SBFC v ATL III (6/22/2011)

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by Mookie141, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Game thread. I'm looking for it to bare seeing as I expect most of you to be at the game. If you are going enjoy yourselves and be safe. If not come here and chat about.

2. galsoccer907

galsoccer907 New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Galveston
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    We really need a win tonight. Keeley Dowling is out for the season with a torn ACL, and while I feel very badly about that, Sky Blue needs to be able to exploit that weakened defense. Hoping for a win tonight!

3. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This appears to be the available SB roster for the game:

Jenni Branam, Kendall Fletcher, Brittany Taylor, Carrie Dew, Allie Long, Carolyn Blank, Angie Kerr, Laura Kalmari, Adriana, Casey Nogueira, Alyssa Mautz, Danielle Johnson, Michelle Wenino, Jennie Clark, Kristin Arnold (GK), Erin Guthrie (GK)

Can they claim Meghan Schnur off waivers?

4. galsoccer907

galsoccer907 New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Galveston
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    That would be a nice pick-up. Kendall Fletcher is a great player but not really a left back; Schnur could fill that spot nicely. Then Fletcher could transition to the defensive mid position where she really excels.

5. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  6. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not pretty but a win and 3 points!

The goal was as the corner shot appeared to go between Whitworth's hands as she was falling back; she claimed she was pushed.

SB was the better team, player for player skill overall, but allowed the Beat several scarry messy opportunities esp late in game. But on the whole it was too much to ask Chalupny and White to carry the team.

The attendance likely was greater than last game, which doesn't say/help much. Two more home games without the full roster might drive everyone away; at least six of us will be gone for those 2 games.

7. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would think the game being on a weeknight would hurt attendance as well - certainly the Freedom matches not on weekends were their worst-attended.

8. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States