Scolari Super Powers !

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by |--LdC--|, Jun 27, 2005.

1. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    In fairness to Scolari...I don't want to go anywhere near the Dragao either:D

2. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    How about some freaking respect?
    He's been fvcking with Porto ever since he got here like Porto was responsaible for some of the shit that happened before in the NT! I don't know if someone told him that Oliveira was connected with Porto, and maybe that led him to conclude that Porto ruled the NT.... I don't know what it was, but one thing is for sure:

He has ignored a player that was internationally recognised as one of the best in the world. A player that was DECISIVE in Porto's campaign.

He played around with Maniche like he was a little kid who needed a lesson (not one preparation game played with the NT since that game with Spain 1 year before the EURO. You think that's normal?)

He should get through that thick head of his that he OWES much of his work to the work done by PORTO!

He inherited a backbone for the NT, and still he didn't want to use it!!

If he had used the PREPARATION games conveniently (using Maniche, using Deco instead of Rui Costa, finding alternatives to Pauleta, etc) he wouldn't be forced to make EXPERIMENTS in decisive games!! He failed to prepare the EURO and payed for it in the first game! Not to mention that he was clueless in his approach to the final game.

And btw what success did he have? Losing a final at home is not success!
    Qualifying our NT (full of stars) for the WC is not success! Specially if you draw against Liechtenstein and cover the NT in ridicule in the process.

3. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Could not have said it better myself... Rep. coming when possible again! ;)

4. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    While understanding all your points...it is hard to argue with a guy who..has a WC Trophy...had the balls to keep Romario off the team when the entire country was telling him he couldn't win without him...

Not to mention regaining the confidence of the Brazilian players after they had taken a beating at the hands of France in WC98...

I believe he exercised his best options at the time...

Can you honestly say that before the EURO you would have started Carvalho over Couto...if you say yes...you are just kidding yourself...

The guy went with experience and if not for a Porto players mistake the game might have gone a different way...

So please don't blow this out of proportion...While those players were an integral part of the NT getting to the finals...it wasn't the only reason...

Keep in Mind Scolari was the one who pulled Figo when he needed to, and brilliantly substituted Rui Costa in the England game...

Give the man some credit...and don't just voice that he has anti Porto biases..

If Portugal used some of the starting lineups that I have seen on these boards we probably would be in last place in our qualifying group...

Bottom line..he is in a no win situation...as any NT Coach is ...fans will always find something to get on him about, and fans will always comment that he picked the wrong players...etc...but what works in Scolaris favors is that:
    A) He took the NT to the finals of a major tournament...(Never had been done)
    B) The team currently sits in first place and undefeated in WC Qualifying

He doesn't need to explain anything to anyone....IMO

5. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Again, he needs to explain in which seat of what row, in which section of the Estadio do Dragao he sat during those 10-12 games.. That's all this Thread is or was supposed to be about!

6. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I just wanted to get everyone away from the Scolari Bashing...

It is possible to be seated at the Dragao and not be noticed:rolleyes: Isn't it:D

7. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I guess you're right... he wouldn't stand out in a crowd :rolleyes: he's short, skinny, regular looking hair and his face is not one that shows up on TV and newspapers often. :D

8. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Scolari at the Dragao..

[​IMG]

9. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    LOL!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JuveleoRules again.

10. marco goncalves

marco goncalves New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

Why should he like Porto?Its obvious he dislikes PDC ,after all hes been criticised shortly after his arrival in Portugal by PDC ,and just least week PDC stated that SCOLARI makes too much money and doesnt work enough.So i guess after these comments Scolari should be buddy ,buddy with PDC?Give me a break....

11. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    Why?

He doesn't have to explain himself to anyone. His job is to coach the Seleccao. His performance is based on the results of the team.

12. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    nevermind.

13. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He needs to explain why HE LIES!!! Why Lie? That means you're hiding something...

14. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    I wouldn't call substiting Postiga instead of Gomes a brilliant move. It was his only move. Nuno Gomes was hurt at the time they played England.

