SCO ANGERS shrine

Discussion in 'France' started by iougs, Nov 8, 2004.

1. iougs

iougs New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    MetroWest Boston
  2. iougs

iougs New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    MetroWest Boston
    Angers is of course in L2, and is currently 17th ... Positions 18,19 and 20 go down at the end of the season ... so it's no laughing matter ... It's time to show some love.

iougs-

3. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was about to ask you to start a thread for your club...

4. iougs

iougs New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    MetroWest Boston
    Thanks Randy ... We certainly need more threads.

[​IMG]

This is the team in early seventies, when they were in D1. There is something special about an all-white kit, you gotta admit. Kinda looks like they are playing in their underwear.

In those dark ages, football was played 9 against 9, not 11 against 11. Just kidding, for some reasons, 2 players got cut off from the pic.

There is Jean-Marc Guillou who played for France in WC 78 (went to OGC Nice after SCO) with the ball in hand. Very skilled and under-rated midfield player. A legend in Anjou.

Then, we have Marc Berdoll, that played for OM and he was also part of France for WC 78. Also a legend in the west. He's first row, far left.

Other key players were Eric Edwige, Albert Poli, etc, but not as well as known as the two mentioned above.

Of course, Raymond Kopa played for SCO before he joined Reims and then Real Madrid.

iougs-

5. iougs

iougs New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    MetroWest Boston
    Latest result:

Angers 1 - 1 Gueugnon
    on 11/08/2004

SCO standing:

Position
    Pts J G N P P. C. Dif

Guingamp
    18 15 5 3 7 17 20 -3

Angers
    17 15 4 5 6 15 17 -2

Lorient
    17 15 5 2 8 18 23 -5

iougs-

6. iougs

iougs New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    MetroWest Boston
    The team:

Gardiens
    Lachuer Julien
    Lucas Arnauld
    Défenseurs
    Akouassaga Ernest
    Cygan Thierry
    Dussart Christophe
    Ekani Martin
    Grimaldi Sébastien
    Kerhuiel Gilles
    Kipre Jean-Martial
    Legendre Julien
    Sonnerat Jérôme
    Milieux
    Assous Jonathan
    Bédrossian Pascal
    Boskovic Ivan
    Djellabi Karim
    Filipovic Marko
    Grigulo Christiano Francisco
    Huck William
    Norbert Guillaume
    Obbadi Mounir
    Traoré Habibou
    Attaquants
    Aït-Khama Abdelkarim
    Brisset Mickaël
    Dia Franck-Augustin
    Inkango Bruce
    Kasso Franck-Olivier
    Norbert Ludwig
    Rudison Ferreira
    Zahiri Jamel

I know that Lachuer is the bro of Auxerre's captain and that Cygan is the bro of Pascal of Arsenal.
    I don't know if Ivan Boskovic is related to Branko. I also don't know if William Huck is related to Jean-Noel Huck, former OGCN player.

Ludwig Norbert is the son of the president, Patrick Norbert, and I know there is been quite a bit of ruckus about him being in the team but nor performing too well and getting into brawls.

iougs-

7. iougs

iougs New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    MetroWest Boston
  8. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Iougs what is the latest from the club?

9. iougs

iougs New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    MetroWest Boston
    week 16:

Le Havre (18) 0-0 Angers (15)

week 17:

Angers (15) 0-0 Grenoble (10)

week 18:

Brest (5) 1-0 Angers (17)

Can't even buy a goal !
    As a reminder, 18,19,20 go down.

iougs-

10. iougs

iougs New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    MetroWest Boston
    Pic from Brest-Angers lost 1-0

[​IMG]

Angers with the new zealand colors.

iougs-

11. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool pictures. Congrats on your subby win ;)

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay checking out the club. They don't have a uniform sponsor? What's up with that?
    --
    Website is okay, but needs some juice.

---
    Also noticed that their coach is Noel Tosé. I think he has some connections to US soccer somehow.

Wasn't the club recently bought? Who owns them now?

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I believe Noel Tose was coaching Racing Paris before he came to Angers. He quit Racing near the beginning of this season. He used to coach some other Paris club.

