Sampdoria vs. Napoli @Stadio Luigi Ferraris - Matchday 3

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Aug 31, 2018.

1. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Match Preview: https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/preview/125091

Last season: Sampdoria 0-2 Napoli

Sampdoria (probable): Audero; Bereszynski, Andersen, Tonelli, Murru; Linetty, Barreto, Ekdal; Ramirez; Quagliarella; Caprari

Suspended: None

Napoli (probable): Ospina; Hysaj, Albiol, Koulibaly, Mario Rui; Allan, Hamsik, Zielinski; Callejon; Milik, Insigne

Suspended: None

2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If he plays the same line up he is a joke.

Sarri was criticized for not rotating. What is Ancelotti doing?

Is Fabian injured? Why no Verdi? I thought those where our top acquisitions?

And it seems Hamsik and Insigne continue to have a some sort of a guarantee.

Sacki repped this.
  3. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I believe that Carlo as well as some of the players have both expressed that the rotation will start with the introduction of CHL on the scene. We may criticize that decision or have our doubts about it, but the information should not be neglected, because it had been communicated openly to all of the fans.

I personally find it a bit risky to not try the variants sooner than the time comes to try them, but then again, there are no training grounds around anymore, if you lose this game or the one before a CHL game, it amounts to the same thing. Carlo is no novice, he probably has some philosophy behind his decisions, hopefully...

You are so frisky in your resentfulness...

4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Your problem is that you do not get the points. I like Ancelotti.

But ADL fired Sarri for not doing well in CL and not rotating. If we just rotate in CL then that is exactly what sarri did too.

The second point again against ADL is that he said we strengthened by replacing Jorginho with Fabian and Verdi yet neither as seen as first team.

I also don’t get why we did not keeper Reina and buy Meret instead of Ospina and Karnezis. If Reina wanted to go then the solution was Areloa.

Also I never saw us publicly saying that we would only rotate when CL starts.

5. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If it ain’t broke don’t fix it....

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But why attack Sarri then?

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its still early.... Look at Roma they are using their new signings and they are getting fcked up.

8. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    When are you going to get over the fact that Sarri is now no longer the coach of Napoli? This nostalgia has been going on for too long.

I don't think so. From how critical you have been so far of CA, my guess is you are just waiting for him to loose his first competitive game ( which inevitably will happen eventually ) and then you will be all over it. You fore-told gloom and doom before the season begin and it hasn't happened so far. Some credit has to go to the coach. Just like we give credit to Sarri when the team played well last season.

I am reading news that speculating Verdi for Callejon and Fabian for Hamsik. Personally, I am curious to see how Luperto perform if giving a starting berth.

Should we try Maksimovic? Albiol has been shaky recently. The defence need fixing but unfortunately it's too late to do anything with the goalkeeping situation.

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No nostalgia at all. It’s over. I am just saying ADL should be responding as to why he fired him, if we don’t make it out of group stages or don’t rotate

Not true. I have not attacked Ancelotti. I won’t. He is a good coach. I am always behind our coaches. I supported Mazzarri and Benitez even here when people wanted them out. I supported Sarri after his first three games when Maradona attacked him and in his second season when we had a bad spell.

My crticism show what a piece of shit ADL is. He fired Sarri and hired Ancelott to create distraction in order to not spend. So I am now exposing his lies.

Even if we win the league it will be in spite of ADL.

I have read it too. That would be great. Diawara for Hamsik. I have not read anything about Fabian.

Hope he gets a start too.

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Roma and Lazio are much worse off than us.

Roma are a supermarket and lose out every season because new players have to gel.

Lazio barely spends and their team will never compete.

The danger are the Milan clubs and I have said it many times. I never mention the Roman clubs. To be competitive we need a stadium and better marketing.

11. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Sarri took forever to integrate a player into the team, yet you criticize Carlo after only 2 professional games. And DL's problem with Sarri was that he rotated in such a way as to get our asses served to us in the CHL. We had a solid chance to get out of the group last year, everything was in our hands, now we have The Group of Hell.

