Sealy named as "Standby" for T&T World Cup Squad

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Merlin172, Apr 12, 2006.

1. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well. I'm sure we'll all be happy to have him stay here with the club, that's for sure. In the same way we'd be happy if Conrad(and Zavagnin) doesn't go either. Just makes us better than we might possibly be if they were gone.

Nice writeup chad

2. hartley

hartley Member

My impression is that not only will Sealy be here, but Conrad and Zavagnin will also. I think Arena will pick other central defenders like Bocanegra and [believe it or not] Berhalter. Bocanegra is versatile and can play central or outside left defender.

I think EJ and Wolff will be in Germany with the Nats. So, that leaves us with the following lineup:

Bo
    Groenwald - Garcia - Conrad - Burciaga [sans red cards]
    Jewsbury - Zavagnin - Victorine
    Arnaud - Sealy - Pore [or Will John]

Subs: Hesmer, Thomas, Wahl, Zotinca, Raybould, Pore/John, Yura, Watson

3. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I was thinking as well. I hope they all make it for their sake but I won't be dissapointed if they stay with us all summer.

4. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Member

May 30, 2005
    Harrison, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard to believe that Sealy isn't named on the squad but Cornell Glen and some dude from "St Johnstone" is.

Also cant believe Warner from Fulham isn't one of the three keepers ...

better for you guys though.

5. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Pore will definitly start over Will John. John might see a few minutes as a sub but I doubt he'll see much time even with the WCers off doing their thing.

That's still a pretty damn nice line-up. We all know that Arnaud and Sealy can score too. We're gonna loose some fireworks for the WC, but I don't think the effect of the display will be hindered.

7. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll defer to Merlin on this one since he gets to see them more often, but early on I remember hearing that John looked better. Although Pore has seen field time and John hasn't yet. I think they'll both see time during the World Cup.

8. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Will looked really good in practice early on, but Pore has been very impressive recently I'm told. He apparently stood out last night in the MSU match along with Watson.

Pore is definitely the 5th forward right now behind Wolff, EJ, Arnaud, and Sealy. I'd expect to see a lot of him as the season goes on, especially in WC time.

9. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
  11. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hm. I guess your article listed the standy's where this one didn't so I thought there may have been a difference. gah.

12. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    It's kind of confusing. Beenhakker named a 31-man provisional roster (which includes the standbys), with a 24-man roster that he is using for the Peru match. The 24-man roster is what he's planning on taking to Germany, minus one player.