SC Braga [R]

Discussion in 'Liga Sagres Clubs' started by GoodDead, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I hope this doesn't happen. Braga can't lose any more pieces if they want to make a run for the league title and europe next season, especially when they already lost Perreira.

2. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Who is throwing in a towel? I just want Braga to keep the preassure on Benfica.

Pressure makes you nervous. No pressure relaxes you.

3. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    There is still a lot of season left to play. 6 points only looks good when there is less then 5 games left to play.

4. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I got to agree, I think its between 3 teams. Braga, Benfica, and Porto right now. Sporting are essentially fighting for a European spot.

5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sporting to me can do no worse then 4th at this point after beating Nacional they secured the spot and the tie break.

Unless Nacional or Guimaraes go on a serious tear Sporting will finish top 4.

The way the top 5 (counting VSC over Leiria) we should have a very stable showing in Europe next year. Although Ruben is now out of Nacional, so they will almost be back to the drawing board.

6. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thats an odd turn of events...I thought it was almost a done deal at bolton.

edit: Seems sort of fishy to me...The mirror likes to cook up some rumors out of no where sometimes

8. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah i'm in the same boat as you. transfer rumors help pass the time during class tho :cool:

9. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm pretty certain we already signed all the players we are going to sign for this month.

We got Aguiar FFS we don't need someone that was barely impressive in MLS and a Bolton reject to boot? Last I checked Braga was miles better then any mid table EPL side.

10. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you on most of this. Holden is slightly above average and wouldn't start for Braga, at least right away. You already have enough options and unless he impresses your coach like crazy, I don't see him being an impact for Braga.

11. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ney Santos has been sold to Rio Ave. Yazalde has been loaned out to Olhanense to reinforce their squad.

Its a good move for both Braga and Olhanense in terms of Yazalde. The boy wasn't getting any playing time at Braga, and I think he will find time in the Algarve alongside Rabiola.

This is what their front 4 could look like..[LINEUP-4-4-2]Rabiola, Yazalde, Zequinha, Castro, Duarte, Ukra[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

13. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Too young to be contending.

14. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Like FP said that is too much youth to even manage to stay up in the League but development wise it is great for the players themselves.

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I disagree. People always relate youth to failure. But I think Olhanense has picked up a few good pieces that will allow them to finish above the relegation zone this season.

16. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Olhanese has a young squad with tons of potential...Its just about putting everything together. They're gonna go through some heartache this year to avoid relegation but if they do avoid it...I could see them mid-table next year.

17. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They will probably still struggle next year unless they are able to retain their players. Ukra, Tengarrinha, Castro and especially Rabiola will probably get called back by Porto. Yazalde to Braga...etc...

I could see them keeping Ventura though.

18. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Oh crap I forgot that Porto owned a big majority of their players. However if they somehow were able to keep the players they have right now I could see them being mid-table. I dont see any of those Players playing for Porto either except Ukra probably. Then again they might get loaned out to other teams.

19. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I was hoping Aguiars transfer certificate would arrive on time for him to play in the Carlsberg Cup throw away game and see if he was still in good enough shape to play against Sporting next week, but to no avail. Looks like he probably won't get into a game until February.

Renteria is playing tomorrow the over under on break aways he will miss is 2.5 the odds of him scoring from a 1 on 1 are 1/16

Taking bets now.

20. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Talk about a second team only the returning from injury, Rodriguez the lone regular starter playing for Braga in the Carlsberg cup throw away game.

Matheus and Adriano regular subs are starting, Osvaldo, Diogo Valente and Pena get the rare sub calls at times, the rest is a who's who? of Bench, practice squad and some junior players I never really heard of. Everyone else has the night off.

Good job Domingos. I like that, and this should of been done in games 1 and 2 instead of just having half the squad of guys that don't even make the bench.

If we solely used guys we weren't going to use for the league or Taca maybe we could of tried to make a go for this trophy instead of using it as glorified practice.

Renteria is on the bench and I still expect him to come in and miss a break away.

2-1 so far for Braga "B"....I mean Braga "C", since SCP is Braga "B"

EDIT: Full Time 4-1 for Braga's Bench vs Leiria. Pena was playing out of his mind.

21. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wow then that says something about Braga's "A" team,that "Braga B" is better. :D

22. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    LOL Yeah because Sporting is way better then Braga this year :rolleyes: you must not look at silly things like the League Table.

23. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We'll see who's better come friday:D

24. Força_Portugal

Jun 10, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yeah your right I dont, I look at the number of titles and silverware. LoL

25. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    looks like GD forgets about how when braga beat sporitng sporting was denied a penalty (but that is to be expected its been happening consistently to us since 1982)

and forgets the fact Saleiro, another portuguese from Sporting's academy scored against this Brazilian team, and another academy talent Veloso ripped a long range shot to seal a 2-1 win.

and forgets the fact Sporting has 7 wins in a row and is ready for rEVENGE

just remember why your team is called Sporting de Braga. they named nameselves in the honour of Portugal's flagship club, because they know thats the closest theyll ever get to our mythical greatness. Nonetheless their plan turned out to be an epic fail since everyone calls them braga. Everyne knows there is ONLY ONE SPORTING, and z187 is his Prophet!