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Sport.

What is the lineup for the team?

15. iougs

iougs New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    MetroWest Boston
    ok, about the sponsor, basically it depends if they play at home or away and whether it is shown on TV somewhere.

when they play at home, they will have the Super U (supermarket grocery thing) logo on the front ... Home kit is white shirt, black shorts, black socks with a big U on the chest.

You have to be aware that L2 sponsors could be regional, meaning, they would have 0 meaning to somebody leaving in another region. So, for a sponsor, it makes sense to have a contract for home games only and maybe away games if they are on tv.

When they play away games, the sponsors are likely to be different depending on whether there is TV coverage.

On the pic above, you have the SCANIA (swedish trucks) logo in back, which I have not seen before, so it's probably a new or temporary sponsor. That time they did not have a big sponsor on the chest but last away game I checked they wore a big MAINE logo (department is called Maine-et-Loire btw, number 49). The one before they had no sponsor up front, so it varies. I believe those are one game sponsor deals until they can find a national or foreign sponsor that is a recognisable brand willing to put down the money for a whole away season.

If there is TV, it's likely they'll get additional sponsoring on a per match basis (like a sponsor on the sleeve).

About ownership: Patrick Norbert has been president for quite some time and seems to be doing a good job. So no, there was no recent change of ownership. I think we discussed that before Eddie.

About Noel Tosi, he's been around. I think he coached some african country for a WC and a bunch of clubs.

The official site sucks donkey balls but what can you do ? No updates, no pics. You have to rely on the supporters sites for info if yiu can't get the local newspapers.

iougs-

16. iougs

iougs New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    MetroWest Boston
    I believe they call it beginner's luck.

iougs-

17. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Iougs,

Great information, thanks.

I know there was talk of an American group buying the team about two years ago. I wonder what happened.

The site says they have a budget of €6 million, that's pretty good for the 2nd division I would think.

18. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good info, iougs, rep for you.

I'm thinking of painting SCO Angers on Subbuteo. I think it would look pretty sweet.

What Subbuteo win?

19. iougs

iougs New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    MetroWest Boston
    In the following posts, I am gonna try to give an idea of the team components ... I don't care that much about it but Eddie convinced me to put it in.

I must say it's difficult to give a typical team because it changes each match day ... Players are often being played out of position ... and lots of players have come and go (especially players who had no clubs so not falling under mercato rules) .. It seems the coach is still learning what to do with the players he's got ... There's talent but chemistry is not quite there yet.

Let's start with the attack that cannot score:

Gomis
    Fauconnier
    Inkango
    L. Norbert

Everyone seems to agree they are trying hard but are very ineffective.
    L. Norbert is sometimes played as left attacking midfielder.

Note to Eddie: They had a pretty talented brasilian at attcking left midfield (Grigulo) but he's gone now. So I am sure there's a void there.

next up is gonna be the midfield.

iougs-

20. iougs

iougs New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    MetroWest Boston
    That would be sweeter than sweet. I'd buy it. Hasbro base ?

I don't know. I went to Salem to play for fun, and then, they tell me I won something. Go figure :D. I had no idea.

iougs-

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Iougs. I'm checking the forum...and sort of understanding some of it

22. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Iougs, maybe you could invite some of the locals over here?

23. iougs

iougs New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    MetroWest Boston
    ok, I just did in my thread there (the one that's titled: equipe type. Points forts et faiblesses).

I hope that somebody that follows the team better than I could step in.

iougs-

24. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great work. I was wondering if I should post ;)

25. iougs

iougs New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    MetroWest Boston
    Sorry forgot to link the thread:

http://angers.sco.free.fr/Forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1222

Yeah ... you can post ... I would start a new thread and put the invite in the title ! I was gonna do it anyway a tad later just to reinforce what I am saying :D

There's a thread called 'mercato' that kinda give you ideas about what's lacking in the team (besides goals).
    You also have to be aware of non-EU (EEC) allocation. I don't know how many you are allowed (2 or 3, I would assume). they don't have Grigulo (brasil) and Boskovic (non EEC I believe) anymore so that's 2 available right there I believe.

iougs-