Scurry has chicken legs! ....& a chicken heart

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by defensewins, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Kim-GoBeat!

Kim-GoBeat! New Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Thugsville, USA
    You wrote this as I was editing. I hadn't read the "page of soccer stuff" before I posted. I had only read DW's stuff to Goofy, me and phats. I did go back and tone it down ... do I get a gold star for that? ...and for getting back on-topic?? :D

2. thegoofy1

thegoofy1 New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Jeez Kim, I'd ask for brownies at least :D

I think Pat Farmer and that goal keeping coach is what did 'nutmeg' in. Thats just one messed up organization. :)

3. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea but she wasn't all that good in Philly just not as bad. and that keeper coach is the same one that was at carolina last year. look what happen there.

4. thegoofy1

thegoofy1 New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Denver, CO
    true, true. Is it old age? Dumb pills? Too many nights out partying killing all of her brain cells? Lack of hot sweaty New York :eek:? Too many possible reasons ;)

5. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    You talking about Scurry or Webber? ;)

Scurry ate too many BigMacs. And she's got a big mouth.

Webber is a much sadder story. I don't know when she was ever all that good. When Philly traded her, a Philly fan posted the classic "Happy Turnpike to You!" thread in this forum. (sadly, that very funny post was lost in the crash) I can summarize the post in two words, "GOOD RIDDANCE!"

Another thing about the player Anson Dorrance called 'the much maligned Saskia Webber" is that she's a founding player, meaning that Philadelphia was delighted to get rid of her because of the salary cap (plus the fact that she's not too good). Philly got an undisclosed amount for Webber (one dollar would have been plenty - fact is, Philly probably would have paid, or given up a draft choice, to get rid of her)

New York may feel obligated to play her, even though Farmer admitted that Williams was probably the better GK.

Welcome to the Saskia Webber fan club. :D

6. piper

piper New Member

LOL

Well lets compare:

Scurry had a permanent table at McD's for a while. Yes. But then she saw the error in her ways and decided to try again. To get better. I'm proud of her and ya'll can dis me for that if you want.

Saskia... Um, you can't get better if you ain't good in the first place mkay? :D

You know, sometimes the truth sounds so bad when you say it outloud. Sorta makes me feel bad. She's like the redheaded stepchild.

T-Shirts anyone? They're free... anyone...

anyone? :D

7. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Webber has had a spot at the bar. drinking enough beer for the whole team

8. piper

piper New Member

An alcomaholic goalkeeper. No wonder why she can't save anything! :D:p

9. thegoofy1

thegoofy1 New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Can you blame her? She plays for the worst team in the league, she earned the name 'nutmeg', and numerous other problems. You got to drown your sorrows somehow ;)

10. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Webber has actually played pretty well last few games. To bad the NY defense is hollier than the Pope. With the exception of Pearce (when her knee aint acting up)

11. piper

piper New Member

I'ma alcomaholic and I ain't got no problems. :D

12. 100fyrz

100fyrz New Member

Dec 3, 1999
    West Hollywood, CA
    BUMP!

Some clutch stoppage time 'keeping by Scurry today.

I guess we'd've just won the gold medal if she'd been playing against Norway. Against China and Pu Wei in particular, well, Scurry didn't say anything about that ;) :p .

13. Binchy

Binchy Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Choctaw territory
    Where has she been maligned other than these boards?

14. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    Re: BUMP!

but clutch leader time wasn't there eh? who was there to get pu wei?

15. piper

piper New Member

Re: Re: BUMP!

I know, something stinks. Who farted?

16. 100fyrz

100fyrz New Member

Dec 3, 1999
    West Hollywood, CA
    My guess would have to be, Scurry and the Bleat defense :p .

17. 100fyrz

100fyrz New Member

Dec 3, 1999
    West Hollywood, CA
    "Where has she been maligned other than these boards?"

Y'know, I think it'd be easier to say where "Meg" Webber hasn't been maligned: In the western half of Antarctica is a mountain range, large segments of which have still never been trod upon by any human being. That's probably it ;) .

18. piper

piper New Member

Who's in last place? Thank you. See, we don't suck that bad.

Well, suck in the true definition of the word. However, we do still suck in the Rivalry Forum definition.

And I don't care. So there. You have no hair. Use Nair. Cover that glare. Because you have no hair. Don't stare. It ain't fair. I'm on a rhymin' tear.

*does gangsta pose*

:p:D

See what happens when I'm sleep deprived. Good night.

19. 100fyrz

100fyrz New Member

Dec 3, 1999
    West Hollywood, CA
    Hey, we are not in last place. In fact, we only need one point (or, a safer bet, for the Outage to fail to get one point) to clinch not being in last place.

So there yourself :p !

20. piper

piper New Member

*puts hands on hips*

Well then. I wish the Beat were in your teams position... NOT!

:D:p

21. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Scurry? An incredible body? :confused:

I mean, I'm glad she's a great keeper, being Black and all, and she seems nice when you say hi to her, but I'd stop well short of calling her body "incredible".

22. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    Honestly, Scurry was no better than the 3rd or 4th best keeper in the WUSA this year. So her being the NT GK is a tough sell, if you ask me.