San Jose - Dallas (Saturday, 9/27) pregame/during-game thread [R]

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    San Jose - Dallas (Saturday, 9/27) pregame thread

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Will San Jose terrify the current Western cellar-dwellers away from an upset victory?

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Will Dallas horrify yet another Conference-leading squad into a surprising loss?

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp The Earthquakes giving the visitors' winning hopes a cardiac arrest? The Burn shocking the hosts' systems with an unexpected triumph?

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Discuss.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp GO EARTHQUAKES!!! :(

-G

2. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    -----------------Saunders-----------
    weibel---crazy george---yallop----duni
    russel---rikter--------jose clash---baicher
    ----------ching--------faria----------

4-1 Quakes

Faria (3), Crazy George (1), Onstad OG.

3. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmmm. Dallas seems to have got a shot of adrenalin over the loss of Coach Mike Jefferies as you can see in the 2-0 over Chicago. If the Quakes play with the intensity they demonstrated yesterday they will win. The question is how much the Jefferies ejection will do for Dallas: Make it something like Quakes 3, Dallas 2? Or is the injection worthless and with Saturday's verve Quakes win 6-0? This has just become harder to predict.

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not just Jeffries leaving. Dallas has been improving the last month. They now have 3 new very fast attackers to go with the suddenly hustling Eddie Johnson. Remember how Landon took about the first half of his first season to start really clicking? Eddie is starting to look like this year is the year he figures it out. That doesn't mean the Burn win. If the defense plays like yesterday they have a chance. If they play like most of the year they have no chance. Maybe this game they will mark Donovan when he is in the box as that works real good for every other team. BTW, one of the contenders for the Burn job is your assistant Kinnear. How much of your success is he responsible for? We don't need another assistant riding the coattails of a good head coach.

5. Toffees_rule

Toffees_rule New Member

Feb 11, 2000
    SFSU
    5-0 Quakes

Donovan 9, 25, 73
    Ekelund 43
    Derosario 51

6. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Dallas has played very well in the last two matches against two very good teams in Colorado and Chicago. We would do well not to under-estimate them at this time or it could come back to bite us on the ass. Also, we haven't been playing that well at home lately so we need to be sharp.

7. helmet

helmet New Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Jose
    Bring a Friend

It's official Club Quake bring a friend night. So if you're a member bring a friend to this game with your free ticket. Even if you're not a member bring a friend.

8. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    Re: Bring a Friend

Does that mean we aren't allowed to bring friends to other games?

9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Bring a Friend

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Only if you bring them unofficially.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp GO EARTHQUAKES!!! :(

-G

10. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes, that is correct.

11. Rumbler

Rumbler New Member

Feb 6, 2003
    San Jose

My brother and I are going to bring a couple of kegs to the tailgate before the game. Our family business is catering and we have some beer left, so we'll share it with all of you at no charge since it's already been paid for. Bottoms up to the team!!

12. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Bring a Friend

Bring as many friends as possible to any and all games. :)

13. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: San Jose - Dallas (Saturday, 9/27) pregame thread

We are all most grateful. Is Tim Hanley our guest (or one of them) at this next tailgate? :)

14. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm looking for a breakout game at home. Yes Dallas has been playing better of late, but if the Quakes play like they did in KC they will rimind Dallas of who's at the top of the table and who's at the bottom! :D

15. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, I look for us to totally dominate Dallas, and not because of anything related to Dallas, but rather it's a comment Landon made after the KC win. Something about how Frank had told them basically they could walk into the playoffs playing poorly, or they could get their act together and start pouring it on -- and it seems they've chosen to do the latter. Can't wait for this game. Hope it's on my Shootout this time! :(

16. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Call your cable provider, or whomever you paid that 50 bucks to, and start raising hell. There's no reason that a channel could not be set aside for what you've paid for. I know it's Texas, but that's ridiculous.

17. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, course I can't get through to them on the phone yet, but they got a HOT e-mail from me and I'm expecting a reply. I'm gonna turn up the heat as the weekend draws nigh. Told them a satellite dish was looking pretty good right now!

18. helmet

helmet New Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Jose

If you are a member of Club Quake you got a voucher for a free ticket (at least one). We're encouraging our members to use the voucher to bring a friend to the game. It's also kind of a poor man's "break the record" night - we don't expect to break any records but are trying to get as many people to the game as possible by "bringing a friend."

19. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was that the "Gift Certificate"? If so, I already used it. Two tickets wasn't it?

20. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA

O.K...so what if we have no friends?...or if they won't allow themselves to be called our "friend" officially??

21. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We're in trouble. It's time for counseling. ;)

22. Toffees_rule

Toffees_rule New Member

Feb 11, 2000
    SFSU

they don't show burn matches on tv where you are, i mean not all of the away matches anyhow?

23. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone

Just stand on the corner of First & Santa Clara streets carrying a sign "WILL YOU BE MY FRIEND?"...you'll fit right in to this neighborhood.

And if you wear Quakes kit while doing it...that's good marketing!

24. helmet

helmet New Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Jose
    Yes. And Yes if you are a season ticket holder. Only one if you are a CQ member and not a season ticket holder.

And the point is, even if you've used it - Bring a new "friend." I saw Blind Date last night and I realize that some people do not have friends. So bring a work associate. A fellow parishoner. The lady you bought ice cream from last week. Just bring someone.

25. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got it. Will definitely give it a try.