Section 233...

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by American40, Sep 25, 2003.

1. American40

American40 Member

Jan 9, 2003
    Good seats? Bad? On the bouncy side or not? Row 5, is that kind of low? I like to be in the at least half way up the bowl to see the game. Finally got my kid to agree to go to the game with me! Beat the scum!!!

2. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

You had to convince him to go? How ungrateful!

Will you adopt me?

3. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Section 233...

hey hey hey, Im younger. Adopt this cute, loveable, DC fanatic.
    How can you resist this boy and having his friends around?
    [​IMG]

4. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    Good Seats, Bouncy side. May be a little low, especially since they're right behind the Screaming Eagles. But that's really not a bad thing. :)

5. American40

American40 Member

Jan 9, 2003
    Not looking to adopt, sorry. Especially after seeing THAT picture.;)

Thanks for the info, Sanguine. Ended up getting section 305 tickets, a little higher up.

6. Darth_Norteno

Darth_Norteno New Member

Re: Re: Re: Section 233...

Why do you look like a gang member in that picture? Are you making it up for the Battle of the Anacostia this Sunday?

7. American40

American40 Member

Jan 9, 2003
    OK, directions help. Using:

http://www.dcsec.com/directions/dcsec_parking.pdf

I went to the Blackburn game, parked in lot 8. I wanted to get back on East Capital street goint towards 295 north. When I left that game, I followed the line of cars, and ended up going south on some highway that wasn't 295, can't remember which one it was, ended up going to 495 before I went back up north. (I know, I know, but I'm not familiar with DC AT ALL!). So, what't the best way to get to lot 8 before the game, coming from 295, and what's the best way to leave lot 8 to get back on 295? In that pdf, it shows an exit from lot 8 directly onto Independence Ave, near the water, is that an actual exit and is it open after the game?

Forgive my stupidity, but hey, I'm buying tickets to support D.C. United, so give me a break, and some help!;)

8. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    I wouldn't trust the map, it doesn't really do justice to how messed up it can be driving around the stadium. When I drive (not often) down 295 to the stadium this is how I do it:

Driving south on 295, take the East Cap. Street Exit.
    Cross the river, driving toward the stadium.
    Drive 3/4 around the stadium (past the Main Gate, counterclockwise on the map).

Enter lot 8 on your right (follow the signs to Lot 8 when you see them, even if they look like they're taking you in the wrong direction. You'll get there.)

When you're leaving, exit the parking Lot the same way you came in, that is, towards the top of the map, and you'll be able to head back across the river on the E. Cap. Street bridge.

If you exit the parking lot any other way, I find that you end up in places you don't want to be.... :D

Hope that helps.

9. American40

American40 Member

Jan 9, 2003
    I tried that last time, and the exit was closed. So...

That's where I ended up!

10. dcgoonies

dcgoonies New Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Maryland
    Hope this helps

OK........I'm taking my Dad to a game the other night. We are headed up Rt 4/Penn Ave in MD. I'm going to the Beltway so I can get over to Central Ave/214 - which becomes East Capitol
    He asks me where I'm going. And then, why???
    He tells me to get on the Suitland Pkwy. Then get off on exit to 295. Shortly after we get on 295 there is a LEFT exit that says "Road Closed except for Stadium Events."
    It looks closed and like it hasn't been paved since RFK was alive. But I took it .
    It leads directly into the back of Lot 8!!!!!
    Had no idea it existed. Cut a good 15 minutes off my trip.
    Not sure if it will help you or not.

As for coming out -
    If you head out of Lot 8 to the South - right into the fences by the SE tailgate area - there is an exit sign that says 295/95. This takes you up a ramp straight towards the stadium (West). This will dump you off on the circle around the stadium. Follow this around to your right which will be due east. The 295 exit is just after you straighten out to East.
    This road is also East Capitol which turns back into 214/Central Avenue in MD.
    Hope this helps and sorry I don't know many of the street names, but a good map would help also. And try looking at the signs and roads in the daylight.
    Good luck.

11. American40

American40 Member

Jan 9, 2003
    That's the exit, I beleive, that was closed after the Blackburn game. It's right by the Screaming Eagles tailgate area, right? They had a tent set up right by that exit. But, it was closed after the game. Is it normally open after games?

12. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Section 233...

Well, I am a gang member. this is fist city after all.
    And do you think a gang member would miss a fight? hell yes i will be there.

13. dcgoonies

dcgoonies New Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Maryland

There is always at least one exit open to get out onto Independence Ave.
    If not the one there at 8A/8B, then you must proceed North to the end of lot 8 and go up the ramp. This just dumps you out closer to the exits for 295. The North 295 exit will be the left lane of the exit ramp.
    I'm thinking you can handle it.
    Out

14. American40

American40 Member

Jan 9, 2003
    Thanks, DCgoonies, I was hoping that was it.

15. American40

American40 Member

Jan 9, 2003
    Easy in, easy out. Thanks for the tips.

Side note: My 12 year old learned real quick, and real well, the phrase "New York SUCKS". And used it. Quite often.:)