Schalke - Basel [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Frankfurt Blue, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Disappointing result with the 1-1 draw. Deserved better? I think so. The referee was poor in the first half. Definitely a penalty for Sand.

Very fine goal by Kobiashivili for the opener. But did it take a very slight deflection? Ebbe Sand was definitely tripped in the area. But for such a big guy, he does seem to go to ground pretty easy and perhaps this is why the penatly wasn't given.

For the equaliser, was Rost at fault? Looked like his feet were glued to the pitch and then blamed the players in the defensive wall. All this after Assauer was singing his praises at half-time as the best Bundesliga goalkeeper - that's why he plays for Schalke.

2. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    And I hasten to add, what on earth was Mike Hanke thinking trying to handle the ball, just after Neuville has been in trouble for this at the weekend? :(

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I saw the highlights of Neuville slapping the ball into the goal... was so funny as after the match he said it wasn't intentional.

How did Christian Pander play?

4. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Seemed to me they all played well. Not familiar with all their players, as I am not a Schalke fan. I just think they were unlucky in the first half not to extend their lead and wrap up the game.

Is it me, or is the Vice-President of Basel a bit scary? :D

5. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Not a great game from either side but the tie was definitely a fair result. Basel was very persistent in the 2nd half and got the well deserved equalizer...

PS: What was especially scary was Gigi Oeri getting all touchy feely with Assauer.

6. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Isn't Gigi Oeri a scary person at all? ;-)