savethevictory.org

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by walkingcity, Sep 7, 2007.

1. walkingcity

walkingcity Member

May 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. SSF Soccer

SSF Soccer Member

May 2, 2007
    South San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    walkingcity.....don't know who you are, but I thank you for putting this together, your efforts are certainly appreciated and I hope it will start us off to a positive beginning of something special...kudos to you.

3. walkingcity

walkingcity Member

May 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, i'm only helping out the 1906 supporters with design and promotion, so they deserve the credit for organizing all of this.

4. SSF Soccer

SSF Soccer Member

May 2, 2007
    South San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely....the 1906 are the driving force behind the movement, and they are a great passionate group of people. Couldn't ask for a better supporters group than that....but your input is also important and is appreciated by all of us.

5. IceFunk

IceFunk Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Beaverton, Oregon
    already spreading the word.

6. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big thanks to Trevor (walkingcity) for getting the website together, designed and help getting it online! There is no way to repay your efforts!! Now that we have the site up its up to the rest of us to spread the word out there:

Save the Victory!! www.savethevictory.org!!

7. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow! this is great!
    Now as 1906ers,is there any particular plan how the word will be spread ?

I think we should get an endorment from the SSV on this,I'm sure there will be many followers of the proyect if we can get that type of endorment.

GO VICS !! :cool:

8. IceFunk

IceFunk Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Beaverton, Oregon
    I've already spread a lot of the word on facebook, however the site seems to be down right now, probably not the best timing as we are trying to spread the word :(.

9. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ice Funk your typing in savethevictory.com NOT savethevictory.org

Just corrected your post on USL Discussions about it

10. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    I have also been posting messeges about this all over the net, good luck to you

11. walkingcity

walkingcity Member

May 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ive been looking all over the place there are posts about this on every single medium-large US soccer forums that i know of, and i'm working on getting a shout out for monday on World Soccer Daily

12. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've told about it on myspace...

13. walkingcity

walkingcity Member

May 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. PDXTimber

PDXTimber New Member

Aug 31, 2007
    PDX
    Signed up last night. I'm wishing for the best (also a stake in two football teams):D.
    Also, did anybody show this to the USL. Maybe if they knew what was going on they might take more of an interest in the problems.

15. IceFunk

IceFunk Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Beaverton, Oregon
    don't worry, I only posted savethevictory.com on one site, and I corrected it.

Is there a council made up so you guys can present this motion to companies/investors that may be interested? I mean people who can buy more than 10 or more shares. I mean I expect myself to buy 1 share, however getting 20,000 people to do that will be tough. However getting some investors to buy 10,20,30 shares, after a while it will add up.

Luckily the Bay Area market is huge, and for all we know, maybe it will take all of 2008 to do this, and the Vics won't enter until 2009. Anyway, here's to the San Francisco Vics in 2009!

16. Hed7181

Hed7181 Member

Jul 1, 2003
    VA Beach, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this project for real? I know you guys are serious about it and it's very exciting, but I mean from a financial standpoint, what are we looking at here?

Will there be an actual corporation or financial institution to invest money into? What about financial numbers and projections? Monthly, Quarterly, Annual statements?

This is wildly exciting to think about, but I do have a lot of questions.

17. walkingcity

walkingcity Member

May 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trying to finally register but it won't accept my email address is there a problem with the registration?

19. unother

unother Member

Apr 11, 2001
    BK NY US
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Try a different email address if you can. It is a bit quirky with "strange" email addresses...

20. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    really was weird it said it didn't take but I got the confirmation email, so all is good.

21. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, we just got this response from Tim Holt VP of USL:

Thanks for the note and we are certainly aware of & appreciate the
    initiative.

USL Management is simultaneously working to identify an ownership group that is capable of owning/operating the franchise in San Francisco, however time is short with respect to our need to make decisions involving the 2008 season. We will keep working at it until we find a solution or no longer have the luxury of time before fixing the 2008 alignment.

We sincerely appreciate the continued and active efforts of the supporters, especially the ones who are involved in the initiative to save the club.

Regards,
    Tim

22. wellington

wellington Member

Jun 4, 1999
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How are things progressing with savethevictory.org? I just signed up and was curious how many other people had signed up and what the next step was.

23. walkingcity

walkingcity Member

May 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey wellington, things are coming along, there have been a couple press inquiries, but the next step is to help reach a target amount then we will start accepting membership payments, we will be sending out an email to people signed up so far in a few days with some updates, don't forget to check the site for news

24. sjsuvc2

sjsuvc2 Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Corvallis , Oregon
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey i live in san jose and am very excited to see the quakes back. im a quakes and frogs fan but i still want to see the vics stay in sf. i think its great to have so many soccer teams in the bay and am looking foward to buy into the team in fact i told my two bros and da about this and they all want to buy into it to plus my two cousins and there dads want too to. so i cant wait till ic an finaly say hey i own a part of the vics. and im only 17. =). i didnt go to a game this season but thats because i havent gotten my license but next season imma be driving and i plan to spend my weekends going to soccer games one weekend watching the quakes when there out of town going to vics or frog games. when portland and seattle come into town imma espicaly going to be there for the vics games since i got family who are fans of those team.s

25. IceFunk

IceFunk Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Beaverton, Oregon
    great to know Holt knows, and that the word is spreading. Let's keep it up.