Schalke transfer thread

Discussion in 'FC Schalke 04' started by P to the Wee, Dec 6, 2013.

1. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Unless we have a very clear cut target with which to spend the money on who is not only as good as Draxler but also, who will also be around for many years, at the time of selling him, then no sale regardless of how much. I'm thinking Liverpool (Saurez money) or Tottenham (Bale money) and how badly they wasted that.... Can't help but think a portion of any money made will go into paying off that debt, the rest will be spent poorly, and essentially the only discernible thing that really happens is we lose a great player with amazing potential. I clearly have no faith :p

2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Based on reports, Shaqiri is considered the most likely new target. Between Draxler and Shaqiri it's bit of a toss up. Shaqiri has been an important player each time on the international stage for Switzerland. However, he's still struggling to establish himself on club level. The lack of production he had at Inter last season is rather concerning. The potential is there of course, but we need to keep in mind he's also two years older than Draxler so already further along in his development and ceiling.

For Draxler, injuries in the last two years have really hampered his form and this upcoming season will be very critical. But with the right motivation and full recovery he can get back on track. So far this summer, the signs are encouraging. Ideally I would also like to see him stay at Schalke.

cortisoljunkie repped this.
  3. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I doubt Draxler will leave this season. His buy out clause ran out on July 1st, the club now has full control over him until the season ends. Can't see anybody offer 40Mio and more, which is what Heldt should at least demand.

I see Shaqiri only coming if we unload Farfan for 10m+ to Dubai or wherever. Guess that is possible considering all the rumours.

4. Schalkoholic

Schalkoholic Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Siegen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Seems after this season we are the richest 2.Bundesliga club:D

5. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Rumour mill is going beserk these last couple of days. Draxler out, Kolasinac out, Aogo out, Farfan out, Matip out, Nastasic out, Kehrer out ....
    I wonder if we will be able to name a full squad when the season starts. Well, most of these things won't happen but it is crazy atm.

6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Latest news is that Juventus are offering somewhere in the ballpark of 25 mio for Draxler. But management are making the push for 30-35 mio. Remember reading that Newcastle are interested in Matip and offered around 15 mio. While Farfan should bring in 7-10 mio from that Dubai club. I think Schalke should keep Kolasinac for at least another year. It'll be tough to find a replacement for left-fullback on the market currently. Also, with a rebound campaign he can easily raise his value by another 5-10 mio especially with the way English clubs have been spending.

7. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    #207 cortisoljunkie, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    @NUFCBayern u wot m8?! SOLD! to the team who apparently have too much money to spend.

L->R: Kolašinac - Höwedes - Nastasić - Uchida (if he is ever not injured..) . Can also throw in, as required, Caiçara, Ayhan as required and eventually Friedrich.

Is the whole Shaqiri -> Schalke still a thing? Rumours seem to have died away over the past few days.

8. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    First I'm hearing of this!

9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  10. NUFCViola

NUFCViola Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

We're signing Mbemba from Anderlecht so I'd be very surprised if we actually sorted the defence out and spent near £50m in the window. Also the chronicle is an awful paper, or rather has awful writers. Would trust German media over it

11. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think the Matip to Newcastle rumours are pretty much dead now. It was a couple of weeks ago and nothing developed. Heldt said that Schalke is trying to extend the contract which I feel looks like the most probable action.

I still have a hard time seeing the numbers for the transfer fee. 25m-30m? That is a joke. His contract runs another three years, why would we sell him for that kind of money when Arsenal etc already bid 40-45m? Just because his value atm is somewhat depressed because of his injuries? He looks fit and ready to go so let him develop another season.

12. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looks like Heldt is able to buy Di Santo from Bremen for 6m. I like it.

13. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    That was my immediate reaction too, he scored some stunners last year. BUT. I'd rather Shaqiri - younger, and at this best probably better than Di Santo, and I think having both would be an extravagance in spending. We have Huntelaar and EMCM, and Sane and Platte have shown they can hold their own when called upon. Do we need another striker? Someone is going to be warming the bench a lot..

