Season ticket seat recommendations

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Chupacabra, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    I'm relocating to NJ and will be purchasing Metrostars season tickets. I'm thinking about getting midfield seats. What section(s) do you recommend?

2. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    That depends........

Do you like to sit quietly and watch the game? Do you sit most of the time, but jump up and down and yell a lot at crucial plays? Do you like to stand for the entire game? Do you want to be seen on TV?

3. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Thanks. In answer to your questions:

b) Sit most of the time, but jump up and down and yell a lot at crucial plays (and at bad refs, usually with a fair amount of expletives)

Thanks for any recs.

4. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if it helps, I'm in section 131, right on the midfield line. It's great cuz i can yell at the refs and opposing players and they can all hear me :p. I'm behind the cameras so I'm rarely on tv, but i think yelling at opposing players is more important. I also like the midfield since you can really see the entire field. I've tried sitting at the ends, and to me, everything over midfield looks offsides.

5. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It depends. Are you going to be wearing a Galaxy jersey?

6. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Maybe at only one game :rolleyes: and in that case I'll buy seats somewhere else. But every other match I'll be in Metros colors.

7. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough. You'll want to sit in section 101 when the Metros play the Galaxy (it's the section I recommend to all opposing team fans.)

Other times, 131 and those around it are in the "shady" side of the stadium. Section 111 is in the "sunny" side of the stadium.

Here's a map:

http://metrostars.mlsnet.com/MLS/met/stadium/

8. soccerwow

soccerwow Member

Jul 29, 2005
    NEPA

9. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    You should get your seats in 115 with MetroNation. We're a lot of fun and we have a great view of the field. I've gotten some good action photos of goals from my seat.

10. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    We're in 132, second row, and love the group around us. We're diehard fans in all kinds of weather (and seasons), sit most of the time because we have to, but we're on our feet and yell A LOT! We're right behind the Metro bench -- good perspective. I definitely recommend this side of the stadium if you want midfield. The other side (110, 111, etc.) you will have the sun in your eyes, and midsummer it's really hot over there.

The ESC and MetroNation sections are great for atmosphere, but you can sing along with them anywhere you sit. We do (most of the songs), and we continue to hope that more fans on the sidelines will also.

11. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

12. soccerwow

soccerwow Member

Jul 29, 2005
    NEPA
    Yeah, I think we'll miss MetroNation and the First Row Idiots but it's sounding like we made a good choice to switch to shady side. Just as long as no one minds us jumping up on good plays etc.

Concession lines, I never bother, who wants to miss any of the 90 minutes of action, especially after the 2 hour drive?

13. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, you don't mind my screaming at the refs? (also in 132.)

14. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    Absolutely not! I scream at them too!

15. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way. The girls are prettier, the beer is tastier, and the game is faster paced when you are not suffering heat stroke and sunburn.

16. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

17. lpowen13

lpowen13 Member

Jul 28, 2002
    NY
    its all about 101 thats where the real men sit or should i say stand

18. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    I was in 101 for the England/Colombia:Metro/Fire doubleheader and the atmosphere was great... Personally, though, I didn't much like the view of the field from there.

I had almost as much trouble telling whether the play was offsides as Okulaja does every game. :p

19. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Got my tickets in 132 today - thanks everyone for your recommendations. See you next year!

20. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's simple, really. If it was a Metrostars goal, he was onsides. If it was an opponent's goal, he was offsides. :D

21. FIFARay007

FIFARay007 Member

Feb 25, 2004
    CT
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And when will u be informing the refs of this? This is a complete 180 on the current rules! :)

22. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why, I inform them with every wrong call, of course. Very loud and very clear. Often followed by a "you blind &%$%^%!!"

23. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    "I'm blind. I'm deaf. I wanna be a ref." :p

24. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    Welcome! Looking forward to another REAL FAN in 132!

25. jlynn61280

jlynn61280 New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    PA
    We're in section 113. It's great because you pay the lowest price level but you are right in the center midfield and goal. It was perfect for watching Chris Leitch tug at strikers shirts as they raced past him.