Santini Resigns

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by nicephoras, Nov 5, 2004.

1. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    The only thing that could make Santini quit would be family reasons. My guess is his wife or something.

2. schoolofscience

schoolofscience New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    philadelphia
    bwa hahahaha...thats...you know..hilarious.

ahhh...want me to show a comparison of titles and milestones?

as you well know, you have no right to mock dc united with a record like yours.

small time. and you know it.

my mrs LOVES your strips though.

houllier in!

nick.

3. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver

Titles and milestones? Oh, so you were alive when Dixie Dean was plying his trade at Goodison?

4. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    That would be quite cool actually. Sir Bobby is the don. Be good to see him in London.

Most bookies take odds on first manager to leave / resign / be sacked in the season. Is Santini the first? Wonder what the odds were. Musta been long for sure.

5. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    what the hell? Please Martin O'Neil...

6. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    I think after a few games it was Keegan that the bookies thought would be sacked first.

Can't wait to see the action on BetFair.

7. Malkamus

Malkamus New Member

Jan 24, 2002
    well that came out of the blue. obviously there are more important things than football and if its really serious, I'll forgive him -- but if its just 'he can't get himself settled' and his wife is in his ear I have a bit of a problem -- at least wait it out until the end of the season, I mean you can hire someone to find a house for you on his wages -- now we are left in the lurch again.

I'd love to see Martin O'Neil however...he was my first pick last time around.

8. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    I dont think Martin O'Neill is the type of person who would walk out of Celtic during the season but at the end of the season he may think he has done all he can with Celtic so we will have to wait for another 6/7 months

9. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Hitzfield??????

Cursh hasn't left Charlton yet. Would he really leave for Spurs?

10. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Double ... I must say that this is uncalled for. DC United has never been in any way cross to Spurs. Please don't drag the team playing for the Eastern Conference Championship tomorrow into this. Former Spurs target Piotr Nowak has the team playing quite well. He may be an Everton supporter, but don't drag DC United into it please.

-Digital

11. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm upset and shocked by this

We're coming the laughing stock in english football :mad: :mad: :mad:

12. Malkamus

Malkamus New Member

Jan 24, 2002
  13. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
  14. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    Why not? He has more experience than most people being linked, he speaks good English & won the Champions League twice with Borussia Dortmund & Bayern Munich

15. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I agree. And would he want to uproot and move now given his wife's health situation?

16. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    What club have I walked into?? LOL

17. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You won't believe this man, some of the idiot bookies started off with Jol as far out as 12/1 !!!!!! Talk about a license to print money, so straight away a load of people started lumping on him big-style, unfortunately I was away and couldn't get in on the action until it was too late and the bookies had slashed his odds right down :(

18. chriswalk27

chriswalk27 New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Dalton Georgia

Whoever said gambling didn't pay never saw those odds. :)

Can't believe it was more than 3 to 1 odds to be honest since almost everyone knew Frank wanted Jol all along.