Scottish Clubs (Celtic) in that Europe(R)

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Parkhead_Faithful, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Maybe so but watching the match it looked like everytime hearts were positive and went forward they got in on bordeux and put real pressure on them, with the pace of kirk and wales and power and ability to hold up the ball of devries they could easily have got another goal, I dont thrink being overly defensive was the wrong thing to do, but they did invite more pressure on themselves than they needed to by sitting back so deep.

2. manic jambo

manic jambo New Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Edinburgh
    Easy to say in hindsight but Levein's first concern would be conceding as few goals as possible to give us a chance back at Tynie. Heres hoping he has something else to surprise the French in the second leg like an on-form Valois? or is that asking for too much!

3. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Another two own goals wouldnt go amiss either.

4. manic jambo

manic jambo New Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Edinburgh
    Absolutely....
    So very funny!

5. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Celtic Nil Bayern Munich Nil

Dissapointing, we should have taken something from this match and if MON hadnt been satisfied with dominating bayern in the air and in possesion without actually doing much with it in the end we could have, missed chance and now we have to take something from an away game with Lyon to go through,not confident.

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Rangers vs. Panathinaikos [R]

Well, CL is back. I'm predicting a Rangers win. I have only seen highlights of both clubs this season, but Rangers seem to be a little bit better and should get a 2-0 result.

7. markdickson

markdickson New Member

May 7, 2001
    Dumfries, Scotland
    At least Celtic in the UEFA Cup will keep the thread alive!

8. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Does that mean...

...that all of the SPL fans will be backing Celtic or not care if they are not a CFC supporter?

Keep the thread alive...Celtic...Keep the thread alive....LOL

9. markdickson

markdickson New Member

May 7, 2001
    Dumfries, Scotland
    Personally I'll support Celtic (or any other Scottish team) in Europe but I wont lose any sleep if they get knocked out.

It would have been disappointing for Scottish football to stop the "Scottish clubs in Europe" thread before Xmas!

10. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Teplice is struggling right now, and I can't imagine Celtic having any problems with them at home.

Teplice is coming off a dull 0-0 home draw with Sigma Olomouc today.

11. tommy boy

tommy boy New Member

May 8, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    If there is anything that should be certain, THE BHOYS will have to take this team(TEPLICE) and any other team they play against seriously. We all remember CALEY.
    Keep the Faith
    Tommy Boy

12. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am sure Celtic will take Teplice seriously because the Czech side has beaten some quality teams in the UEFA Cup this year.

13. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Celtic 3 Teplice 0

2-0 would have been okay for Teplice, but they gave up a third goal in injury time. I doubt they can come back from three goals down against a team like Celtic.

Teplice had a great chance to score in the second half, but the player blew it.

14. Scott A Smith

Scott A Smith New Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Scotland
    rangers are better!!

right, rangers have by far a better team than celtic injury free. celtic fight as a team more but if alex mecleish wod get his arse in gear rangers wod match them in every department. nxt season this will be the team and wot a good 1,

klos, ricksen, boumsang, moore, kiveishvile, arteta, rae, burke, thompson n lovenkrands and thts without buying a striker
    plus, ball, averladze, nelinger, megregor and ross on the bench and several left out

so it the gers for the treble and a good run in europe nxt season

ps. aw in at parkhead in the scottish cup wod be suffient as well

15. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Re: rangers are better!!

No we have unspectacular players with the odd diamond worked in, rangers have shitey over the hill cant really be bothered players, witness capucho,berg,vanoli, the de boers nerlinger et al, these guys play more than the raes and the thompsons incase you hadnt noticed, its why we can get to european finals and you go out in the first round to czech teams.

16. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: Re: rangers are better!!

OUCH! That one is going to leave a mark....LOL.

17. tommy boy

tommy boy New Member

May 8, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Re: rangers are better!!

I have to agree with PARKHEAD FAITHFUL, and I have to say you made a good point to show us all the individuals you and your rangers have, but that is exactly what you have, INDIVIDUALS. CELTIC ARE A TEAM; PLAY AS A TEAM; PLAY FOR THE STRIP AND THE CREST THAT IS ON THERE HEART
    I do not think we need to discuss these lacking qualities that your beloved rangers do not possess.
    Lets be honest and the truth always hurt.

18. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Dire display last night, but into the last 16 we go, against one of those czech teams rankgers have so much trouble with too, ah well i suppose thats the cross you have to bear when being better than celtic, going out of europe before us and being so far adrift in the league youre being mistaken for motherwell ;)

19. Scottish_Morton

Jul 7, 2003
    Irvine, Scotland
    Celtic-Barca will be close

20. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah.

Saw Barca against their last opponent..Danish side...name escapes me, but Barca looked aggressive and smooth.

Should be a great match, Celtic better take Barca seriously.

21. 50 Euro

50 Euro Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Re: Yeah.

Don't think you have to worry about that :). Exciting matchup no doubt, Barca come to Paradise a week from today. MON said he'd prefer to travel to the Nou Camp first, but I think playing the 1st match at home is in Celtic's favor. We'll see...

22. Wide Boy

Wide Boy New Member

Aug 23, 2002
    London
    Well Done, Celtic

Not only a great result for your club, but as usual you are giving Scotland a reasonable UEFA coefficient with little help from anyone else.

The main danger in the Q/F could be complacency against Villareal, but MO'N will crush that.

So far both the Celts and the Toon are on course for the final. We do expect to beat Eindhoven and fancy our chances against Marseille or Inter.

If we were to meet, there would be around 90,000 season ticket holders looking for final tickets - I think the venue in Gothenburg holds around 35k.

23. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    UEFA Cup Quarter-Final 1st Leg: Celtic v Villareal

Our woes pile up. Kennedy out for up to a year with a completely fvcked knee which he suffered in his debut for Scotland.

No N.A broadcast (video or audio) for the first leg except for those willing/able to be off to a pub and plunk down $20 for the sods at Sentanta or willing to put up $5 for the excreable RealAudio feed from celticfc.com Pretty good chance 2nd leg will be on, although who knows FSW may show Newcastle instead.

24. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Re: Well Done, Celtic

90,000? Pah
    we took 80,000 to seville with us last year ;)

25. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Kennedy's injury came at a bugger of a time too after he put in an amazing display in the nou camp and was overall looking like something of a find, still lets blame that romanian twat in birmingham and move on.
    Should be good the night, im expecting a close win, although I wouldnt be opposed to notching up 2 or 3 goals without reply ;)
    I dont think we need a result to take to spain but they are a handy side and any advantage we can give ourselves at fortress parkhead will come in handy.
    Wonder what all my rangers supporting mates will be doin the night :D