Season 10 Week 6 Pre/In/Post 6/1-6/4

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by McSkillz, Jun 1, 2022.

Tags:
  1. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 McSkillz, Jun 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    A little late posting this but there's a mid-week match today so I wanted to get this thread going.

Schedule:
    Chicago Red Stars @ Washington Spirit, Wednesday June 1, 10:30 ET on Paramount +

Orlando Pride @ Houston Dash, Friday June 3, 8:30 ET on Paramount +

Angel City FC @ Portland Thorns, Friday June 3, 10:30 ET on Paramount +

OL Reign @ Chicago Red Stars, Saturday June 4, 3:00 ET on Twitch

Washington Spirit @ Gotham FC, Saturday June 4, 7:00 ET on Twitch

North Carolina Courage @ Racing Louisville, Saturday June 4, 8:00 ET on Paramount +

San Diego Wave @ Kansas City Current, Saturday June 4, 8:30 ET on Paramount +

Standings:
    1. San Diego Wave
    2. Angel City FC
    3. OL Reign
    4. Houston Dash
    5. Racing Louisville
    6. Orlando Pride
    7. Chicago Red Stars
    8. Portland Thorns
    9. Washington Spirit
    10. Gotham FC
    11. Kansas City Current
    12. North Carolina Courage

CoachJon repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Portland Thorns vs Angel City sounds like an exciting match, at least on paper. :ninja:

3. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game Report for San Diego at KC - my first time here
    * Rain passed through mid-afternoon; it was cloudy, dry, and 70 F degrees at kickoff.
    * The grass field looked great and played well.
    * The Blue Crew with chants and drums brought massive energy the whole game.
    * They have a clap and chant for KC corner kicks that the whole stadium joins - excellent!
    * Attendance was a KC Current record of 7,954 - pretty much spread throughout the stadium - with a heterogeneous demographic mix of 20’s & 30’s adults, soccer moms/dads with kids, and older folks like myself. Lots of noise volume and energy for the players.
    * During the game, the only name-on-the-back jerseys or tee shirts I saw were Morgan, from a 46 lb cherub to a 270 lb dad. No LaBonta, Pickett, Hamilton, or Scott - too bad. I did see an O’Hara WNT shirt on a dad as I left the stadium.
    * As I have remarked in the past, the game & players are so much faster in person than on TV - I love it.
    * Lo’eau LaBonta reminds me of the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Tunes. A mental snapshot I have is of her challenging Taylor Kornieck for a Head Ball at midfield.
    * I felt Alex Morgan earned that 90th minute goal from her unceasing hard work the whole game.
    * For Morgan’s PK, Kaiden Sheridan waited in the midfield circle; when it went in, she sprinted to Casey Stoney to give her a big hug. I think there is a story behind that somewhere.
    * As is now tradition, a photographer followed Charlie onto the field for her post-game hug with Alex.
    * After the game, I saw only two players go to the railings to sign autographs: Elyse Bennet and Kristen Hamilton.

That is a lot. I will be posting on stadium experience and smoke another time.
    -CJ