San Jose - Los Angeles W.C. Semi Game 2 (Sun., 11/9) pregame/during-game thread [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And, oh yeah, one other thing.....

No rules.

2. fairquake

fairquake New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Fairfield
    Quakes vs. Galaxians

Hey anybody notice there's a poll on Yahoo Sports (MLS) on whether the Quakes can come back against LaLa land? It's over 65% against our homeboys at this point per the poll. Vote if you care.

3. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    San Jose - Los Angeles W.C. Semi Game 2 (Sunday, 11/9) pregame thread

I'm not sure they know how to work together...but I'm 99% certain that the Blue Crew's key crowd-worker-upper will be in the house, and if there are any fans to get worked up, she can get them going (remember the last 10 minutes of the last LA fixture?).

4. ThePenguin

ThePenguin New Member

Nov 4, 2003

The person you are referring to is my friend and she will be in the HOUSE. I know she can make a crowd get loud, I have been to many CAL games. She is the best YELL LEADER at CAL. Her and the rest of BLUE CREW will need your support. So to crowd: IF THE BLUE CREW STARTS A CHEERS, CHEER BACK. This is not a game to be sitting on your BUTTS, lifeless.

THIS IS GOING TO BE A BATTLE. GET READY! I mean BE READY! I'm ready to lose my voice, R U?

GO QUAKES!

5. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone

She's the best we've ever had...for certain! And now she's bringing in fans from across the country...KATE, YOU ROCK!

6. ThePenguin

ThePenguin New Member

Nov 4, 2003

I DON'T CARE FOR POLLS!

WE NEVER WHEN POLLS, IF WE DID, THEN WE WOULD HAVE AT LEAST WON ONE GOAL OF THE WEEK POLL. WE DIDN'T.

MY FRIENDS OUT HERE IN INDIANA, WANT TO SEE THE QUAKES AND THE FIRE IN THE FINAL. (a majority of my friends are FIRE fans). They would rather see the TRUE EASTERN AND WESTERN CHAMPIONS playing in the final.

I THINK MORE PEOPLE WANT US TO ADVANCE. THEY DON'T WANT TO SEE THE GALAXY WIN. MY FRIENDS HATE THE GALAXY.

I BELIEVE THE SUPPORT IS THERE, WE NEED TO SHOW THE GUYS ON SUNDAY. MAKE YOUR SIGNS, PREPARE YOUR VOICES. JUST BRING IT.

JUST BELIEVE!!!!
    WORK HARD, PLAY HARD, BEAT LA!!!!
    GO QUAKES!

7. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone

That's one wound up Penguin...ain't he?

8. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: San Jose - Los Angeles W.C. Semi Game 2 (Sunday, 11/9) pregame thread

I WANT TO GO TO THE GAME!!

Go Quakes!

9. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone

Hey, Penguin! Think you can swing through Texas and pick-up StillKickin on your way?

10. fairquake

fairquake New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Fairfield

Yeah i'm bringin' my tribe of LA haters out there. Mark Connelly on MLSnet.com is picking the Quakes to win in OT. Tino has us losing 2 - 1 on aggregate.

11. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:D

12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone

Is that The Penguin's Waltz Across Texas?

15. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: San Jose - Los Angeles W.C. Semi Game 2 (Sunday, 11/9) pregame thread

If only they could swing around and get William in Oz, they'd be Waltzing Matilda.
    As far as you're comments about Kate, may I brag and go on record as being the first to say that she was as good as Krazy Georg , just needed the drum. Give her that and she'll be even better than Loco Jorge (Oh, hell, she's better than him already).

16. mitquinn

mitquinn Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Tiebreaker Sunday

What is the tiebreaker if the aggregate goals are tied?

Is it like Champions League, where away goals count double? If so, we're in trouble if we let LA get one in the net.

17. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    Tiebreaker Sunday

FIFA overtime with golden goal. Away goals do not count double.

That's the only home field advantage we get...to host the overtime period, if necessary.

18. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: San Jose - Los Angeles W.C. Semi Game 2 (Sunday, 11/9) pregame thread

Careful, or I may have to break into song. :)

Nice to be thought of, and consider me as there in spirit, as always.

19. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool beans. Big Troy's in.

Now I won't have to edit my proposed lineup again. :)

21. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That $1,500 fine is one of the larger ones I've seen in MLS in a while. Sucks for Troy. But I'd love to see the incident on tape. It was probably just inadvertent contact followed by the Fish flopping around on the ground in supreme agony for at least a minute... :)

22. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our guys really have to suck it up. We can second guess the coaches and players all week long (and we have), but the players are going to have to play smart, and play their hearts out if they want to win. And that's what it's going to take.

Wish I could make it to the game, but I can't. :(

That's some dedication for Penguin making it from Indiana. Wow.

My wife and I will be watching up here in the Pacific Northwet. I really want our guys to win this one, even if we get taken out by KC next week, at least we will have vanquished the evil stinking galactofilth.

And I disagree strongly with whoever said that Lagos should be in the starting eleven. Just can't go with that. We're going to need some speed on Sunday. I say:

- - - - - - Onstad
    Roner - Dayak - Robinson - Dunivant
    Mullan - Mulrooney - Ekelund - Russell
    - - - - - - Walker - - - Dononvan

Roner is not going to cost us the match in back, if he does, it's because the rest of the guys in front of him didn't get it done. We need some speed, craftiness, and goal scoring ability up front and that means that Mullan has to be on the right wing, not in back. Naturally, we play Walker and Donovan at the forward spots. If Faria starts, we are in deep doo doo. Russell has been pretty good in his last several outtings, so I'm not at all concerned about playing him on the left. Again, his speed will help neutralize Torres on that side. Robinson in for Agoos. That second goal last week was Jeff's fault. El Pedito was his mark and Jeff didn't mark that filth-sucking fish.

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark
    Still Angry!

23. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ROTFLMAO. Oh, I would like to see it, too. Doesn't seem to be any love lost between Troy and El Pescash!tto. :)

24. chacarita

chacarita New Member

Jul 1, 2003
    Newport Beach
    Good News?

Ok, so mlsnet has released the top three finalists for MLS MVP and guess what....Donovan was not on the list! Now, will this give Donovan a little more incentive to have an awesome game and from there an unforgetable post season? I remember that there was something that was written that said Donovan was going to prove that he was the league MVP to tommy smyth (not worth the caps). So, I hope that Landon can prove everyone wrong and just kill the yellow brick road crew. I think that there will be a little more motivation there for him. Lets hope so!

25. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Landon shouldn't be in need of extra motivation. He has to see this weekend's match as the most important of the season. Every player on the squad should be playing for pride and self-respect. They have to pound the cheating, stinking, water-stealing, smog-breathing galactofilth at least 3 to nil. AT Least!!

They should not require any additional incentive. Over course if they need some, they might consider that the new coach is going to watch this tape very closely.

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark