Saudi Arabia vs Oman [R] Pre/Dur/Post Match

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by acecode47, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yes I think Waleed is above 190cm. No worries about Waleed, he is a good goalie and as time goes by he just gets better and gains more experience.

2. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yet they still couldn't beat us :)

I think the difference between their team and ours is that they have a world class coach, while our team has been practically without a coach for almost a year. I mean apart from picking the team-sheet and making the substitutions (and we're not 100% sure it's not Sultan who's making them), I don't think Al-Johar has any tactical or strategic input.

3. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    what happneed to kharirir have not seen the guy play for a while

4. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Saud Khariri?

He played in the final.

5. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    yeah..he did..but i guess i did not make my question clear...why is he not a first choice anymore..I used to like his game.

6. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    We have to many DMs.

7. adelo

adelo Member

May 9, 2007
    Mother of Pigeons
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    To be honest, I think a lot of criticism that Al-Johar gets is unwarranted. I mean when you bring a coach and tell him that you are a temp. and you will leave by such date, what do you expect him to do, especially in the "Yes, 6al 3omrak" culture? Al-Johar's main weakness is the midfield, but in order to organize that for a NT you may need more than 1 yr, and will certainly lose in the beginning. But he is not permitted to lose (Hint: Paqueta, Calderon, Maccala, .....). We never gave them a chance to finish their job.

He is a caretaker coach and will continue to coach as such, and we should not expect anything more.

8. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sultan has stated time and again that Nasser Al-Johar is ga3id 3ala gloobna and is not just a "care-taker." And I think it's correct to criticize him for taking on a job he's obviously not qualified for. He picked a 26-man squad without a single left-sided midfielder for God's sake! Also his insistence on using the slow and ineffectual Abdoh Otaif and Ahmad Al-Fraidy instead of Ahmad Al-Mousa, Al-Nemri, and A. Qahtani cost us dearly.

9. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Whatever happened to Mohamed Al-Shalhoob? Is he injured?

10. adelo

adelo Member

May 9, 2007
    Mother of Pigeons
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Well, Pr. Sultan did say that Al-Johar will guide us through the qualifiers only, and will be replaced whether we qualify or not.

And as for taking a job he is not qualified for, everyone does that (career advancement, ambition ...). Plus he had already done that with the team in the WC2002 qualifications. We had 1 pt. from two games before he took over. Since then, he guided us to 5 victories and 1 tie, thus topping the group. He had also won a GC. So he had reason to believe that he is qualified to do a job he had already succeeded in.

Anyway, the blame should not go to him. It should go to whoever hired him. And that goes for every coach that gets sacked.

11. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    This is why the FA Is CRAP. Imagine Johar taking saudi arabia to the world cup, and creating chemistry for the team, will they still remove him? I remember calderon caching. and how he lead saudi arabia to the world cup. but becasue of a micky mouse tournmanet that i think calderon was using to imprve the squad rather than win it, he gets sacked

I say the FA does not know how t play things smart