Second Annual Roadtrip to Highbury Announced

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by idiparker, Sep 25, 2003.

1. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
  2. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If that link has free shipping its a better one, some of the places that sell the vouchers require express shipping ($10-15) so I would have said check around but no need to anymore.

3. idiparker

idiparker Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Hong Kong
    60 days

I think you have to buy within 60 days of your trip. They have a nice option for a zone 1-2 (all you really need) and a Heathrow Express roundtrip (which is a great way to get to the airport).

4. naggi

naggi Member

Feb 15, 2002
    san francisco
    I did this last year too, and it was great. The only problem last year was that they *just* started selling the Heathrow+Zones1&2 card, but the card looks a lot like atube day pass. So on both Heathrow express legs the conductors took some convincing that this was a real pass. I imagine they're used to it now.

5. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    I had a conductor at New Cross tell me that I needed a picture ID, and I (politely) said "not with this visitor travelcard" and he realized I was right and sent me on my way.

6. idiparker

idiparker Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Hong Kong
    BA Triple Miles

For those who are going, and going on British Air, be sure to sign up for the "triple miles" promotion they have their website. Basically gives 15,000 miles toward your next flight or upgrade if you do a roundtrip from the USA before Dec. 15 (i.e. the day most of us are coming home).

I'm booking my tickets today by the way, the last day of the sale. I'll probably be in London a day or so earlier than most so if there is anyone else not coming in on a redeye we can meet up.

7. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: BA Triple Miles

You have a link for that triple miles promo...can't find it, want to check out the details.

8. EDPOOH

EDPOOH New Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I'm so jealous!
    Two months isn't too young for a first trip to Highbury, do you think? It would make a great story to tell the kid when it got a little older!
    Of course the thought of 8+ hours both ways on a plane with an infant, ... not all that appealing.
    Maybe next year!

Anyway, the Dover Hotel is a decent hotel 3 blocks from Victoria Station @ 50 GBP/night. (That's their advertised price, but you can probably get it cheaper through Expedia or somewhere.) It's a 2 star, so nothing fancy, but it's clean, the people are really nice, and it includes continental breakfast. Also, it's centrally located, which is great. The website is:
    http://www.dover-hotel.co.uk

Have fun!

9. idiparker

idiparker Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Hong Kong
  10. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as it absolutely PAINS me to say, I think I'm going to have to miss this trip. One of my best friends - and fellow Gooner to boot - and I were planning on going on this trip together. That is, until Steve lost his job. So, even though I swore after last year that I would make sure to be on the next ArseAm trip, I find that I would rather wait until Steve can afford to go. If that means going later this year, and trying to somehow convince Andy to contact Jill @ Arsenal to get tickets and set up a tour for us - wink, wink, nudge, nudge - or, even waiting until ArseAm trip Version 3, so be it. Besides, who wants to go on an Arsenal trip without getting to meet Dan Winkler? :p

11. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
    I'm in on the trip to Highbury. I just shot off an e-mail indicating this. Never been to Highbury before, so this should really be something!

12. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    Apparently we'll be sitting in the North Bank, which is a great stand to watch the game from. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!