Samuel Galindo

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by batch-wafc, Oct 6, 2009.

1. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think it to be possible ...unfortunately...he looks older but also seems young...hopefully just rumors..but i wouldnt be surprised..lot of flasification in boli right now

2. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

I don't know what espn article you were or were not reading, but it clearly says "the 17-year old" and "u-20". So clearly states that he is legit, and HE IS 17!!!!

3. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    He's not refering to article itself, he's refering to the comments following the article. Apparently a Bolivian paper is stating Galindo is 20 years old based on a passport pic.

4. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well you cant't trust anyone single person, unless they have the shit to back it up. Besides, Arsenal would not have signed him if he really was lying about his age, don't you think???

Anyways, I'm glad a Bolivian finally has the balls to show people around the world that we do have talent in Bolivia. All the Best to Samuel Galindo, and I think he'll come in handy in the National Team.

5. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I searched for this article and found nothing. If you have a link I'd appreciate it but I can't find it.

Agreed, anything's possible but if he has indeed already signed with Arsenal then it means he passed his medical and it means Arsenal believes he's the age he claims. Arsenal have vast experience with young players from Africa and Latin America. They know better than most on how and when a kid is faking his age.

Parma sent Toco back because he didn't pass their medical test and they didn't believe his age (bone scan more than likely) I think Arsenal has procedures in place to verify a kids age.

If they signed him then they believe he's 17, and I'll trust Arsenal on this over ElDiario every day of the week.

6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Yea, def.

Africa is where it is most likely that players fake their age, because of how shady their birth certificates are, often written in pencil.

7. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I dont think its official yet, this is basically a mock up translation of what came out earlier, wiht wenger talking about loaning him out, the problem is getting him that work permit though.... but yea, i am pretty sure he'll stay in europe.

The problem is, he wont be able to come to europe to play ANYWHERE until he turns 17, as apparently cross contient changes for players to play on teams is not permitted until they are 18.

9. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nice. That semi-amatuer club Real America got a pretty decent pay out at 500k GBP i think right?

11. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    One of the local papers appears to have solid proof of his real age, showing that he was born on April 18, 1989, and which would make him 20 years old.
    http://www.eldiario.net/noticias/2010/2010_01/nt100118/7_01dep.php

Several teams who participated in El Mundualito have also raised questions about the real age on the team Tahichi presented and won the cup with yesterday. Two of them will make an official complaint to FIFA, per my source in Bolivia.

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  13. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this will not only hurt galindo but our NT and our reputation [bolivian soccer as a whole] which is not good NOW might i add...:(

FIFA might punish us...ban us...and people will look at our soccer as a nation that needs to cheat to have any chance of winning...

14. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  16. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    WTF is going on here

Hater + PhotoShop = Galindo age scandal ?????

I don't know anymore but if Arsenal believe the second passport is a fake and he indeed is 17 then that's all that matters.

ElDeportivo loses mass credibility if they were the only outlets in Bolivia to go to air/print with this and now one of the biggest clubs in the world is saying it's total BS:eek: Typical I suppose.

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yep. Typical Bolivian Media! Anyone remember this?? LOL

When they put up the lost footage (from the TV show Lost) and someone sent it to they saying it came frmo that 'air france' flight that disappeared over brasil??

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MPOJSsggjs"]YouTube- Bolivian News mistakes Oceanic Airlines Flight 815 for Air France plane![/ame]

God this really made us look bad. But Hilarity ensued all around the world, at our expense.

18. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    LMAO, I remember that:eek:
    Those idiots in the media will go to air/print with just about anything.

I remember a few years ago my punk 15yr old cousin sent El Deber some BS info on a story they were printing (Of course he made everything up) and those idiots printed his quotes and used him as a "source"

God I hate our media.

Never mind all that though. What's important is that Arsenal says he's 17 and we're good to go on operation Galindo:D

19. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

good to hear...NO...GREAT TO HEAR!..i was really worried and disappointed but this comes as a relief

.but who is he

20. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Sounds like some "dirigente" did not get his cut of the Galindo deal, and decided to try to screw up the Kid's future. Shame on El Diario for not doing their job and checking their sources.
    It did smell fishy to me, but that is the way we do it in Bolivia. And we wonder why we seem to lack any respect from the world soccer community. Did you know that for a crappy league as ours, FIFA has to deal with our legal issues more than all the other leagues in South America? Players whose contract was not honored, players who played without the required papers in place, players who forged their papers, etc.
    We even have an ex-president for the country's most successful team (Bolivar), going to jail for racketeering, for crying out loud! This is the same guy FIFA had banned from Conmebol FOR LIFE more than ten years ago!

Enough!!!:mad::mad:

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yep! He's the guy that stole something like 800k USD during the transfer of botero to PUMAS. A good chunk of his transfer fee that was supposed to go to Bolivars bank account never did.

22. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    -article on galindos salary...apparently his transfer was
    800 000 usd

El sueldo de Galindo es $us 15 mil en el Arsenal
    Arsenal ya le definió un salario mensual al volante cruceño quien ya estudia inglés.

http://facetasdeportivastv.com/nota.php?id=9801

Está establecido que Samuel Galindo tendrá un salario de aproximadamente 15 mil dólares en el Arsenal, club inglés que recientemente lo fichó tras la aprobación del entrenador francés Arsene Wenger.
    El mediocampista cruceño por ahora vive dulces momentos en su nuevo equipo, del que se dice habría pagado 800 mil dólares por su ficha de actuación.
    Santiago Sluzewski, abogado y agente del jugador, explicó ayer vía telefónica desde Buenos Aires, que su representado está feliz por el gran paso que ha dado su carrera y sobre todo por el trato que recibe del club y de los elogios que recibió del entrenador del plantel profesional.
    “La transferencia está casi terminada. Lo de Samuel (Galindo) es un hecho histórico en el fútbol boliviano porque ha logrado fichar en uno de los mejores clubes del mundo. Tiene buen sueldo, vive cómodamente y tendrá un pasaje por año para ir a ver a su familia”, sostuvo Sluzewski quien además aclaró que la ficha del ex volante de Real América y la selección nacional Sub 17 puede llegar a costar mucho más de lo que la prensa inglesa anunció, ya que firmará un contrato en la que ganará más de acuerdo a las etapas que supere.
    “Lo que primero quiere la dirigencia del Arsenal es cuidar al jugador. Quieren que se sienta bien en el club, que mejore su condición física y que desde luego sepa hablar bien inglés para comunicarse con sus compañeros”, explicó el empresario quien considera que Galindo tiene chance de quedarse en el Arsenal, aunque todo dependerá de lo que el club haga a partir del próximo 18 de abril, cuando el jugador cumpla 18 años.
    “Vamos a esperar qué deciden hacer, pero lo concreto es que la dirigencia quiere lo mejor para Samuel, ya sea en el Arsenal o al club que lo cedan”, puntualizó Sluzewski
    18 años Es la edad que tendrá Galindo a partir del próximo 18 de abril.

23. rolo01

rolo01 New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ashton, MD
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Facetas Sucks!

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good to hear that they want to take care of him! I am sure Wenger is keeping a close eye on him. There is a thread on the arsenal forum where members actually watch the reserve and youth teams, and comment, so i am sure we'll get a good amount of Info on Galindo! Hopefully they get him on a good diet to gain some muscle, and he learns english, which everyone speaks in europe! I am happy for him :)