Post-match: San Jose Earthquakes - New York City FC (Friday, 8/5) postgame thread [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The final score is:

[​IMG] 0 - 0 [​IMG]

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :(

-G

P.S. = Please don't post results of other soccer (including MLS) games and other sports' games in this thread until at least 24 hours after they've ended.

2. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Quakes tying their way to a slow painful death.

3. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I like our new guy. Should have been subbed in earlier for FatAl.

Wondo, that was painful.

My motm, Godoy.

4. staudio

staudio Member+

Mar 7, 2008
    Marin
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so painful to watch...:mad:

inept tepid offense...wondo sucked, QA sucked, Dawkins (a DP who is subbed out at half? injury?) sucked...and was our Ferrari driving million dollar striker even at the game?

thought Stewart and the rest of the backline did a good job.....

please baby jesus get Doyle the hell out of there....

and next week they play on the crappy plastic field in Vancouver....god help us....:cry:

Beerking and QuietType repped this.
  5. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Clearly Salazar is too toothless to give out cards. We need a referee who isn't afraid to send off two of our guys

6. tenfourteen

tenfourteen Member

Sep 30, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That game ended with zero of our dps on the pitch. This is pretty pathetic.

Beerking repped this.
  7. soccerbone

soccerbone Member+

Apr 12, 2002
    Los Altos, Ca
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dim I mean Dom is a garbage coach now. I'm fairly certain based on our lack of finishing and pregame warmup of "only let Quincy and Wondo shoot" that the coach is not focusing on shooting drills.

I am very sad he brought his 1-0 0-0 1-1 crappy brand to San Jose.

He is horrible at adapting, has no plan B and doesn't realize when you need a goal you can take a DEFENSIVE player out and put an OFFENSIVE player in.

I also can't wait until we don't have to depend on Wondo anymore. Its up to our coach to change that mindset but the league has passed him by.

QuietType, markmcf8 and TyffaneeSue repped this.
  8. bpc

bpc Member+

Jul 21, 1999
    Silicon Valley
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Back from the game. NY brought a lot of energy which made things interesting. The Quakes certainly got into the box and had their chances. I don't know what the total Shots On Target was, but it was disappointingly sucky. I probably would have been happy with the game earlier in the season. But no one has any use for ties at this point. And our goal scoring is pretty anemic.

9. tenfourteen

tenfourteen Member

Sep 30, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    This team is in need of some offensive spark and yet Tommy is languishing on the bench. Why isn't Dom playing him at all? And why isn't Doyle and the FO pressuring Dom to play him? Why didn't the FO aggressively find some offense during the transfer window. I swear they'll use the ASG prep as an excuse. Haven't they heard of multitasking?

QuietType, JazzyJ and SJTillIDie repped this.
  10. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    How can a guy with zero goals or assists in a three year career be an offensive spark?

11. tenfourteen

tenfourteen Member

Sep 30, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    When he's the only creative offensive player on the bench...

12. due time

due time Member+

Mar 1, 1999
    Santa Clara
    The point of soccer is to create goals. Exactly what does TT create?

In the back of my mind during this game, I had this little thought in the back of mind. Just keep nibbling away at my consciousness....what if we had a million dollar goal scorer...what a difference that would make on this team...if only....if only...but who would that be?

13. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    We are still relying on an aging forward, apparently on the steep backside of his career, for goals. And it's not working. But our problem is not just Wondo. How many players on our team had chances tonight and blew them? At least five by my recollection. I think Saunders had to make one real save; the rest of the time he was saved by our collective ineptitude.

Unrelated to the game: twice I had to deal with people who were trying to take away one of our seats. The second time the woman insisted she'd just sit there until we wanted it back. Fine, if someone without a ticket wants to sit in the moat, but hang out in the patio, don't make us have to beg for seats we paid for. And then there were a couple of guys who stood at the front of the section for about 10 minutes near the end of the game. At least they seemed to be Earthquakes fans.

