SC Braga [R]

Discussion in 'Liga Sagres Clubs' started by GoodDead, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well said. BTW I dont hate Braga, if Sporting doesnt win the title I'd love to see Braga win.

2. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Braga was founded under the Arsenal club colours. The founder was in love with Arsenal. Their name has nothing Sporting Lisbon. Sporting is a pretty common name for clubs. Just like FC XXXXX or Sport Clube, etc...

3. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Talking about getting bad calls to me a Braga supporter is hilarious and ignorant. My team gets more incorrect calls against them in a game vs Porto or Benfica then Sporting gets in a season

HAHA The Carlsberg Cup is a throw away tourney for our bench players to practice. But I guess the only "silverware" (trophy is plastic) Sporting has a realistic shot at this year, since the remaining teams will send out reserves in order to focus on more important competitions.

Yes and your "greatness" is indeed, just a myth.

4. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Actually we adopted Arsenals colors after a friendly vs them in the 30's or 40's.

There are "Sportings" all over the world but only one team had the ignorant arrogance to claim they were a club team from a whole country.

But it is ok the rest of the world correctly calls them what they really are Sporting Lisbon. Any chance they had at being known world wide as Sporting CP was dashed by Vagner Love.

5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Oh and I forgot to say:

Welcome Sporting trolls enjoy your stay in the Braga thread you'll be checking out soon enough.

6. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Didn't the founder change the Braga name after that game?

7. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

Simply beautiful !!!

Game, set, match:eek:

8. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No just the uniforms.

9. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

Bwhaha, Post of the year !!!

Spoken like a true moron:):)

" We got booted out so we don't care anymore""

I thought only Porto/ Benfica fans said this ???

10. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Living in the past must be fun when you have no chance this year and no future.

So looking at your titles and silverware is their any UEFA backed trophies in that cabinet? No just some fairs cup? Oh what a shame. And looking at your titles they don't seem to compare to the other grandes.

So if all you have is your history to look at (which is pretty pathetic) your 3rd, isn't that fabulous? You live in the past and your past is 3rd...wow LOL

I'll live in the here and now thanks.

11. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    HAHAHA Sure, what ever you need to tell yourselves to get over the fact your team sucks and it's history is nothing to boast about.

You are remembered as the team that lost the UEFA Cup final at home.

12. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Please do tell, what is your past !!!

Intertoto champions, whoopdee ********ing doo !!!

You are so ********ed, it isn't funny :D

When you win a league title, then you can talk shit, until then, i'd zip it !!!

Woo hoo, intertoto champs, viva braga !!!!

13. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Oh right I forgot about all the "Prestige" the Carlsberg Cup carries. Face it dude no one cares about that competition we sent out half a squad for practice.

You guys sent everything you had for that 2-1 win and I applaud you much like I applaud Trofense for also beating our practice team in warm up. Leiria has no excuses I never even heard of almost half the guys that played that game because why? It is nothing but practice.

We got "booted" because we didn't care from the start. See when you have a chance of winning something important you don't throw your best players out and ask them to give 100% in a meaningless game. Sporting has nothing but the Carlsberg Cup to compete for since they will be bounced out of the Taca and have no chance at the Liga this year. Since Porto and Benfica have a shot they won't field anyone in the Carlsberg Cup so ther's your chance at "Silverware"

But when all else fails you can look on your history like all other losers do when they have nothing to talk about. BTW your history is YOU'RE 3rd in Portugal in the SHADOWS of Porto and Benfica and world wide your history is losing the UEFA Cup final vs some no name Russian side, AT Home.

Game, Set, Match, End of your life.

14. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

End of my life ????

15. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    RIP Sporting#3

Cause of death: Internet Pwn3ge ;):D

16. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    :D:D:D

LOL I don't live in the past but it was nice beating out teams like Stuttgart, Deportivo, Napoli, Vaslui (all teams Sporting can't beat) for an official UEFA title.

Which means we have 1 UEFA title to Sporting Lisbon's 0.

So much for History eh?

17. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    1.Wow typical ignorance. Boooohoooo the Carlsberg cup doesnt mean anything because we lost. I guarantee that if you guys were doing well, then you would say this cup means everything.

2.BTW, we're comparing the history between Sporting and Braga not the other teams. And my god what history does Braga have?

3.Your basically saying we can only win the Carlseberg cup. Hello buddy we still have Taca de Portugal, and Europa League (does Elfsborg ring a bell?). And we're not out of the league just yet.

4. CSKA Moscow isn't a no name Russian side.

18. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    :eek:

you told me !!

Official uefa title, that's a good one though !

19. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    There is really no point of continuing this one sided debate. Let the guy enjoy himself in his Braga fairyland.

20. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    this is hilarious, read this ..... ( Intertoto cup)

The cup billed itself as providing both an opportunity for clubs who otherwise would not get the chance to enter the UEFA Cup and as an opportunity for sports lotteries (or pools) to continue during the summer.[2] This reflects its background, which was as a tournament solely for football pools

Quite prestigious, wouldn't you say ????

So basically, they had to invent a tournament so teams Like braga could play in europe and crazy gamblers could continue with their addiction even when no real soccer was being played !
    How Pathetic is that ???
    Official Uefa title OMFG

21. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

True enough :p
    I like your signature, I hate that too :)

22. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    See that's where you are wrong you are talking about history not me. So when you talk about history you talk about it all, you don't pick and choose not to face the facts that your history is mediocre for a team billed as a "grande"

You have no chance at the EL I hope you pass a couple of more rounds but QF's is probably as far as you go. Taca? Porto is tossing you out of that.

Carlsberg Cup is where it is at for Sporting so by all means talk about it as if it is worth anything.

But Thanks, Your jealousy of Braga is delightful.

23. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm glad you see that there is only one side to this debate. Braga in first, Sporting Lisbon Carlsberg Cup darlings.

You may return to The Sporting Lisbon fairytale universe where you can win games at home....in meaningless glorified friendlies.

24. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sporting won the cup winners cup in 1964 FYI, it actually involved reaching a final, beating teams like APOEL, manchester united, atalanta, lyon and MTK hungaria and winning an actual final on a neutral ground and a cup.. not like ur BS intertoto cup.