Samuel Galindo

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by batch-wafc, Oct 6, 2009.

1. AleBoliviano

AleBoliviano Member

Sep 14, 2007
    NOVA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://gunnerblog.com/?p=2146

"in which he took part in a five-a-side game on the same team as the likes of Fabregas and Arshavin - and, by all accounts, didn’t look out of place."

i hope this is true because that would mean he did great.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I mean from what i read, Real America, are getting a 500k and maybe more depending if he shows for the first team! Not too shabby!

http://www.onlinearsenal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20522

Here's some videos that i just found of Galindo:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHLiJEbX_gw"]YouTube- Samuel Galindo Compact Sub 20 U171920 Captain Part 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgZJiUWvVvs"]YouTube- Samuel Galindo Compact Sub 20 U171920 Captain Part 2[/ame]

3. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well b/c platini knows gilbert is a real deal attacking player who can score...galindos not that type of player...

IMO gilbert shoulda went to europe way b4 galindo did...he was named the best FWD in the tournament

4. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    yeah i felt bad for the Evertonians, when i just heard this last night. David Moyes might be pissssssed.

ditto on Galindo over Alvarez on that one game . Alvarez was impressive too tho.

5. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    http://gunnerblog.com/?p=2146

"In the meantime, Galindo was offered a day’s trial at London Colney. Impressed by the six-foot-plus forward’s technique and physicality, Arsene said he would gladly have the boy back again, but couldn’t possibly make a decision on a transfer on the basis of just one training session.
    At this stage, Everton got wind of Arsenal’s interest, and were furious. They issued Galindo and his father, who had travelled with the boy to London, an ultimatum: return to the North-West and sign the deal on offer, or the deal was dead.

Galindo showed incredibly maturity and confidence to ignore Everton’s threat and return for a second day’s training at Colney, in which he took part in a five-a-side game on the same team as the likes of Fabregas and Arshavin - and, by all accounts, didn’t look out of place. Aware of the pressure the boy was under from Everton, and impressed by his obvious talent, Arsene made his interest plain: a deal was on."

DAMN! well I guess we can kiss any future Everton interest in our players goodbye. David Moyes' head must have exploded when he found out he just paid to have Galindo and his dad brought to England only to have Wenger seduce him away in the middle of the night like some masked casanova:D

Some folks on the Arsenal sites are saying he played as a left winger during the trials and Wenger will try to turn him into a left winger (bad idea IMO) Either way, it seems that he hasn't actually signed a full contract and wont until next week.

6. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Arsene Wenger for me is the best scout out there, he's brought youth after youth and most of them have succeeded. If this continues to be true then Galindo couldnt have landed in a better place for training. This would follow with playing for the national team, specially on friendlies.

7. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    hahaha. its no secret that Arsene likes young boys. he's got an eye for them. does this mean that he sent his men to stalk Everton operations? can't say that i feel bad for Everton for not making sure there was a deal to be made.Sure Arsenal are one of the best in EPL but loyalty plays a big part and Everton took a chance on Galindo.that's business ...

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He probably has sources watching the youth tournaments, its no surprise that galindo was considered one of the top stars, and arsenal spotted him. Its not like he was BIG secret, he played well for bolivia.

Edit: Some good info from a poster on here, a Arsenal supporter.

Looks like galindo may have trouble getting to stay over there....

9. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jeez with tall this talk..i hope some DEAL gets made..it would suck bollas if nothing happened and he was sent back to bolivia team-less

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I just read what Nilo' posted!

Turn him into a winger???? He's not fast enough..... we'll see though.

11. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Even if it all falls through we know he has the talent and now he's on everybodys radar. It's just a matter of time before he gets picked up in europe, if not by Arsenal then by someone else.

As far as his national team caps, you can bet good money that whoever our next coach is he will give him full national team caps and therefore make it a little easier for him to join the full arsenal squad.

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Another great post by the guy on the arsenal side on here. This is what he says would have to be done to get a work permit. If Galindo can vouches for his talent in south america, like big names/ talent evaluators, heck even Arsene Wenger, we'll see.

13. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I wouldve expected a Gilbert transfer in SA by now, surprised we havent heard anything, but this is the window to hear something. Which club does he play for now? Justiniano was the other one with the call up, wonder what's going on with him.

14. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Im amazed.......Just trying to take all this in.
    It would be amazing if he got the work permit and he started practicinf for the 1st team. That could mean that we could possibly be seeing galindo in a premier league match wearing the arsenal jersey. Can you imagine that???????????
    Take a minute to picture it.
    It would be the beginning of a new era. God I hope it all works out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here is to Samuel Galindo, and all the best.

15. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i know that worries me too...those kids alongside galindo made bolivia look good in that sub17 tourney...theyre good enough to be in el exterior if not europe...SA is good enough..hell bolivars fine with me as long as theyre playing

i know..its amazing but dont get your hopes up...this is how it looked with fiorentina and wigan and haha even everton...and arsene wenger is criticised for having young players just to sell them for a profit...

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am surprised a boca juniors or river plate, or hell any team in south america frmo brasil or argentina havent jumped on our kids yet.

There is rumors from the US U20 team, a colombian kid from colombian parents named carlos martinez is being asked to go on trial for boca's youth team, at 17 hes like galindo, and is said to be a classic '10'.

They spotted him, why havent they gone after our kids?

And anyone remember the story about a kid going on trial and impressing from i think tahuichi maybe a year or 2 ago? Who was this guy? It was at boca, and they said they would be interested in giving him some more time to impress? He was i think 17 or 18 at the time.

17. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

bolivia as this moment has a low rep even though we seem to have good players and well i dont think gilbert and justiniano are playing which is why theyre not being talked of...

i think we talked about that kid from boca but look at the past youth messiahs from the past...jose luis ortiz ring a bell?

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^ Its strange, because i think out of any talent he had before, the german game style of simplstic passing, and pure strength play wiped it away. lol

I rememeber seeing him on bolivian news when he was like 16-17 and juggling with the ball in a bayern uniform. I dont know how he went from that, an up and coming prospect, to a nobody barely surviving in the bolivian league!

But yes, we don't have the greatest rep right now, what helped the greatest players in the past, was good showings in south american tournaments, and being able to go to the youth WC, and not to mention the bolivian league teams they did play for, like the Bolivar 90' team, was good. That had etcheverry, and Baldivieso, and was the team that lead the libertadores out of the probably the hardest group, both beating boca and river in points to get out of the group stages first!

Its stuff like that, that gets attention to our NT, and our club, and performances at the NT level.

19. rolo01

rolo01 New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ashton, MD
    Club:
    CA River Plate
  20. Arteta's Girl

Arteta's Girl Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Strugglers? We finished 5th the last 2 seasons :confused: and are struggling this season due to long term injuries to key players...

Plus, we are known for our youth development actually, we have one of the best academies in England. I have read somewhere that we have given more debuts to academy players than any other Premier League side since the Premier League era began...:rolleyes:

Plus, Moyes is a manager known for bringing youth through and giving them opportunities - debuts this year given to Coleman (21), Agard (20), Duffy (17), Wallace (17 - 18 now), Akpan (18), Craig (18), Forshaw (18), Mustafi (17), Bidwell (16) - albeit, some of these were in a European game that meant nothing but still...- not to mention Rodwell (18), Baxter (17) and Gosling (19) who debuted in previous seasons...

Anyway, pretty sad to miss out on this guy as he seems a great talent. Can only hope him the best in the future.

21. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Everton def got hit with the injury bug. Sucks for them as Moyes seems to be leading the team in the right direction. Also, Moyes likes SA players and I think Galindo would've flourished there, but Arsenal is also known for giving the young talent time on the pitch to provethemselves, and their academy has grown many a players.

Getting to play in Spain must be a lot easier since they're trying to loan him there. BUt I thought they couldnt do this since the Vela move, is going to spain different than what they did with Vela?

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    HMMM..... this is what that guy guessed before... lets see though. I think what he is trying to do, is be the middle man, like have him loaned out to a team in spain, frmo Real America, and when that loan is up, Arsenal scoop him i think??

Great post as usual Rolo'. You usually post only good stuff. :)

Hey, sorry about that. I dont follow the EPL too much, and last i heard everton were having issues with injuries, and thats why they brought in Donovan, to help out with their issues this season, to hopefully make an impact.

Yea, I wasnt too familiar with your academy either. Thanks for the post and clarification.

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Also anyone else find it funny, how our guys have so much trouble getting to europe, yet a kid who doesnt even play FULL pro, in galindo is already getting to arsenal and might start playing in la liga on loan??? LOL

24. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    MirrorFootball is also just mostly hearsay as well tho. i don't like this getting loaned out situation and less if its coming from Arsene.Galindo might get lost somewhere in EU. I was much more excited that Everton might have a go at Galindo. I would be rather him develop to full potential before having him loaned out. If Arsene was impressed so much just in 2 days. then there seems to be more of a chance that he will receive this "Special Permit". why start looking for a team in La Liga?

does Galindo have to be loaned out no matter what? if he receives a special permit? Would Everton done the same and loaned Galindo out?

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Apparently for that he needs a cap for the NT, hopefully he can get it.

Also there is a rulle where a kid under 18 isnt allowed to leave their continent, so over on the arsenal board they suspect him not to come over to a spanish team or arsenal until june because his bday is in april.

Until then, my guess is thery sign him, but will loan him for 6 months to Real America, the team he is at now.