Schwarzer puts in transfer request?

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by spuds, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spuds

spuds New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    I've just heard on channel 10 news (adelaide) that Mark Schwarzer has had a falling out with Middlesbrough manager Steve McLaren and has handed in a transfer request. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

2. qazwsx

qazwsx New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Australia
    I'd be suprised. He's been around the club for years. I dunno why he'd want to leave.

3. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

cos they're sh1t. I wonder, whether he'll stay in the prem or go abroad

4. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Schwarzer is woeful, makes far too many blunders. This will only help Boro longterm.

5. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The Beeb have got it too.

6. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Buh-Bye.

If a player wants out, I wouldn't want them at the club. Especially after he penned a new contract not so long ago.

Now its up to McClaren to drop him to the bench and play young Brad Jones. No point in having a lame duck keeper.

7. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    For every mistake he makes he produces about 20 match winning saves.

8. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Shouldn't you be talking him down at this point?

9. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Nope, we want a good figure from his apparent sale.

I personally think he will go back to Germany, mainly because of the lack of clubs that would want him in England.

10. Zviggy

Zviggy New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Brisbane, Australia
    I think Portsmouth will get him :)

11. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    For the rest of the 2005-2006 season. :)

12. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  13. R&DFC

R&DFC Member

Mar 26, 2004
    England
    Rumours in the papers this week have being saying that 'Arry wants him for Portsmouth since Jamie Ashdown got injured. So I wouldn't be suprised to see him on the south coast by the end of the month.

14. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Big_Bad_Mcnabb New Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Theve also just lost out to Fulham for the signature of Anti Niemi aswell so he might move for him.

15. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Are you trying to claim that all transfer related news now belongs on this board?

16. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Whats wrong with it being discussed on both boards.

There are probably many that don't care to visit/post on the Boro board.

17. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
  18. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    It's not my fault that the moderators cannot do their jobs correctly.

19. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    You can take that junk elsewhere. Both Prenn and I agree that this thread stays here. End of story.

20. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    What is the point in having rules and boards if they are not going to be used correctly? Perhaps you should be more transparent about rules and changes to how things should be done? I will refer you back to my previous comment:

"Are you trying to claim that all transfer related news now belongs on this board?"

I still haven't got an answer to that. What is this board for and what should we do about transfer news? It's all about being open and letting everyone know what to do, not having digs at posters who bring relevant issues to the fore.

21. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Schwarzer is one of the better keepers in the league and him asking to be transferred is pretty big news. It's going to affect not just Boro, but all the clubs linked to signing him and the one who eventually gets him - whether that club is in the Premiership or not. I imagine that more people than just Boro fans will want to discuss this, and if it's in the Middlesbrough forum, people may not be inclined to do so - especially since Boro fans can't be too happy about it. Imagine that Ruud or Rooney had just asked for a transfer and then other teams' fans came into the Man United forum with their comments. The locals probably wouldn't like it too much, would they?

This is a place where people can come and talk about the transfer without having to face the (potential) wrath of the Boro fans.

That being said, what the hell do you care anyway? Is it your job to go around policing which threads go where? If you don't like this thread being in the main forum, then stop reading it. It's that easy.

22. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The same could be said about any transfer. If the Boro fans cannot behave appropriately, then it is up to their moderator to rein them in. It's not my job to do anything, all I ask is that moderators apply things 'across the board' and openly explain things as opposed to what has happened within this thread. Again I refer back to what I stated and the questions that have been asked. To that I will add another, is this thread the rule or the exception? Thanks for your response. No need to get angry about anything.

23. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I would say that this one is a little more high-profile than most transfers, and therefore, deserves more attention than your average, routine transfer. Therefore, it's more of an exception. But that's just my opinion. In any case, this whole line of conversation has ruined whatever discussion might have taken place about the Schwarzer transfer and this thread is useless by now.

And for the record, there are no club-specific moderators for the Middlesbrough forum and is more visible for the overall moderators (me, Prenn, Rick B and Clan) to keep an eye on.

And perhaps if you had come in with a less accusatory tone, you would get answers instead of angry responses.

24. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The thread isn't ruined in the slightest and perhaps you should cool off and then read all of my contributions thus far, then look at the response from the moderators. Regardless, at least you were prepared to discuss and explain the reasoning. For that all I can say is thanks. So let's get back to Schwarzer. :)