In another unrelated observation, I noticed that NYwas not diving. It may be the first team we've played this year where players routinely go down and beg for calls. I saw that happen maybe once, and the player didn't even try that hard to get a call.

14. futurequakekeeper

Feb 14, 2008
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was at the game. I was looking at the ball. I saw a kid make a save that Bingham would be drooling over.
    I saw wondo hoof a shot.

Speaking of Wondo, I've said it before, I'll say it again, he is over paid and rubbish.
    He took WAYYYYY to long on that one on one with col.Saunders. a sitting header is also missed.
    The guy doesn't have it. He's riding that one season high he had many moons ago. He is not worth even 200k at the most anymore. Benchwarmer material, against a toothless NYCFC squad.
    We play too much down the wings and cross it in to no one, because literally only two people were in the box.

I don't know, my JV team could finish better than that, they could also make better passes into the box. I'll take over the coaching position, at this point, it couldn't possibly hurt us any more, could it?
    Just a mess...Everything about that game was a bit of a mess. No wonder everyone congregates in the LOBINA, there is really nothing to watch on the pitch. If anyone wants to pay $20 to see a football match, our season starts in November, I'm sure for $20 a bunch of 14-16 year old boys could give you more bang for your buck....Just saying.

15. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    After Barret went in for Quincy, we basically had no attacking fire power left on the bench. TT was the closest thing available and that tells you how our team is built.

We got rid of 2 offensive players and acquired a DM.

The defenders and midfielders did their job fine tonight. It was the forwards who didn't get the job done. And we barely have any options in that department.

Fire Doyle!

16. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That was pretty dire. We looked awful and the team of aging millionaires looked just as bad. I referreed three U19 games toady at the Sporting Invitational today, and at least four of those teams showed way more skill than what we were treated to tonight. I was just sorry that Jason didn't have one of those WTF moments he always used to have for us.

Beerking, QuietType, John Jussen and 2 others repped this.
  17. nihon2000

nihon2000 Member

Oct 14, 2008
    San Jose
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the game atmosphere on the ground level was good; while the game atmosphere on the 2nd tier is terrible.
    Anyone else notice this difference?

18. nihon2000

nihon2000 Member

Oct 14, 2008
    San Jose
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lucky us; we earned another point at home. Hooray!!

19. nihon2000

nihon2000 Member

Oct 14, 2008
    San Jose
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone notice that Innocent didn't make the 18 tonight?
    I'm starting to feel bad for the guy with the transfer window closing.

20. nihon2000

nihon2000 Member

Oct 14, 2008
    San Jose
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know if any media outlets have reported on innocent's current situation?

21. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you kind of just argued against your own point. Is Dom a bad coach or was it lack of finishing by the players? Dom had a good game plan the last two games but our players could not finish. We generated quite a few quality chances against houston. I also really liked our high press tactics tonight, they worked very well. In the end, the players have to find a way to finish some of those quality chances that we keep creating.

chris thebassplayer and Bird repped this.
  22. nihon2000

nihon2000 Member

Oct 14, 2008
    San Jose
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Find a way? Have you checked our team and player stats recently? Same old same old.

Beerking repped this.
  23. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have the shooting prowess of a U-15 team. Amerikwa and Dawkins both phoned it in tonight. It was no surprise Salinas came in, they felt he could run by an aging Jason Hernandez. Wondo was sub par. The fact that Alashe went out was fine, he was totally spent, but, we should have put in an offensive midfielder, (TT) instead of a d-mid who has only been here a day or two. Another example of Kinnear playing not to lose. Defensively we were pretty solid. I might agree with the Ceren subbing if this was a road game, but we need to play to win at home. Totally inexcusable. Kinnear is a chickensh*t.

Beerking and QuietType repped this.
  24. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The Earthquakes these days remind me of the Orphans gang in The Warriors -- pathetic.

Beerking and tenfourteen repped this.
  25. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uhh, what else is new? I am actually feeling bad for us with the transfer window closed.

markmcf8 repped this.