Post-match: San Jose Earthquakes - Real Salt Lake "Round of 16" (Monday, 7/27) postgame thread [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jul 27, 2020.

1. 2in10

2in10 Member+

LA Galaxy, Internazionale
    United States
    Jun 19, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team looks crisper and quicker in attack this year from what I have seen in the tourney so far. The CBs are definitely the weakest link of the team. Hopefully the rest of the team stays helping Wondo score.

2. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, the team looks sharper, better coordinated. They are finding each other better than the first two games this season. Also, we’re back to the 4-5-1, which I thought would be a help, and clearly it looks that way.

Go Quakes!!
    Go Reno!!

- Mark

2in10 repped this.
  3. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The MLS Disciplinary Committee has suspended Real Salt Lake's Kyle Beckerman an additional match and fined him an undisclosed amount following a review of his red card offense in a match Monday, July 27 against the San Jose Earthquakes, the committee announced on Thursday.

The incident took place at the conclusion of the game. After a whistle stopping play, Beckerman kicked the ball at referee Drew Fischer, resulting in his dismissal and a mandatory one-game suspension. He will now miss RSL's next two regular season games.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020...eal-salt-lakes-kyle-beckerman-additional-game

QuakeAttack and 2in10 repped this.
  4. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Can't imagine RSL will contest that.

5. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Yeah, that seems awful lenient. Didn’t Almeyda get two extra games for just touching 4th official?

2in10, TyffaneeSue and SoccerMan94043 repped this.
  6. davidjd

davidjd Member+

Jun 30, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He had more issues in that altercation including trying to put blame on his translator, getting into it with a fan, and refusing to leave immediately if I recall.

markmcf8 and bsman repped this.
  7. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yeah - that was a whole goat rodeo...

8. davidjd

davidjd Member+

Jun 30, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still laughing remembering him try to claim that the translator was the one who actually said those things so he should be the one to leave. Then he just stood there like he was completely innocent. Nice try. Good comedy.