Season Ticket Price Increase

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Dawdler, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Galaxy have sent out email notice to all Season Ticket Holders and thanks to Mbar for mentioning it in the game tread and it seems the price is going up to 11 - 13 percent and probably more depending on seat location, as well as parking going up.

I am not a Season Ticket Holder but lurking around the web and I see a divide between those that are canceling and those that will never cancel no matter how far this organization spirals downward

I can see both sides of the coin, not renewing is sending a message to the FO that you aren't going to tolerate the mediocrity and all you have is your money to show them how you feel.

on the other side I can see the stay loyal to your team through thick and thin no matter the circumstances and you will go down with the ship per se.

so I'm curious how everyone feels about the price increase and their thoughts in general on the gameday experience and if its gotten better or worse during the price increases and downward spiral of this organization

100fyers and TrickHog repped this.
  2. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    The people that are ending their season tickets renewals speak for themselves. Nevermind the people that have dropped Galaxy altogether and are moving on.

There is no reason why diehard fans cant make a statement as they renew. Let the FO know you are doing it under protest and that this might be the last time. Let them know this is unacceptable.

If fans joyfully just keep sipping the coolaide then how does that help?

JPAR repped this.
  3. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    The more obnoxious change, which happened a few years ago, is that renewals are automatic unless you opt out. It used to be an opt in system, which meant that renewals were less likely to occur unless people had strong positive feelings for the team and the value of the tickets. Now, renewals may just be a sign of apathy or inattentiveness. It’s a pretty clear lesson of cognitive psychology that renewals are more likely if they happen automatically. Fewer people are angry enough to opt out than apathetic enough to do nothing. That also makes it much easier to raise prices, which is what they’re doing now.

MPNumber9, TrickHog and Dawdler repped this.
  4. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Raising prices right now is shitty.

5. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everybody is doing the automatic pay/renewal these days. Even my dang kid’s preschool is doing it. They allow no other option. They wouldn’t even take a check payment for the whole term up front so that I could avoid signing up for it. Businesses want your bank or credit card info these days and for you to sign a contract that lets them automatically withdraw what they want. Makes it easier for them to get your money and makes it harder for you to stop it. It’s truly lame and I should have totally know the Galaxy front office would set something up like that.

I dropped my season seats after 2017 I was so disgusted. In hindsight it was one of the more prescient things I’ve done in recent years.

TrickHog, JPAR and Dawdler repped this.
  6. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The only reason I still have season tickets is because I go with friends I would not otherwise see. We have been doing it since Day 1 of the Home Depot Center. I can't say I feel much love for the FO after 17 years, they don't have a clue who we are or seem to care. Almost at the point where the pain outweighs the joy.

Geneva, mbar, Dawdler and 1 other person repped this.
  7. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, inflation is a real thing. In my business, costs are spiraling and we pass that cost on to customers.

so I can accept a larger increase then normal. Mine (tickets and parking) are up 15%. It would be a lot easier to stomach if our FO wasn’t do god damn objectionable and actually communicated with the fans in a meaningful way.

I know I will still renew. All things considered the tix are cheap by sports standards. I may reduce the number of tickets I have down to 2.

8. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly.

TrickHog repped this.
  9. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point staying loyal to the current FO running the club is like staying loyal to cheating spouse. I can't justify that I need to love myself more right now.

AZUL GALAXY, skydog, JPAR and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thaks for stating exactly how I feel.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the declarations of anger/emails to the front office I've seen on Twitter this week.

Klein Derangement Syndrome is a real thing!

11. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The temerity of this "organization" to raise prices for this sub-mediocre team is beyond asinine.

AZUL GALAXY, TrickHog and Dawdler repped this.
  12. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    Here in Houston, we just had our Meet the Team night where STH's got a chance to meet the players, take pics and what not. Pretty fun event, especially for the kids. Got me thinking, do other clubs do this too? Most clubs on this forum are dead, you guys are active so I figured I would ask what benefits do you get with your tickets?

We get a lot of exclusive events, especially for the kids. Special pricing for extracurricular games, discounts on extra tickets, merchandise and food, typical stuff like that.

We also have automatic renewal, so you guys aren't alone there. We also had an increase in prices. Anyway, if anyone answers I appreciate the info.

13. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are special meet the players events, etc. Discounts and first dibs at tickets to games not included in the season tickets, and merchandise discounts - no food discounts that I know of.

Ethos repped this.
  14. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    You guys get your name on the seats? We did, but they are switching to all mesh seats next season so I think that goes away.

15. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope. Definitely not that.

Ethos repped this.
  16. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a pretty nice event a few years ago, where they did an "Oktoberfest" event where fans could get food, drinks and meet players. Got to meet Zlatan, which was great ,as well as Landon (plus a few guys like Cobi were milling around). Not sure they've done anything as cool as that since, but that was an awesome event.

hav77, TrickHog and Ethos repped this.
  17. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    Appreciate the info gents. Interesting how other clubs do it.

18. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This year they are doing an event at the aquarium of the pacific. Not as cool as Octoberrest at the Alpine Village (RIP I think) but pretty cool.

MPNumber9 and TrickHog repped this.
  19. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah shoot. I JUST got an e-mail about this.

TrickHog repped this.
  20. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm. I got my email last week or maybe even a week before that. They must have screwed up somehow with you.

You have until noon tomorrow to RSVP if you want to go.

Dawdler repped this.
  21. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, they've been sending them. I'm just notoriously bad at checking those.

I'm not sure I'll make it. It's a bit late to get the little one out.

TrickHog repped this.
  22. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone check out this event?

TrickHog repped this.
  23. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was an old man and when I saw how long it was gonna take for me to drive down there, I bailed...

24. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My family would have loved it but unfortunately we had previous plans.

25. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Sound like awfully like a goat fan...:D:eek::cool:

TrickHog repped this.