Di Santo is in a rich vein of form at the moment, if wiki is right, he has scored 17 goals in 49 games at Bremen ... I think almost all of those came last season. But aside from last season, it's a pretty poor baseline :cautious: 6 million though - I think the Farfan money from his move to the UAE would cover it. @Epitome990 might be heart broken though, and we don't want that ;) First game is against Bremen, that could be awkward if we do buy him :p

14. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    As a fan that has not watched him play often outside of a few matches in the CL, what are your thoughts on his ability? Although he has loads of potential, at least statistically he hasn't produced very much even outside of his injury plagued years. He is obviously very young as well. As a result it's difficult to evaluate his worth.

15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    You guys better include Leroy Sane or else no deal. :sneaky:

16. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
  17. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I hope one of our players break the leg of this Gaucho c*nt. :mad:

18. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    #218 cortisoljunkie, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    LMAO! In 60 minutes we resign Sane and take Di Santo. I'm so sorry my friend, what a bizarre sequence of events :) The game in 3 weeks time will be a really interesting one, in Bremen no less....

...aaaand Draxler is probably off to Juve. How is all this happening right now? Some special transfer significance of midday in Germany?

http://www.goal.com/de/news/3643/ex...xler-einigung-mit-juventus-turin?ICID=HP_BN_1

19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Extra motivation now to beat you guys on opening day. Franco Di Judas is definitely gonna hear it from the legions of fans on his return to the Weserstadion.

20. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Draxler could become a world class player. Maybe not on the level of CRonaldo or Messi but right behind them. He has all the tools to do it. The question is if he can bring the potential on the pitch. The last two years were disappointing for him but he fought injuries, was moved from the center to the wing and had to deal with the unstable situation of Schalke's coaches. He showed what could be possible in three years ago when he played in the center behind Huntelaar. Now if you think 30 or 40m is an adequate price for that promise is anyone's guess. Can't fault people if they don't think he is worth it though I think he is.

Breitenreiter said that he likes to play 4-4-2, too, so another good striker looks necessary. It is also important to have a good backup for Huntelaar because he misses so many games.

I think we would need another really good attacking midfielder, if we keep Draxler, to round out the squad. If we sell him, we need two. Don't know who that could be or how we can pay for it. I wish we had resigned Barnetta. He would be such a great help with his flexibility.

I don't know why Bremen fans are so angry. Did DiSanto say or promise something? It is not like ten years ago when we signed Krstajic, Ailton, Ernst and Rost. At that time the two clubs were on the same level, Bremen probably slightly ahead in football terms. Nowadays Schalke is a clear step up, not just financially. It also doesn't look as if anything fishy happend.

21. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville

Last week he said he was very happy at Bremen, didn't want to go to Schalke, and was hoping to sign an extension. Other than that, he didn't say anything. :rolleyes:

"Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  22. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Not from Schalke, but from the player. If one wants to leave for a team for European ambition, this is one thing, but telling the Werder fans since weeks that he loves to play here, has many friends and there is a big chance that he extends his contract (there are only differences to be cleared, blabla). I just hope Werder does not go now for Pizarro, he showed the same attitude in the past.

23. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    @"Eisenfuß" Eilts

Why are you using my name as quoting something I never said?

24. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Ups, sorry, I got confused by the embedded quotes. :oops:

Corrected:
    Not from Schalke, but from the player. If one wants to leave for a team for European ambition, this is one thing, but telling the Werder fans since weeks that he loves to play here, has many friends and there is a big chance that he extends his contract (there are only differences to be cleared, blabla). I just hope Werder does not go now for Pizarro, he showed the same attitude in the past.

25. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But a big chance isn't certainty. There was always the possibility that Bremen and Di Santo wouldn't come to an understanding. It is not his fault that the fans misconstrued that.

I can understand disappointment because you were so close extending him but I don't think anger is warranted. Eichin made him a better offer just a couple of days ago, it is not as if he was sitting on it for weeks hoping something better comes along.