Santos vs Club America in USA

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by babaoh, Oct 23, 2003.

1. babaoh

babaoh Member

May 27, 2003
    Does anyone know about the Santos game in Texas against Club America in November? Is Santos playing any other games in the US?

2. ThrashBoy

ThrashBoy New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Tuesday, November 18 at Sun Bowl Stadium in El Paso, Texas.

Tickets are available through Ticketmaster.

From what I'm seeing, this is their only U.S. appearance on this trip.

3. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This is during the World Cup qualifying week - November 14- November 19

This likely means Diego and Renato will not be with Santos but rather with the national team.

4. ThrashBoy

ThrashBoy New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Good, now I won't feel so bad for not being able to go to the game.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Mexican channels shows the game on tape delay a few days afterwards (since Televisa owns America and they show almost every one of their games, including friendlies against other well-known clubs).

5. babaoh

babaoh Member

May 27, 2003
    did you mean Robinho? Do you think Brazil will select Robinho and Diego for their games?

6. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Robinho sucks with the national team

7. ThrashBoy

ThrashBoy New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Yeah, he's had so many opportunities to prove himself.
    Let's see, other than the Gold Cup, he's had a whopping ZERO caps.
    I think you should wait until he plays with the big boys until you can form an educated opinion about his abilities.

8. ThrashBoy

ThrashBoy New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Diego is most likely a definite, but Robinho hasn't been getting call-ups lately.
    Elano and Renato (both Santos) got called up for the first two qualifiers, but the main reason Elano was called up was because Ronaldinho Gaucho was suspended for the first game, so don't be surprised if he is left off the team.

Robinho has struggled most of the Brasileirao, but he's been playing better lately (two goals Wednesday at Bahia). I think a lot of his struggles are because he's had so many different partners up front this season.
    Ricardo Oliveira (Valencia) and Nene (Mallorca) were both sold to Spain earlier this season, so now William (!!!) is back up front, and they've been on a tear recently.

9. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Re: Re: Santos vs Club America in USA

Last night we had an exciting round in the Brasileirão. The best match of the round: Bahia 4 x 7 Santos. Amazing game!!! 1x0, then 1x1, 1x2, 2x2, 2x3, 3x3, end of the first half. Then 4x3, 4x4, 4x5, 4x6, 4x7. HOHOHO!!!! Robinho and Diego had the devil in their bodies! Both scored twice! Robinho was the MVP. He´s playing very well!

10. ThrashBoy

ThrashBoy New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Re: Re: Re: Santos vs Club America in USA

You don't have to remind me. Even though I'm here in the outskirts of Atlanta, I still follow every Santos game religiously.

Too bad that game had to be in Salvador, because I would have loved to been at Vila Belmiro for a game like that.
    The game I was at was August 6 vs. Atletico-Mineiro. 3-3 with four red cards. Santos came back from 2-0 down at the half to take the lead late, but then gave up a cheap goal in the waning moments. All in all, an amazing game and one of the best of the season (so says other Santos fans).

11. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Robinho again. Two goals. Santos 4 x 0 Coritiba.

p.s.

I´m not a Santos supporter. I´m a fan of good football. And they play really well.

12. Evilinho

Evilinho New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Braz'iu
    this is one of the dumbest things i have seen so far in my time posting. robinho has never even played with full selecao players. how in the hell can anyone say that he sucks? he was average with the sub 23 team in us and mexico but even then he is a 17-18 yr old on that team! he hit a down turn but has returned to scoring goals

"Robinho again. Two goals. Santos 4 x 0 Coritiba.

p.s.

I´m not a Santos supporter. I´m a fan of good football. And they play really well."

yes thank-you neovox for proving the point.

13. MathuzaLem

MathuzaLem New Member

May 30, 2003
    SP, Brazil
    Robinho is playing a great soccer in a past rounds... the 2 last rounds he was the mvp and scored 2 goals in each game...

About the NT players, Diego, Renato and Alex might be in the NT.

Elano, I doubt, he just went that time 'cos ronaldinho couldn't play...

about robinho, I wouldn't be surprised if Parreira call him up, he is crushing everygame and he is playing as the last year's robinho....