Seattle U. claims 2004 Div. 2 Crown

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by sounderfan, Dec 6, 2004.

1. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    The NASL (North American Soccer League) is long gone...but the sons of the men who played the game are keeping the flame alive in Seattle...

[​IMG]

The Seattle University Redhawks go undefeated at 22-1-0 and win the NCAA Division 2 National Title!

Seattle University features the SONS of several former SEATTLE SOUNDERS NASL (North American Soccer League) players. Bobby McAlister (MVP) is the son of Jimmy, Alex Chursky is the son of Tony (famous Sounders' goalkeeper), Steve Jenkins is the son of Tommy (Sounders' midfielder), and Jeff Stock Jr. is...well, the son of Jeff Stock (Sounders defender).

[​IMG]
    SOUNDERS SONS: Bobby McAlister, Jeff Stock Jr., Ian Chursky (graduated),Steve Jenkins, Alex Chursky.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2002110287_susoccer06.html

School Press Release:

2. Ax2-Y

Ax2-Y New Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Congratulations,
    By far the best team we played this season. They deserve this

3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Combine this with the NAIA title the school won in 97 and its becoming a very good program.

A couple of questions:

Are any of the players, particularly the seniors, on this team MLS-caliber?

Does the university have any plans to move the athletic department up to comepte at the Division I level or are they content at staying D-II?

4. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Was at the game, so I'll add my two cents:

For Seattle, #10 (Santa) and #14 on defense, and #21 in midfield looked like they were capable of being developmental players that could do well in MLS, especially under the new reserve system. #7 (Mike Banner), #2, and #9 for SIUE looked pretty good as well, although Banner was the only player from SIUE who looked like he could really make the leap based on his play throughout the tournament.