Santini's Successor - Names In the Frame

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by jumhed, Nov 5, 2004.

1. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    I totally agree prk166 & chris

David Pleat was quoted as saying "Just because Arsene Wenger has been successful here, I don't think clubs should go foreign all the time. You have to understand how football works over here. Having Frank as sporting director is a very brave gamble"

I dont think having Frank here is a gamble at all. He gives the club a new vision which they haven't had for a long time.

2. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hansen cracks me up, he was tipping us to be relegated at the start of the season. He decided he hated this setup and wants it to fail, just as he hated the thought of Ferguson playing a team with a core of youngsters and tipped them to fail years ago only to see them win the league that year.

I would be far more worried if he was tipping us to do ok given his track record.

As it is it's right that a Director of Football and Manager setup is a joke and doomed to failure. But we don't have that anymore, that was the Pleat and Hoddle/Graham thing, now we have a Technical Director and a Head Coach, a far more clearer and established way of working. Not only that but we have two people in those positions who have spent their careers working with it and know it inside out.

3. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

David Pleat understands footbal over here, and he's rubbish!