more like

10. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He was my club coach a couple years ago. He is currently the head coach at Deerfield H.S. (unless he moved within the last year).

11. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    ok, i wasn't the one who used 'asperger' in a sentence so i can't be that big of a nerd :)

12. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    IF they could figure out a way to genetically merge the DNA of Pato Margetic and Karl Heinz I think you could possibly form a nice basis to one the greatest players of all time in soccer.

13. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

I was cleaning out the basement and found a 1984 Sting Outdoor schedule. The highest price tickets were $10.

14. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    They'd have to surgically implant a snorkel. Granitza was the biggest diver of all time.