Schelotto Arrival

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by calderone01, Apr 23, 2007.

1. calderone01

calderone01 Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Pickerington, OH
    Just got this email:

Bit late, but anyone up for it?

2. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got back to work from class otherwise I would have called in sick. :D

Hopefully some people can make it.

3. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh man... they really dropped the ball on this one. I would think they could have gotten notice out a heck of a lot sooner for this one. Bummer.

Well, I hope there was at least a few people that turned up. Maybe they should have found out a way to generate a flash mob at the airport and have them all chant some Crew song.

4. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wow. I really don't want to hammer the FO too badly since I don't have all of the info.

But this was a BIG deal, and they missed a good opportunity. First impressions are important, and it would have been nice to have a sizable contingent at the airport. I would have found a way to be there, and I think quite a number of you all would have as well.

Well, now we'll just have to give him a great welcome at his first match. THAT we can do....as long as we have more than 10 minutes notice.....

5. calderone01

calderone01 Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Pickerington, OH
    I'll hammer them for you as I just got back from the airport. Called Wilson who answered on about the 4th try only to find out the info had come from the league and not the Crew. Seems Guille arrived an hour or 2 before the last update had shown(though they couldn't even confirm for sure if he'd been through or not).

In any case I told Chris I hope Guille's first match is a more thorough and proper welcome. They are planning something of a presentation of Schelotto tomorrow night so be prepared for that. Don't quote me on it though as it came from the FO. That's all.:D

6. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    I showed up at 3:40 pm and found out that the 4:55 arrival became 3:55, then 2:50. He actually arrived at 2:30 pm. Press conference is at the stadium tomorrow at 2 pm. He trains with the team Wednesday morning and his flight out is (I think) Thursday afternoon.