Season review DVD

Discussion in 'Everton' started by TrooperBari, Jun 29, 2005.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    Anyone else spring for one of these beauties?

I was going to order it straight through the club, but they wanted £20 - and that was just for shipping!

I paid that much for the disc and shipping (ended up 20 Euros on the nose, actually) through amazon.co.uk. They said it would arrive in early July, but it was waiting for me in my mailbox at lunchtime today.

The Beeb's Ray Stubbs does the voice overs ... there's interviews aplenty with players, Davey and Our Boy Billy. The video quality is surprisingly bad at times, though given the content, it doesn't really interfere with the watching experience. :p

2. chifirefan

chifirefan Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Chicago
    I assumed it wouldn't work on an American dvd player? Or are you watching via your computer?

Diana

3. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I ordered it -- haven't gotten it yet. I dunno if it works on an American DVD player. I'll just watch mine on the PC.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    I have a DVD-ROM and a region-free DVD player, so I'm set either way.

The disc itself is Region 0, so as long as you have a DVD-ROM, you should be good.

5. chifirefan

chifirefan Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Chicago
    Yeah, I've got stuff from the UK that works on my pc, but have had some trouble "fixing" my dvd players! I don't really want to sit in front of my computer to watch a two hour review/movie, etc. Troop, what's the make/model of your dvd player?

On another note...The Globe is having an "Everton Night" on Wednesday, August 3! We'll be showing the Rapid Vienna match as well as the "Champions League, We're Havin' a Laugh" dvd!

On yet another note...Sara, how was the move? Problem-free, I hope?

6. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Alles goede. Thanks for asking. :D

7. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Congrats!!

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    I got it from these fine folks:
    http://www.jbox.com/DVDPLAYER/

It's the $88 model.

9. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Does anyone know when these are supposed to be release? I'm nervous that I paid $40+ only to have it end up back in Chicago without me.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Jakarta
    June 21 or 28 ... which I'm not sure.