Say it ain't so, Mo

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by FlashMan, Dec 16, 2002.

1. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. KC Salty

KC Salty Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I care. I'm happy for Mo. But as a Wizards fan, I'd liked to have seen a position in our own organization made for him. I suppose it could be worse. He could be an assistant with the Galaxy.

3. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I concur with Kevin.

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    [​IMG]

$%&@* img tags don't work in this forum. Sigh.

5. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i don't know guys... it's a great sentiment and probably speaks fairly well of mo (that you guys would want him there)

but in my mind, it's bit of professional incest... it wouldn't necessarily be the worst place for him to start out, but a different environment, where he doesn't have a relationship with everyone is probably the best for his development as a coach

if he would do this with the wiz, many different things would inhibit his ability to develop his style and do what he normally would

in many respects, that's why many assistant coaches don't take over a team/program when the head leaves/steps down

but kudos to mo, i would imagine that working with bradley is one of the best assistant jobs in mls

6. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    After what he did against LA in 2000, I will love him regardless of anything he does or has done, even joining the Metros and playing for Rangers.

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That picture brings back wonderful memories of the 2000 season, like the goal Molnar scored against the Galaxy in the mini game after Mo got hit in the head. Good luck Mo.

8. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So why would Bob Gansler not want Mo Johnston as an assistant? Are the current KC assistants that great?

I had read several times that Mo and his family loved the KC area - it wouldn't have taken that much to keep him at the club, probably less than the Metros will pay.

Unless of course Mo didn't really want to work under Gansler.

Or maybe I'm reading to much into this and he just took the first offer he got.

9. MUTINYFAN

MUTINYFAN Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Orlando
    It looks like Mo has his hands in his pants in that picture. Pre-game festivities I suppose

10. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I don't know. Who wants to start a game with their privates twisted in a bunch. If it's neccesary, adjust yourself, says I.