Savic says....

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by bomp, Jun 12, 2007.

1. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.
    http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050920/SPORTS/509200319/1004

"According to the chief operating officer of the Kansas City Comets, Zoran Savic , the club will be suspending operations for two years, while it waits for its new arena to be built. He said the league had given the Comets a two-year hiatus.

"It was a business decision in the best interest of our organization," Savic said.

He said the Comets are guaranteed to return for the 2007-08 season."

2. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    ...love that Good N Plenty...

3. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Speaking of worthless guarantees, I also recently read that Joe Newman is guaranteeing no games will get canceled this year in the ABA.

4. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    I asked before , is Zoran Savic related to Branko Savic ?

5. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.

I saw that you commented on that piece in the Halifax newspaper. Like Stevie-Boy, Newman is my hero. I thought of shaving my head so I could wear a wig like Joe does. :D

6. ucantcme

ucantcme New Member

Jul 16, 2006
    I don't think they are related. Branko was born in Serbia and Zoran was born in Yugoslavia. Although, Serbia was formerly part of Yugoslavia, (or was it Yugoslavia that was part of Serbia?) so that may make no difference. Hell, I don't know if they're related or not.

I called the MISL offices for an answer and they told me that per league policy, kinship of Savics could not be disclosed.

7. KiXXFan1316

KiXXFan1316 New Member

May 4, 2006
    South Jersey
    Serbia & Yugoslavia are the same place. Yugoslavia broke off into different countries in the 90s.
    Wasn't their an article on Zoran & Branko somewhere that said Branko was his son? I could've sworn I saw it...I'll try and find it if I can.

8. Krycek

Krycek New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Best info I can find is that Zoran was born on August 13, 1959 and Branko was born on August 5, 1974 (currently on the Storm web roster). Zoran was 15 when Branko was born.

9. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005

Thanks for the info.

10. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Too funny!!!

11. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005

Thanks , post it if you find it.

12. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I've got it in my head they were related as well.

Yugoslavia existed up until 1992. Then Slovenia, followed by Croatia declared independance. Macedonia, Bosnia and Serbia all became independant.

Serbia was know as Serbia and Montenegro, then Kosovo and Montenegro declared independance from Serbia. Montenegro is now a seperate country and Kosovo is run by NATO. Vojvodina is the next to leave Serbia, probably in a couple of years.

Anyways they are related.