Scraping for DCU news

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by dale_wilster, Nov 21, 2004.

1. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If anyone is interested:

Duncan to Open Maryland's First Pollo Campero Restaurant International Sensation Opens in Langley Park

Monday, November 22, 2004, 10 a.m.

1355 University Avenue, Langley Park, Maryland

Montgomery County Executive Douglas M. Duncan will join with community leaders to officially open the first Maryland location of Pollo Campero, a Latin American fried chicken franchise that has experienced tremendous growth in the Washington, D.C. region during the past year.

The November 22 grand opening will commence with a 10:00 a.m. ribbon cutting ceremony that will include speeches by several distinguished leaders of El Salvador and the Washington, D.C. community, including: Mr. Duncan; René León, Ambassador of El Salvador; and José Barahona, President of Pollo Campero Washington.

The grand opening will take place at Pollo Campero, 1355 East University Blvd. in Langley Park. The event will feature an array of public entertainment ranging from magicians to a DC United Player to Mega Radio. The restaurant doors will open to the public at 11:30 a.m.

http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/Apps/News/media/DisplayInfo.cfm?ItemID=379

from dcunited.com

Who: Christian Gomez
    What: Pollo Campero Grand Opening
    When: Tuesday, November 22, 2004; 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
    Where: Pollo Campero; 355 University Boulevard; Langley Park, MD

2. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is this place good?

3. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Don't know if it's good, but it's about four blocks from where I live. And I could've sworn that would be Prince George's, not Mongomery, County.

4. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    my god, that place is god. greasy, but good. many central americans swear by that place. when it first opened in falls church, people lined up at 3 a.m.

there is one in the san salvador airport, and people buy a box to bring back to their family in the states. the entire airplane smelled like fried chicken.

5. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    how can it not be. it has the Christian Gomez seal of approval

6. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's going to be a LOOOONNNGGGG off season. :( :( :(

7. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Mapquest, University Avenue in that area (right around New Hampshire Ave) is the line between PG and Montgomery Cos. So I guess it depends on what side of the street the restaurant is on.

8. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Something wierd happened with that last e-mail to Tim from Christian that I posted... Now I'm getting messages from him.

Anyway, he wanted me to post this about the restaurant:

The chicken is humid and saboroso, with only one it castrates light of empanar. The flavor comes from I marinate that it is injected in each piece of the chicken before is congealed and it is sent to the licenses, where is fried for above, later it is boxed precise and is packed for the following impatient client. And this one is in fact fried chicken, not the Peruvian chicken roasted rotisserie that you can be familiar with. An assortment of sides, cakes and the rice to tortillas and habas to the empanada one of apple and flan, reflects a fried experience of the chicken with a Latin American twist. There is also wings of chicken with two options of the sauce, nuggets and a selection of the salad, but the fried chicken is the main attraction. Don't is intimidated if you can't speak Spanish. Most of the employees they speak quite English to obtain to him with the process that orders, and the menus are in both languages.

Thanks Christian!

9. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    They've been one of DCU's local sponsors. Must be why Gomez is heading over, thier food's not bad, its a 'tad' greasy, but a lot more flavorful than KFC, way healthier than Popeyes(now that's an understatement). Of course, nothing IMHO, comes close to that Peruvian Chicken place in Arlington, but Campero's not bad at all.

April can't come soon enough :(

10. DP_elyanqui

DP_elyanqui New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    vagabond
    Ahhh the days when I could swing by Wheaton and grab some el pollo rico. I have not tried the Salvadoreño version of pollo frito, but am looking forward to it when I visit the area again. But man I do love that pollo peruano a la brasa. Sorry for that, its one of many things I miss while here in Tokyo...

¡Vamos DC United ************!

11. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Nothing compares to Pollo Campero..... NOTHING... :D

I'm not saying that just because I'm Salvadorean either... :D

OH BTW... Pollo Campero orginiated in Guatemala, not in El Salvador... I know.. I was shocked myself when I found out.

Come on April!!!!