Season 2023 of MLS/Other Teams News Thread (now streaming on BigSoccer+)

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by KHT_Crew, Jan 5, 2023.

1. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    I already put a deposit down for my season tickets. I want to see Messi play , but if someone offers me a ridiculous amount of money I’ll have to consider selling my tickets. I pick my seat oct 6th i believe section 138 whatever midfield is across from the players ( the cheaper midfield section )

2. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m not really in a financial position to attend any games, let alone buy season tickets. But I’m seriously considering taking part of next year’s tax return and buying a STM and selling my ticket to the Miami game.

Tobias C repped this.
  3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoever would have thought that the biggest name in the sport (possibly even ALL sports) would have lead to an increase in prices? Certainly not Miami fans who were expecting to pay 2019 prices for their 2024 roster. (Sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell.)

Narrator: "Of course, what they were REALLY expecting to do was buy two season tickets and make bank. The FO, however, was smarter than they thought."

4. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My better half has already burst my bubble on selling the ASG tickets. I think I may have mentioned already…

A month or two ago..

“Hey hon, did you sell our ASG tickets?”

Me: “For next year’s ASG? We will not get that loaded into our accounts until next February if that. Maybe next summer.”

“Okay good. Because please do not sell it. That is worth way more to our kids (Markus especially) than what we can get for the tickets.”

… He knows me too well. I would absolutely sell those tickets to make back a decent chunk of what we paid for the entire season tickets.

the_rickler and Bill Archer repped this.
  5. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I hate to burst your bubble once again, but there is a snowball's chance in hell that the ASG is included in the season ticket next season. We'll get first crack at tickets, but they are gonna get their $weet $$$$$$$$$$.

hardhead and Kryptonite repped this.
  6. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No bubble burst. Think it will be opt in? Nordecke pricing thoughts?

7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess: It'll be a league event. They'll be the ones to set the prices. Sure, it'll be less expensive than a sideline seat, but it'll be more comparable to a USMNT match than a regular Crew game.

Nordecke pricing? Yes.
    Expensive as hell? Also yes.

8. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'd guess the Nordecke will easily be north of $100/ticket. I wouldn't be surprised with $200+. @LaMacchia may have some insider pricing info.

9. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those are still $2500 per ticket. I'm in 237 above a d pay $1200 (lucked into front row when the place opened and hope to hold on to them forever).

TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  10. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    Already asked my ticket rep and the short answer is they don't know yet. However they do know it will NOT be included in the season ticket package. He said MLS runs the ticket process but he expects STMs to get first pick after Garber and his cronies dish out what they want to their partners.

11. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding Nordecke pricing for the 2024 All Star Game:

Please remember that this is an MLS event and the Nordecke has no leverage with the league - and the league has a history of being difficult to work with when it comes to Supporters Groups/Sections at ASGs.

tl;dr - who knows.

Also - I may not even be on the board by that point (elections are coming) so... another wrinkle!

12. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love how many people were so gung-ho to see the GOAT play - and now it's "I wanna see how much money the GOAT can make me"

Principles are hard, eh,

13. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    What principles are at play? For me, it's a simple cost-benefit analysis.

jairadballerina, LaMacchia and TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  14. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just recall how Beckham used to skip Columbus, though....

15. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Psst Bigsoccer peeps… Vote early and vote often!

TKyle repped this.
  16. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same, literally.

I haven't even been to a game this year. I don't live in the Columbus area....and I'm usually always too tight on money, or if I'm not....I'm busy with family.

If I can take the plunge, get STMs, and then recoup a good amount of the cost by selling my Messi tickets....I might be able to justify coming down more often, without feeling bad if i still miss several games still. Well see...

17. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When Messi was announced, I was roundly shouted down because him coming here was the greatest thing in the world, that they were all so excited to see the GOAT come to MLS and play, how it would grow the sport in incredible ways.

[​IMG]

Now all I see are people trying to cash in. No longer do people want to watch the GOAT do his thing in MLS, it's all about getting tickets to games he might play in so they can scalp them for ridiculous prices.

The principle is wanting him here so you could see him play - how quickly that dies when ticket prices rise.

18. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And who’s buying the tickets dummy? People who… want to see him.

The fact that you are trying to use this to justify saying Messi is a washed up hasbeen, that him coming here is bad, all your other terrible takes, is just sad.

19. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you see zero hypocrisy in someone saying they want to see him come to MLS so they can watch him play, then turn around and sell a season ticket to the game or cheap supporter ticket in the Nordecke where you would get to see him play, so you can profit from it?

Impressive cognitive dissonance.

20. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know I’m probably in the minority here, but getting excited about going to watch the team you supposedly support because of a player on the other team is simply bizarre to me. I mean, sure, it’s more exciting to watch your team play against talented opponents than some bottom-feeder. I get that. Or that games against historical rivals are big, no matter where each team is in the standings.

But what I seem to be reading in so many posts about Messi is that people are more excited than usual to go see the Crew play because of him. They want to see him play, and furthermore, they seem to want him to play well, to entertain them with his GOAT skills.

******** that, I say. Messi plays on an opposing team in our conference. When he signed with Miami he became the enemy. If he plays against the Crew, I want him to get his ass kicked. I don’t want him to register a single shot on goal. I want him to be frustrated. I want his performance to be very, very unentertaining; I want it to be pathetic.

LaMacchia, TRUJDUB21, KCbus and 2 others repped this.
  21. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, hardcore black and white principled stands on the internet are great.

A lot of people live in the real world though. If someone is willing to pay 3-5x for something you own, you’d be an absolute fool not to consider selling it.

You’re takes about Messi are still terrible btw, thanks for not fighting that point and calling him the GOAT.

TRUJDUB21, KCbus and TyphonInc repped this.
  22. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m fine with Messi nutmegging a few guys, hitting the post once or twice, and some phenomenal through balls to Josef or Campana that they totally mess up, while the Crew win 3-0. Fair?

POdinCowtown and TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  23. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh.. also in the minority here for different reasons.. I am excited because I “made money” on many of the tickets sold this year, and I would love to make as much or more money on some tickets sold next year. It might happen less because I noticed Ticketmaster is starting to label Nordecke tickets as “only Crew fans allowed.”

I am not as elder as some here, but I have been a STM on and off for nearly twenty years. It is nice actually making some money off the tickets we do not use. If nothing else, the small amount helps with the gas going to and back from Columbus.

24. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only call him the GOAT to further illustrate the absurdity of clamoring for someone to join the league and then promptly give up that opportunity because you can flip the tickets for a profit.

Messi IS washed up, else he'd be somewhere that isn't here making Saudi-level money thanks to the league and Apple in a place where he can still buy alcohol without getting beheaded.

25. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1275 Bill Archer, Sep 30, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
    FWIW please let me put in my two cents.

I'm a Crew fan. I buy tickets because I want to see the Crew. The Crew.

I have pretty much zero interest in any other team. Most of them I would not go to watch if they played across the street from me. All Miami is to me is a good team that the Crew needs to beat. Nothing more.

And if someone wants to buy my seats for ANY opponents for some ridiculous amount, well, I dont go to every game anyway. Some seasons I may only get to half of them.

So Miami is not that special to me. Yes, they have a wonderful player but, like I said, I go to games to see the Crew, not some bunch of schlubs in pink shirts, no mater who plays for them. And I have no need and no interest in running around bragging to my freinds that I saw Messi play.

Make me an offer. Everything is for sale.

Tobias C, Kryptonite, LaMacchia and 3 others repped this.