The keepers, well, it's not a question that can be asked so easily, especially not by us. You write as if bringing in players looked sth like this: "You know, so I walked into this building, there I met the president of this keeper's club, told him that if he didn't give me his player I'd rape his wife, and the deal was done."

12. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    And your hatred of DL makes you blind. I kind of agree with you, but you simply refuse to understand that DL might just have a different philosophy. He has faith in the players who have been with us for a long time and who know each other well. So many people bash their reinforcements, both Milan clubs' fans and Roma, that tells me that DL's philosophy actually might be good for at least sth, and it's financially healthy. Whether he does it because he believes in it or because it makes him money, well, I don't know.

13. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Then how do you explain this?

We as fans do not have the prerogative to witness the players fitness and performance during training as much as the coach, so it's very well CA decided to start the same line up in what he thinks is the best. I am quite sure based on his past record, he will rotate later on even if not this time.

Agree with you about ADL as I always do.

14. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    I kind of agree that the criticism of CA is excessive and un-warranted. As I always said, we better judge further into the season. Now is too pre-mature. Yes I kind of agree that Sarri did not try to rotate enough. However, the lack of reinforcement from ADL is not helping esp after we loose Ghoulam.

We can certainly sign better keepers than other clubs 2nd and 3rd choice and now left with this leaky defence. The fact that our keepers are not reliable makes our defenders very nervous and prone to rash-mistakes.

In the first, place, why didn't the club not extend Reina? That''s purely due to the shitty ego of ADL. Reina love Napoli, still have a few good years left and could have extended with us. But in ADL's mind, the fact that Reina doesn't have any "resale value" probably more important than us having a solid keeper.

You directing this reply to who?

Well, we have gone through this before. Most of us here including me hates ADL and we can't all be blind. ADL has the chance to make the club a lot of stronger but choose not to. He only cares for the well-being of his own pocket. And he talks rubbish to the press, alienating us with other clubs and players. I do not why you simply refuse to acknowledge something that is so glaringly obvious. He is the true reason why we never win any meaningful trophies.

15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dude I really am tired of discussing things with you.

1. You are not to the point and write a lot of extra stuff. Please say what you want in a sentence and I don’t need your examples. Just make your point

2. I have not criticied Ancelotti and I also said I haven’t. I wrote once, IF he plays them, it would be ridiculous and my criticism would have been at ADL. It seems Ancelotti will rotate.

You can criticize me for attacking ADL constantly but you have no other points. I agree I do that but I am just showing his hypocrisy every time I can.

16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maybe I am blind because I despise him. That is your only valid point. But then bring examples of where I am wrong.

In this particular case I clealry said if Ancelotti does not rotate. So there is no crticism if he does.

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know Sarri and Ancelotti are amazing coaches. They will get out the most. If they don’t rotate it is only because players are not fit or they think they are not good enough and in Sarri’s case it was not easy to fit the system.

All I said was that if we play 3 games in a row with the same team and if we don’t go out on group stages then ADL firing Sarri for those reasons is pathetic. And ADL is smart enough to know cup competitions are about luck of draw.

I genuinely believe he wanted someone to rotate so he can sell all players in the squad and I genuinely believe bringing Ancelloti was a big signing that he can use when others buy players he says we brought Ancelott.

Look what he did on the stadium. Attacked the city and said he will build one outside. Does anyone really think he will build one?

18. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No starting spot for Mertens ? lol

Sacki and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  19. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Which is what I dont understand. Im happy to be seeing some rotation elsewhere, but what good is it if you have a scarecrow in strike?? Mertens movement saved us last time, so why is he being ostracised from the starting xi? I understood the first two games, him coming back late from the WC and all but he is head and shoulders above Milik - right now or whenever. I do not think we would've had the uphill struggle we had versus the first 2 teams if Milik was swapped out for mertens.

Sacki and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  20. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's perplexing to me

Mertens >>>> Milik
    Mertens >>>> Insigne

Yet.........he's on the bench

Retrosword, Sacki and CarecaNapoli repped this.
  21. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    how is it not broken? This team lead in record low goals last season, yet are getting turned over by shit attacks like Milan's and Immobile (aka Lazio's entire attack)

22. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Great pace to the match so far.

Koulibaly is incredible.

23. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club: