Alert: Saputo stadium's supporter sanctions

Discussion in 'Montreal Impact' started by Trident, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Trident

Trident Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Montreal
  2. Padrino86

Padrino86 Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    really lame. If they dont turn their decision around they just lost a season ticket holder for next season.

3. Padrino86

Padrino86 Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nevermind, it looks like it's league sanction. Really ********ing pissed off right now.

4. mtlve

mtlve Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    care to explain whats going on lol?

5. MTL_Club

MTL_Club Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    I was close to the supporter section during that game. Somebody threw a bottle right on the Toronto goalkeeeper head toward the end of the game. Other objects have also been thrown in the penalty box. The impact also didnt like the flare that was started.

Therefore they will put a net behind the goal. They will ban flag if another flare is lit and will give a $150 fine to the supporter funds if one is started and the person will be banned from the stadium for a certain time.

Don't know how you call it in english, but the gas colored blue that they use is now also forbidden.

6. mtlve

mtlve Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    wow wtf....

i have season tickets and no joke its the ultras that make it fun... no more flares? and the net again? all from one stupid idiot.

7. Trident

Trident Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Montreal
    No flags vs new england.

8. THE OUTFIT

THE OUTFIT Member

Dec 19, 2011
    South Shore
    Club:
    AEK Athens
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    You gotta be frecking kidding me from what source say it ain't do?

9. Padrino86

Padrino86 Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Where did you hear that from?

That would seriously suck..

10. Trident

Trident Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Montreal
    I heard it from the message the club sent us after the game.

11. mtlve

mtlve Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    this is getting insane....

12. THE OUTFIT

THE OUTFIT Member

Dec 19, 2011
    South Shore
    Club:
    AEK Athens
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It's the flipping supporter section not the familly picnic section why don't they kill off all our privileges,im telling you our players fed off our vocal and especially visual support v the crew in the comeback win what are we suppost to do sit on hands.

I really hope it's only a one game ban because my impact rep. is gonna get an earfull.

13. Montreal Monty

Feb 6, 2010
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    ya because throwing things on the field and at players and lighting torches in a packed grandstand is necessary to enjoy a soccer match... NOT! Smarten up Ultras...

14. mtlve

mtlve Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    First off the guys that were throwing things were not the ultras

as for the flares... i love them but i can understand if they are not allowed anymore.
    Smoke on the other hand should be allowed

15. Montreal Monty

Feb 6, 2010
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    And the reaction isn't specifically targeted to the Ultras either - general safety is the issue. Players must be able to feel protected from the yahoos who do throw things, and other fans as well. Also... don't you think that any flares or smoke bombs create an exposure to liability against the Impact and MLS? They have to mitigate this risk, regardless of whether the Ultras like it or not. Its business and most people are reasonable enough to recognize this.

16. THE OUTFIT

THE OUTFIT Member

Dec 19, 2011
    South Shore
    Club:
    AEK Athens
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Exactly it was one ballon head that sanctioned these ridiculous bans and excuse me your not in a opera house it's a football match and if a flag or flare is troublesome then by all means change ********ing section go join the zone familiale, trying to silence and kill the one thing that bring passion and heart from true fans really smart.

Taking these things away so we can accommodate mr And miss x who will come to 1 match and never come back again.

Kudos!!!!

17. mtlve

mtlve Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    exactly. the flares and flags are crazy yes, but the people who are in "danger" of them WANT to be in that section. no one is forced to sit in the supporters section.. i have been to many soccer games in italy and montreal is as safe as it gets

18. Montreal Monty

Feb 6, 2010
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    aaahh, I see... so Ultras or anyone else who is foolhardy enough to sit in the supporters section will not be bothered if they take 60 stitches on their skull, or their arm catches fire... they knew what they were getting into! p.s. Will they also be happy to sign a waiver that releases MLS and IMFC from any liability? Maybe we should ask the opposing goalie to sign the same waiver :)

19. Montreal Monty

Feb 6, 2010
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The "one thing"? And I thought it was the love of soccer, not hooliganism!!!

20. Montreal Monty

Feb 6, 2010
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Sooo, this is your business model:
    Allow the 1,500 fanatics to run amock at each game, while not considering the safety and comfort of the 18,500 Mr. and Miss X's who would otherwise fill the remaining seats? Hmmm... I think you've taken one too many vuvuzella blows to the 'Ballon'...

21. mtlve

mtlve Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lol i can't take people on this site anymore

22. Montreal Monty

Feb 6, 2010
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    what, no counter-point? I was hoping to hear your rational explanation of why we should be allowed to throw things at the keeper...

23. THE OUTFIT

THE OUTFIT Member

Dec 19, 2011
    South Shore
    Club:
    AEK Athens
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This isent Warsaw my friend running a muck hardly will try and keep it civilized for the rest of public,you will never understand what an ultra is and the hard work that they we put in not just in $$$ heart and soul to push our club forward, and the faces of mr and miss x when we leave the stadium and thank us for a job well done is priceless.

24. Montreal Monty

Feb 6, 2010
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    That's all well & good (if I understood properly), but it doesn't address the risk to the public of extreme behaviour.

p.s. while not an 'Ultra', I am a devoted fan of the IMFC, and am in favour of anything that allows them to succeeed, within reason.

25. mtlve

mtlve Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lolz
    yes i think we should be allowed to throw stuff at the keeper! com on man.

all im saying is if the people around the flares and flags don't mind it and are not scared so why should they not be allowed because the guy across the stadium finds it dangerous.... and you know what maybe they should sign something not to hold anyone responsible. Evryone i speak to says the flares and flags of the ultras make the game. i look around at the stadium and half the people are watching the ultras instead of the game