Scouting EACH opponent: Argentina

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Joep, Dec 10, 2005.

1. nowayjose

nowayjose New Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Who is spreading this rumor?

2. MessiGoal

MessiGoal New Member

Jan 11, 2006
    In Doha, where he's upping the Albiceleste image with a series of appearances and clips, Maradona made a very public appeal to the AFA (Argentinean Football Association), pleading that Barça wizard Lionel Messi be allowed to wear the mythical number 10 that's still so closely linked to ‘Dios' Maradona justified his choice of Messi over Riquelme, the other firm candidate to don the jersey, arguing that Villarreal's Roman is better suited to the number 8. “El Pibe” believes that Messi has every single characteristic needed to shine in the number 10 shirt.

Argentina has unofficially ‘retired' the number 10 in homage to Diego Armando, although any formal withdrawal is banned under the ruling FIFA legislation. To dribble this prohibition, Argentina generally inscribes one less player in competitions, breaking the 1-11 sequence.

With an explicit plea from such an emblematic player, Argentina could see the reappearance of ‘El Diez' – reincarnated in the déjà vu movements of Lionel Messi. Maradona also took advantage of the public stage to restate his desire to form a part of José Pekerman's coaching team in Germany; although without any contractual obligations and with a say in the proceedings rather than a mere figurehead position.

3. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Believe all and take nothing seriously is my advice, I really could care less about a number anyways and if Diego feels he needs to be a glorified cheerleader so be it, but leave the coaching to the experts and the opinions for the tabliods.

4. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Wahahahahahahaha!

Not a Man United fan I take it?