15. marco goncalves

marco goncalves New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

Again ,you should stop being PDC lawyer ......Why he lies?UMMMMM,since honesty seems to be your #1 priority and your such a follower of the truth ,than why dont you ask your president why he lied about the watch that he gave Valentin Loureiro,why he laid when he paid a trip to Brasil to a certain referee,why he lied when its proven that he use to hire prostitutes to make the refs feel good(if you know what i mean).If there someone that lies in Portugal is PDC ,and now Svcolari says that hes been at the Dragao stadium and everyone is making a stink about it.

16. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    But, but, but, but...Vitor Baia should be on the National Team! ;)

17. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    Where's the proof that he's lying?

18. ronnie86

ronnie86 New Member

Apr 10, 2005
    yes cause no coach ever lies.............................and yet no one has proof he did lie.

this sounds like crap to me.

all he need to do is get results and he has done so. i have no problem with scolari.

19. Quaresma2020

Quaresma2020 Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Ottawa,Ontario
    Personally I don't have anything against scolari. He has done quite abit for our country, and combining a great set of players for our line up... I am a porto fan and I watch almost every single game they play, and I have never seen the camera pointed on him at the dragao or anyone that looks like him... but maybe he was there.. never know!!! but im almost certain they would notice him.... Maybe he was one of the linesman at the game and we didn't notice :D

20. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal

Oh great. A Benfiquista talking about lying. That's like a daltonic person trying to describe the colors of the rainbow!

Seriuosly... You guys get fed so much bullshit everyday that I thought you couldn't tell the difference anymore.

Anyway, thank you for stating your opinion on this subject. "PdC lies", bla bla blabla "PdC lies".

Now just go buy your stupid kit so Benfica can be European Champion or something. :rolleyes:

21. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Where's the proof that he isn't?

If he had really been at the Dragão 10 times, the natural thing would be for some camera to pick him up at least one or two times!

IMO the fact that no camera has EVER shown him there constitutes what they call "circumstancial evidence".

PS. JuveLeo's pic in the previous page of this thread is one of the funniest things I EVER saw in BigSoccer! :D GENIUS!

22. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal

Of course he doesn't have to explain! As long has he keeps fvcking with Porto he guarantees his public (and even media) support.

He can even draw against Liechtenstein (direct result of some "frangos" by you know who) and say it's all normal!

Would drawing against Liechtenstein be normal too if he was coaching Brasil?
    He'd be eaten alive if he ever dared to say that in Brasil. But over here it's ok? Sorry not for me. I want to see the mistakes from the past corrected, not repeated.

Does this guy really deserve all that credit? His biggest achievement was... what? Getting us all to wave the flag and sing the anthem? That's nice.
    But, again, I'd rather win. Did he win? No. Period.

Oh he got to the final of the EURO bla bla bla...bullshit!!.. He didn't do any better then, for example, Humberto Coelho, specially considering that Humberto Coelho played in Holland and Scolari played at home. And more... HC did it in style with the best football I ever saw the NT play. And we didn't need any brasilians then either...

23. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Now there are words that both Portistas and Benfiquistas can agree upon..."Buy" and "Champion"

Because we all know how "Championships" for those teams were optained;)

24. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We also know the word "SELL" ... players, at more than FMV (FAIR Market Value)!! :D

25. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It could be possibly he was sitting in the heat controlled VIP sections...

It's also not THAT easy to just spot a guy out of nearly 40,000 10 times. It's like a Where's Waldo puzzle. Have some common-sense.

Portistas should be more concerned with what their president is doing with their money as compared to whether the national manager decides to go to a Porto game or not, which he isn't forced to either.

Portistas ALWAYS have bitched about Scolari.

Before Euro it was "You're not taking enough of our players." After Euro, "You're taking too many of our players."

Now, "you're not coming to our games."

Honestly, this whole affair between Scolari and Porto is like that of a man with a very annoying girl.