SC Braga [R]

Discussion in 'Liga Sagres Clubs' started by GoodDead, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    just remember Sporting was the biggest portuguese club from the day it was born, and was the most titled club up until 1960s (when Benfica became the darlings of Salazar) and then FC Porto only rose after Corruption and their suggar daddy PDC

SPORTING IS #1 doesnt need corrupt suggar daddies or dictator's to be a grande.

2. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I saw some big ownage handed out in this thread from the Braga side.

3. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    BTW Pedro silva cares about the carlsberg cup :D:D:D

4. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    obv benfica cares about it enough to bribe a ref to win it.

and btw if some of you fans dont care about cups, please do not even make threads about it, or even watch the game, or list them when you speak abut club acheivements.

Benfica fans were singing with joy a cople years ago when they were winning 3-1 in alvalade in the cup only to lose 5-3... what happened?

if cups are so easy to win, why does SC Braga only have 1 cup? (1966)

anyways braga is having a great league season and I hope they win it instead of SLB or FCP. however dont be surprised when loss #2 of the league occures this weekend against Sporting who is on fire 7 wins in a row by Carvalhal Bento only matched that twice in all his time at our club.

5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  7. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Why are you guys even talking about this beer cup. It's useless. Bigger teams use this cup for their less utilized players.

Sure, you can give me the whole "you're just jelous because Porto never won it" but i could care less if we won it every year. It's useless.

League is first priority, cup is distant 2nd (still popular due to tradition), beer cup is garbage. It's like the World Club Cup. No one brags about being the world club champion.

8. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Exactly why Domingos used half the team comprised of bench players for the first 2 games and used our junior and taxi squad for the last game.

Sporting fielded their full side, good for them they wanted it much more then we did and yes they beat Braga. Is it something to really boast about? Not really. Beat us at home like we did you in game 2 and things are level, over take us in the League or win the Taca then talk. So far this year Sporting has no right to talk and talking about history is just lame. And again if you want to talk about history know your place, it's #3. I don't shoot my mouth off to Maritimo or Guimaraes fans etc. for never have won anything because it's petty and has nothing to do with now.

I will shoot my mouth to VSC fans for other reasons though.

9. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Maritimo was champions in the 1920s when the campeaonato de portugal was considered the main tournament

i think olhanense also won one of those.

10. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Unfortunately for them history doesn't consider anything before 1934 as an official competition? Why? I have no clue.

But even with that 1920's? what does that have to do with anything? My point is I don't talk down to clubs that have never won anything just because Braga has 1 Taca de Portugal.

History is fine and all but the Maple Leafs have a great history that in my view just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth since the Leafs never amounted to anything my entire life. Can any Leaf fan seriously talk down to a Rangers fan because we have more Cups even though the majority of leafs fans have never even seen Toronto in a Cup final but have seen New York hoist the Cup? No, we can't it would be absolutely pathetic. But some do because history is talk for losers that have nothing going for them today. To be honest ever since MLSE to over the Leafs they do not exist anymore. The "maple leafs" is not a hockey team anymore, it's a logo and emotion drawn from history used to sell merchandise. The team is nothing more then a marketing gimmick, like a recreation of the Civil War. Just something to look at not anything to believe in. So many people talk about "Loyalty" most have forgotten that Loyalty is a 2 way street and the Maple Leafs have done NOTHING for the fans but take their money and raise prices.

Ok back to the topic.

You will note that Benfica fans this year have been talking about this year and not their history. Last year the year before that etc it was all about "O Glorioso" and all the titles they "Had won" and their "history" why? because their team sucked now that they are in reach of the league the history lesson is over. All SLB fans ever do is prove me right about them.

11. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ahhah

completely agreed.

especially about the leafs:eek:

12. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    :rolleyes:

The size of your mouth and ego has grown tenfold this season pal. You're right, even in a bad season, we have something to brag about. We've been European Champions twice, and we have the most titles in Portugal. Boom, what does your beloved team have? Oh, and please save the "Well my dad didn't make me a fan of the Big 3" crap. This is the "Braga" thread and you refer to getting back to topic as continuing to talk about Benfica ahaha

13. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lolol..This should be good. GoodDead entertain me. Z- Legend, have a quick zinger ready.

14. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Z will just say that Olhanense won the league in 1823, Porto is corrupt, Benfica is evil and Sporting is purity, youthfull, fairy godmother, portuguese, the biggest club in Portugal, Portugal will win the world cup and Moutinho will be player of the year in 2011.

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Preach preach!

16. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    In a bad season you have nothing to brag about. I don't think you know how dumb you all look when you act as if it is the 1960's it truly is rather pathetic. But like how Sporting knows their place in history so does Benfica, you are #2 to Porto. Porto has won more internationally and now that the Dictator isn't dictating the league Porto is catching up in league titles as well.

You are like a watered down version of Liverpool.

Glorioso? I didn't see much when your lot visited Braga.

The best Benfica season in the last 15 years. 2nd place and out of the Cup. Run up the score on teams with 2 players sent off for looking at a Benfica player the wrong way but when the going gets tough the 12th man or sometimes the 13th man with the flag will bail you out. Except in Braga where you got flat out whopped.

17. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    So you have to resort to talking about Porto's achievements because Braga doesn't have any? Now THAT is truly pathetic.

A watered down version of Liverpool... Hell, I'll take it. Considering they have 5 European Cups, I'd say thats a complement for most teams. I'd say you're team is like a watered down version of........ Belenenses.

And great, you're team was able to beat us well, in 1 game, while you're team got kicked around by Elfsborg. You lost home and away for Christ's sake, to a team that came 3rd in the Swedish league. You can brag about 1st all you want but I think you forget there is still 4 months left to play and Braga's name hasn't been written on any trophy just yet.

18. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Gotta love it !!!

The Intertoto champs are in 1st (Right Now), and this gives Gooddead reason to trashtalk HAHAHA

Wtf has braga ever achieved in portugal ???
    I see Braga as a " wannabe grande"
    Sorry, that club is full:eek:

Remember Leixoes last year...........
    History will repeat itself............

We'll put his ego into check come friday:)
    and when we do, the flaming is gonna be RELENTLESS

Run Bitch run while you still can:D

19. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Ok seriosuly, you guys are going to try "own" Braga this season? They are in first.

You want to talk about history or make fun of Braga's UEFA Cup history too? Just take a look at Sporting's UEFA Cup history. It's pathetic. Getting spanked by unkown Danish, Turkish, Sweden teams is nothing to be proud of.

Then some Benfica fan thinks Braga is a watered down version of Beleneses....
    WTF?

Benfica is a joke. No player loyalty in your club. When a fight starts, they leave Rui Costa and Jorge Jesus to do the fighting. What next? Throw in LFV and Eusebio? Bunch of wimps at Benfica.

20. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love that the Braga boards have become this. I thought it was only subject to the Benfica, Sporting and Porto boards. I guess you guys are really making progress!

And all this arguing is completely useless. Sporting fans are right that they had more success before Salazar. Porto fans are right that they've had more success the past 25 years than any other club and have become the most feared team in Portuguese soccer. And Benfica fans are right that we have the most history SEEM to be back on the incline.

However, this up to this point of this year, in the Liga, Braga is the best team. You know why? Because they are in first. Until that changes, they are the team to beat.

21. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    BS needs more Braga supporters. GoodDead is fending for himself!

22. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Well, this decade alone, the northern clubs have overachieved. Sporting and Benfica the opposite.

I win.

23. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    2010's will be the decade of Sporting CP

prediction

7 league titles (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019)
    2 CL (2014, 2015)
    4 taca de portugal
    8 super tacas
    10 carlsberg cups
    2 Fifa world club cups
    2 UEFA super cups

24. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wow I think this calls for a new thread.