season tickets start off with a BANG!

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by sportie1, Mar 22, 2009.

1. austinwetherby

austinwetherby New Member

Dec 22, 2007
    New York City
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vancouverwould be stupid to even set standards at this point, being three years away, why set limitations on things, im sick of teams setting limits. damnet for once just let them tickets fly. atleast wait to the offseason off 2011 to start standards. will they be selling more tickets, if not they are dumb, i want to see this franchise exceed everyone, put more tickets on sale,

2. poppenjay

poppenjay New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

the canucks could definitely sell more tickets if a) they had an arena that could hold more, b) hockey wasn't so hard to watch at a distance (think of the size of the puck) and c) they didn't charge an arm and a leg for tickets. if they cost the same as whitecaps tickets, i'd be there in a heartbeat (unless the 'caps were playing)

3. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

I'm old enough to remember a day when the Canucks could only half fill the pacific coliseum (I was enough of a fan when I was young that I'd record the scores and attendance figures of all the Canucks games in a book-still have the book). The Whitecaps were the talk of the town and got just as much press as the Canucks. It's amazing what highly funded marketing can do for a franchise.

4. phreakydancin

phreakydancin New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Per the FAQ (http://www.whitecapsfc.com/stadium/waterfront/faq/):
    The waterfront stadium is just a proposal at this point, so there would be nothing from stopping them from building it up to 30,000 right from the start, assuming they sell enough season tickets.

5. WhiteCapArmy

WhiteCapArmy Member

Mar 24, 2009
    vancouver
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    i got my deposit unfortunately school conflicts with caps season this year and didn't want a bandwagon jumper taking my spot.