SC Braga [R]

Discussion in 'Liga Sagres Clubs' started by GoodDead, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    New thread, I will continue my fun here. 2 Great games back to back, a 3-0 win vs Portsmouth in the UEFA cup followed by a 5-0 Massacre of Amadora.

2. CIA

CIA Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  3. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Came back to draw Academica 1-1, last half an hour we were all over them but couldn't get the win. Many starters were resting, I suppose for the Milan game. Luis Aguiar was injured and subbed out hopefully he will be fit for the UEFA Cup match.

4. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Tough loss in Extra Time at the Guiseppe Meazza 1-0

Ronaldinho with the goal...

5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Highlights:
    http://videos.sapo.pt/yPYDsARCqsqiE3zrWeD3

I'm glad Braga played with such confidence in Milan and put on a great showing. The last second goal was both avoidable and heartbreaking as our defense had a touch and should of gained control before Gatusso came in.

6. Vagos

Vagos Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Mississauga, ON
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Definitely nothing to be ashamed of, Braga went up against one of the best in the world and played a good game. Braga have shown time & time again that they can compete with the big boys in Europe.
    The last minute goal hurts & I feel for the players & supporters.. :(
    Even so I still see Braga advancing to the next round.

7. geeko79

geeko79 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Toronto
    heartbreaking loss. I watched the game and Braga certainly conrtolled large parts of it and dida made some HUGE saves that kept AC in it. The goal that ronaldinho scored was superb but came from a somewhat broken play. Sometimes thats the way it goes.

Braga should advance, but hopefully they can collect points when AC comes to Portugal. Hopefully its a full house

8. Vagos

Vagos Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Mississauga, ON
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's still the group stage. There is no 2nd leg or aggregate score..

9. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Next year the UEFA cup becomes the Europa League and will feature four team group stages home and away. This year it is the same as previous years 5 teams playing each team once, two home games, two away.

10. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No way they deserved to lose, at times they were vastly outplaying milan. Even though you guys lost I still consider it a moral victory for Braga. Seriously taking milan to the last minute is epic.

11. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It took 92 Minutes and Ronaldinho's magic for probably the 2nd biggest team in the world at home to beat us who are a modest side so I am proud of the fight and character. It was 30 seconds to make the Bayern draw last year look like nothing but an average European game for us.

I like where Jorge Jesus is taking us and I would love for Braga to play Tottenham or Werder Bremen this year after 2 straight years of them getting a sub par Braga and talking all their shit on these boards. Just like what we did to Red star and their overtly confident fans after they won on away goals 3 years ago and we exacted revenge last year beating them in the UC to advance from the group. Milan fans have way more class and can show Braga respect unlike Tottenham fans who acted and stated that Braga "couldn't compete in a Sunday league" despite having two 3-2 games decided by late Spur goals.

Werder Bremen fans were typically classless Germans after their crappy team beat my crappier team thanks to Machado not starting our best players and having them play as individuals. Yet, they believed their team was somehow great in the 2 legs when the fact is both sucked but Braga sucked worse missing 2 pk's no less. So great to see their ignorant fans get knocked out the next round.

You'd think these teams that have Giants in their leagues would be more respectful to other small teams, but they win and act as if they are the ones who are Bayern Munich or AC milan. I would love for this Braga side to get a hold of either of them this year especially Tottenham and do what we did to Portsmouth who finished higher then them and won a bigger cup last year as well as having a much better year this term. They lose Keane and Berbatov and they are on their way to relegation meanwhile when we lost all of our defense and half our attack and we still got out of the UEFA Cup group stages.

So for me losing a great game to Milan isn't a hard pill to swallow when their coach, players and fans can give my side the respect we earned instead of listening to gloaters acting as if my team was their city rivals. Full respect to Ronaldinho for giving his jersey to Jorge Jesus after the game.

12. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Braga was amazing in Milan. Organized, purposeful and fluid. Credit to JJ and Braga's players. I wouldn't mind seeing JJ in charge of Porto.

You still have a tough, tough group and you need to keep this (very high) level to progress. Won't be easy, but I'll be in front of my computer cheering you on. It's a pleasure to watch and a pride to see one non-Grande (like Boavista did in 2003) proving that Portugal has more than just the usual suspects.

13. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    wow...Braga laid an egg. Up 2-1 with 7 minutes left in regular time and they lose 3-2 with a goal in stoppage time. Bad week for Portuguese teams in Europe.

14. manichefan

manichefan Member

Mar 30, 2005
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Another heartbreaker for Braga... but they are still third in the group and in good position. At least one Portuguese team will advance in the UEFA CUP :D

15. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not quite we need to win at Heerenveen in order to have a chance to qualify for the next round.

That referee should of awarded a free kick and not a penalty to Wolfsberg, the whole second half he was doing them favors like that and stopping play every time we won the ball.

16. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    According to Ogogo Chelsea are pursuing player Orlando Sa. I know Orlando is usually very reliable, but the guy seems very young. It seems like a loan move may be involved. He looks a bit like Rafael Sobis, but larger.

17. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Guy had a beastly performance for the U-21 against Spain..3 Goals all with the head I believe.

18. okocha1

okocha1 Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hello Braga fans, I don't mean to pry but according to A Gogo, Orlando Sa is still coming to Chelsea. Is there any truth to this rumor?

19. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's "O Jogo" (The Game) and yes Braga and Chelsea are in talks over Sa.

20. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think it would be a bad move for Orlando to go to Chelsea. He should remain at Braga and try to break through there, even though there are a few talented strikers infront of him, Linz, Meyong, Renteria.

And on Renteria, he scored in Braga's 1 - 0 win over Rio Ave. His celebration was funny as hell. He Pulled out a Christmas hat, did a little dance, then went into the crowd!

21. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It was about time he scored. He's had a million opportunities.

We move to 5th for now, very good considering the horrible start to the season which left us in 13th 7 games ago.

22. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Paulo Santos won his case and will collect the money due him until the end of his contract, 2009.

23. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We beat Belenenses 2-0 and I've never seen Belem play so dirty, so many hacks and elbows and even some sloppy defending that should of led to 2 PK's

....Can you tell that there coach this year is Jaime Pacheco ;) Hey Look they are also sitting dead last, Beleneses is the new Boavista. How Pacheco still gets work in the top league in Portugal is a baffling mystery but as long as he is not my coach we'll take the bruises and the win that usually comes with it vs a Pacheco side.

Anyway, we now finally crack the top 5 for the first time in the season (if you don't count being tied for 1st in week one with 5 other teams) and are 4 points out of first but we will face the top 4 teams all within the next 5 rounds. Benfica, Porto followed by a break vs Pacos then Sporting and Leixeos. The next month and a half could be make or break for our title hopes.

24. CIA

CIA Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Is Rodriguez back from injury? Also, I've read Jair Baylon is still within the Braga institution

25. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He's still out and Baylon is not on our team he is with Alianza Lima